PDA

View Full Version : Troma Goes Blu!

Nailwraps
11-29-2009, 04:55 PM
As you've heard, Troma has finally making it's Blu-Ray debut! I've made this thread to keep track on the Blu-Rays Troma will release for 2010 and beyond.

First off, we all know Poultrygeist is heading to Blu in February.:

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=39934

And now, Tromeo and Juliet will be released on Blu-Ray March 30th!:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?has=tromeo&rgn=us&med=b&init_form=str0_has_tromeo*rgn_us*med_b

scott71670
11-29-2009, 08:21 PM
They're probably going to release newer things that may have film masters for them? Even most of their dvd releases have been VHS quality- used to shrug and roll my eyes but now it really feeds my VHS nostalgia so I'm not complaining.

Body Boy
11-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, it will probably be a newer flicks for blu ray thing. I do not understand why though, since I am still waiting for widescreem version of The Last Horror Film, Mother's Day, Graduation Day, Girls School Screamers and The Children, to name a few. >.> :( Oh well.

Nailwraps
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM
But most Troma films are shot in full screen (with the expectation of Poultrygeist). It's only Toxic Avenger and Tromeo & Juliet that are, to this day, unconfirmed if they were shot either in full screen or widescreen.

KR~!
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
They're probably going to release newer things that may have film masters for them? Even most of their dvd releases have been VHS quality- used to shrug and roll my eyes but now it really feeds my VHS nostalgia so I'm not complaining.

So that means that their Blu-Rays will be 1st gen DVD quality?:p

x666x
11-29-2009, 10:52 PM
The funniest news I have heard in a while. Are they just going to port the already bad dvd masters?

Mutilated Prey
11-29-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd like a Mother's Day blu.

MisterTwister
11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
There's already a thread about this:

http://www.horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showthread.php?t=39934

Katatonia
11-30-2009, 01:33 AM
The funniest news I have heard in a while. Are they just going to port the already bad dvd masters?

Maybe upconverted DVD transfers to 720p? :D They could always follow Timeless Media Group and do that! :eek2:

HellRazor
11-30-2009, 02:45 AM
I'd like a Mother's Day blu.

I wish someone besides Troma had this one and BLOODSUCKING FREAKS, would love to see a real special edition of these two with extras and prestine remastered prints in original aspect ration. You know you're never gonna see anything like that under the Troma label. :(

Grim
11-30-2009, 03:31 AM
I wish someone besides Troma had this one and BLOODSUCKING FREAKS, would love to see a real special edition of these two with extras and prestine remastered prints in original aspect ration. You know you're never gonna see anything like that under the Troma label. :(

That's what I'm saying. They could easily leave the remastering and production to a more capable company like BU, Dark Sky, Lionsgate, etc., who would probably be more than happy to pay a licensing fee and would ultimately produce a more satisfying product. Not to mention Troma fans would buy these things up like hot cakes.

Nailwraps
01-08-2010, 06:17 AM
You're gonna love this! Troma's April's Blu-Ray release will be...

CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH!

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?pub=troma&reldt=2010&has=class&rgn=us&init_form=str0_pub_troma*str1_reldt_2010*str2_has_ class*rgn_us

Also, in Troma Home Video news, Dark Nature will be released on both DVD and Blu-Ray the same day as the Class Of Nuke 'Em High Blu!

MorallySound
01-08-2010, 07:46 AM
You're gonna love this! Troma's April's Blu-Ray release will be...

CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH!

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?pub=troma&reldt=2010&has=class&rgn=us&init_form=str0_pub_troma*str1_reldt_2010*str2_has_ class*rgn_us

Also, in Troma Home Video news, Dark Nature will be released on both DVD and Blu-Ray the same day as the Class Of Nuke 'Em High Blu!

Fuck do I love that original artwork!

Grim
01-08-2010, 01:57 PM
We'll see how this turns out. I'm holding out hope that these will be vast improvements, but they could end up being upconverted debacles like the It's Always Sunny Christmas blu-ray.

Ash28M
01-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Yeah that's pretty funny. They can't even make a half decent DVD how are they going to do with Blu-ray.

Gore Lunatic
01-08-2010, 02:08 PM
Are all their BD's gonna have that green spine? I'm definitely picking up the Class of Nuke'em High. I never owned a copy of that film in any format so it's an easy buy for me.

Katatonia
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Yeah that's pretty funny. They can't even make a half decent DVD how are they going to do with Blu-ray.

I would definitely wait and see some reviews first. Troma are far from consistent in their DVD quality, and being as they are the new Blu garbage men in the dump...let's see how they do. They'll have to strike some new transfers for sure.

They could easily go the way of, oh, say Timeless Media Group who releases Blu-rays upconverted in 720p and call them Hi-Def. :rolleyes:

Sam
01-08-2010, 04:06 PM
I'll gladly go for The Toxic Avenger and Class of Nuke Em High if they're a noticeable step-up in quality from previous releases. I still have my autographed gold Toxie LD, too. May also budge on Tromeo and Juliet if price + quality's there..

HellRazor
01-09-2010, 03:05 AM
I'll bet these are nothing more than the same DVD masters transferred over to Blu. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything spectacular.

Sigh. Wish someone else held the rights for BLOODSUCKING FREAKS so we could get a remastered special edition with extras and commentary.

Vlachio
01-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Just give me The Toxic Avenger & Class of Nuke Em High on Blu!

The Chaostar
01-14-2010, 03:03 PM
And those DVD masters where VHS masters to begin with. Sure they look like it.

HellRazor
01-15-2010, 03:12 AM
And those DVD masters where VHS masters to begin with. Sure they look like it.

Yeah. And they suckered me with the "Director's Cut" crap they put on the BLOODSUCKING FREAKS DVD as it was the exact same cut of the film that was already out on VHS.

Nailwraps
01-23-2010, 06:47 AM
Surf Nazis Must Die is going to be Troma's May Blu-Ray release!

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?reldt=2010&has=surf+nazis+must+die&rgn=us&init_form=str0_reldt_2010*str1_has_surf+nazis+must +die*rgn_us

Also, I found this.:

http://forums.tromaville.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5009

Shannafey
01-23-2010, 04:23 PM
I'll bet these are nothing more than the same DVD masters transferred over to Blu. I wouldn't get your hopes up for anything spectacular.

Sigh. Wish someone else held the rights for BLOODSUCKING FREAKS so we could get a remastered special edition with extras and commentary.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking as well!

The Chaostar
01-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Read the forum link.
I'll believe it when I'll read it.
And will not trust ANY 4 or 5 star review on dvdtalk 'cause the guy that usually reviews TROMA DVD's is either a huge fan or works for them.

Nailwraps
01-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Pep Squad is also coming to Blu on the same day as Surf Nazis Must Die.:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?reldt=2010&pub=troma&has=pep+squad&rgn=us&init_form=str0_reldt_2010*str1_pub_troma*str2_has_ pep+squad*rgn_us

Katatonia
01-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Pep Squad is also coming to Blu on the same day as Surf Nazis Must Die.:

http://www.dvdaf.com/search.html?reldt=2010&pub=troma&has=pep+squad&rgn=us&init_form=str0_reldt_2010*str1_pub_troma*str2_has_ pep+squad*rgn_us

Whoa, I love that movie! :p It had nothing to do with Troma originally though...unless they're now distributing it.

sumo8675309
01-24-2010, 01:50 AM
Read the forum link.
I'll believe it when I'll read it.
And will not trust ANY 4 or 5 star review on dvdtalk 'cause the guy that usually reviews TROMA DVD's is either a huge fan or works for them.

when i clicked on the link it says my ip address has been banned from their forums

fceurich39
01-25-2010, 02:23 AM
artwork for the class of nuke em high blu-ray here
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Troma/Disc_Announcements/Class_of_Nuke_Em_High_Blu-ray_Announced_and_Box_Art_Revealed/4101

Katatonia
01-25-2010, 02:59 AM
artwork for the class of nuke em high blu-ray here
http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/show/Troma/Disc_Announcements/Class_of_Nuke_Em_High_Blu-ray_Announced_and_Box_Art_Revealed/4101

I'm going to take a chance on this and pre-order it. Amazon has it for just $13.99 right now, and the new extras sound mighty tempting. Nice artwork too.

Grim
01-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I'm hoping that they've actually taken the time to do some proper remastering with these. If so, then I will scoop up every one of their classic flicks that they release.

Wez4555
01-26-2010, 02:28 AM
wheres my redneck zombies blu?

SaxCatz
01-27-2010, 04:09 AM
Monster in the Closet is the only Troma "work" that I'd be interest in seeing in Blu...
Yet I somehow doubt that the source material really needs a Blu release.

HellRazor
01-27-2010, 04:51 AM
I think Troma stores all their film elements in a giant vat of baked beans.

SaxCatz
01-28-2010, 03:20 AM
I think Troma stores all their film elements in a giant vat of baked beans.

Either that or their film stock is actually composed purely of baked beans.
Either way, they stink.:banana:

HellRazor
01-28-2010, 03:56 AM
But they taste delicious.

Dobby
02-13-2010, 06:40 AM
But they taste delicious.

beans beans make you fart, the more you eat the more you fart

Wez4555
02-13-2010, 06:27 PM
beans beans make you fart, the more you eat the more you fart

i thought it was: beans beans the musical fruit. the more you eat the more you toot.

Grim
02-13-2010, 07:01 PM
i thought it was: beans beans the musical fruit. the more you eat the more you toot.

Or beans, beans, they're good for your heart. The more you eat, the more you fart.

SaxCatz
02-21-2010, 11:39 PM
And the inevitable review arrives:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Poultrygeist-Night-of-the-Chicken-Dead-Blu-ray-Review/8317/

MorallySound
02-22-2010, 01:01 AM
And the inevitable review arrives:
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Poultrygeist-Night-of-the-Chicken-Dead-Blu-ray-Review/8317/

Well, I'll be upgrading! For the film stock/camera they shot on and the lighting they used, that's actually, and I'll be the first to say it, a great Troma transfer!

SaxCatz
02-23-2010, 04:17 AM
For the film stock/camera they shot on and the lighting they used, that's actually, and I'll be the first to say it, a great Troma transfer!

I hate to say it, but yeah... I agree.
It is at least passable, which is something that I've never said about a Troma video presentation before.

CPT HOOK
02-23-2010, 05:04 AM
Here's another review from DVDTalk (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/40803/poultrygeist-night-of-the-chicken-dead/).

spawningblue
02-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Here's another review from DVDTalk (http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/40803/poultrygeist-night-of-the-chicken-dead/).

Yeah I would like to see comparison shots as this reviewer really ripped apart the video quality, and the reviewer seems to be more familiar with Troma releases.

ctyner
02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Yeah I would like to see comparison shots as this reviewer really ripped apart the video quality, and the reviewer seems to be more familiar with Troma releases.I haven't grabbed any new Troma DVDs in a few years, I have to admit, but I'd picked a couple dozen of 'em up till then...and I've been devouring their movies for right at 20 years now. That Blu-ray disc of Poultrygeist is definitely the best I've ever seen a Troma flick look, and it generally falls anywhere from passably-okay-to-pretty great...it just never looks like high definition.

Obviously a movie like this isn't going to sparkle like some kind of quarter-billion dollar blockbuster or anything, but even the lowest of the low-budget movies I've watched on Blu-ray -- like Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter -- were still clearly high-def at a glance. The muddy grain structure, lack of detail, soft edges, etc. here, on the other hand, all look like I'm watching a DVD. Out of boredom, I took one of the screenshots from my review, resized it down to 1000 pixels, and then resized it back to 1920 pixels, and there was zero difference. That doesn't necessarily prove the Blu-ray disc is an upconvert, but it would seem to point that there's not all that much detail to lose.

I don't have this particular DVD to do a direct comparison, although a couple of people I'd asked have told me the screenshots I posted looked pretty much the same to them. I can definitely believe that the BD looks a little better than the DVD, but I bet they're both still from the same standard-def master. It might look better by comparison, but that says more about the DVD than the Blu-ray disc. To be fair, no one else I've seen is saying what I am, so maybe I'm the odd guy out here, but I really don't think I'm wrong here. (All the early reviews of the HD DVD of The Perfect Storm were exceptionally glowing too except for mine, and that shook out my way pretty quickly. Maybe I'll be proven right in the end here too... :))

I'll tell you what, though: if some of you guys could post some screenshots from the DVD and give me the timecodes, I'll post the same shots from the BD.

Wez4555
02-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Well i have to yet get the dvd so i guess now would be the time to bite.

X-human
02-24-2010, 03:50 AM
I just watched the SD of this, and it may very well be the best in house movie they've ever done. The songs and the beginning are labored (not the graveyard opening, that's good), but everything in the restaurant is pretty much pure gold.

I'm kinda surprised how much film damage there was, and it has a solid level of grain throughout. Very rare to see a gritty movie like that today. Kinda puts to shame the obviousness of Grindhouse.

If I had it to do over, I'd buy the Blu first, but as it stands I think I'll be satisfied with the SD until a large sale comes about.

spawningblue
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
I haven't grabbed any new Troma DVDs in a few years, I have to admit, but I'd picked a couple dozen of 'em up till then...and I've been devouring their movies for right at 20 years now. That Blu-ray disc of Poultrygeist is definitely the best I've ever seen a Troma flick look, and it generally falls anywhere from passably-okay-to-pretty great...it just never looks like high definition.

Obviously a movie like this isn't going to sparkle like some kind of quarter-billion dollar blockbuster or anything, but even the lowest of the low-budget movies I've watched on Blu-ray -- like Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter -- were still clearly high-def at a glance. The muddy grain structure, lack of detail, soft edges, etc. here, on the other hand, all look like I'm watching a DVD. Out of boredom, I took one of the screenshots from my review, resized it down to 1000 pixels, and then resized it back to 1920 pixels, and there was zero difference. That doesn't necessarily prove the Blu-ray disc is an upconvert, but it would seem to point that there's not all that much detail to lose.

I don't have this particular DVD to do a direct comparison, although a couple of people I'd asked have told me the screenshots I posted looked pretty much the same to them. I can definitely believe that the BD looks a little better than the DVD, but I bet they're both still from the same standard-def master. It might look better by comparison, but that says more about the DVD than the Blu-ray disc. To be fair, no one else I've seen is saying what I am, so maybe I'm the odd guy out here, but I really don't think I'm wrong here. (All the early reviews of the HD DVD of The Perfect Storm were exceptionally glowing too except for mine, and that shook out my way pretty quickly. Maybe I'll be proven right in the end here too... :))

I'll tell you what, though: if some of you guys could post some screenshots from the DVD and give me the timecodes, I'll post the same shots from the BD.

Thanks for the info, and that's awesome that you write reviews for DVD Talk!

ctyner
03-04-2010, 09:07 PM
Poultrygeist still doesn't really have an HD look to my eyes, but Troma did pass along a picture showing the master tape to show that this isn't an upconvert:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/images/reviews/1/full/1267733174_1.jpg

Grim
03-04-2010, 11:44 PM
This is definitely the best looking Troma film out there and surprisingly one of their most well produced in my opinion. Though the film does lack detail in many scenes, I definitely think it's an HD transfer and not an upconvert as the colors are fantastic and there is overall more detail than what one would see in standard def.

Katatonia
03-11-2010, 01:17 PM
It looks like the Class of Nuke 'Em High Blu-ray is nowing coming out on May 25th, along with Surf Nazis Must Die and Pep Squad on the same day.

I pre-ordered all three for $13.99 at Amazon, so hopefully I won't be disappointed in the quality. I' mmost interested in seeing Pep Squad in HD, as the old letterbox DVD shows it's age. I still don't know why Troma are re-releasing it, as it had absolutely nothing to do with them originally.

Grim
03-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Amazon just e-mailed me to let me know that Tromeo & Juliet was pushed back till the 29th of April. Yeeeesh. Hopefully it's to make improvements.

Dobby
03-20-2010, 07:10 AM
It looks like the Class of Nuke 'Em High Blu-ray is nowing coming out on May 25th, along with Surf Nazis Must Die and Pep Squad on the same day.

I pre-ordered all three for $13.99 at Amazon, so hopefully I won't be disappointed in the quality. I' mmost interested in seeing Pep Squad in HD, as the old letterbox DVD shows it's age. I still don't know why Troma are re-releasing it, as it had absolutely nothing to do with them originally.

Surf Nazis Must Die is a must buy, YES! :fire:

Katatonia
04-22-2010, 02:30 AM
Damn, it looks like Pep Squad got cancelled on Blu-ray. Or, at least, Amazon cancelled my order and now shows it as cancelled.

I guess I'll have to stick with the old DVD still. I wish someone else would re-release it, since it wasn't even a Troma film in any way to begin with.

Grim
04-22-2010, 05:06 AM
The delivery estimate for my Tromeo & Juliet blu is May 27th. I question whether it will ever come out.

adric
04-22-2010, 07:27 AM
im sorta bummed because i just got class and surf nazis on dvd. ill still probably get them regardless.

Katatonia
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
The Surf Nazis Must Die Blu-ray has been pushed back to... December 28th? according to Amazon now.

Dobby
04-25-2010, 01:47 PM
The Surf Nazis Must Die Blu-ray has been pushed back to... December 28th? according to Amazon now.

What the hell ugg now I'm really &%#F*&#@09!!!! :mad:

rabidgoatboy
05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
I love Troma, but I don't have much faith in their blu-rays. The Poultrygeist blu has basically the same transfer as the DVD. It seems that they just used the extra space on the blu-ray to fit all out the special features that used to require 3 discs onto 1 blu-ray.

CPT HOOK
05-22-2010, 06:30 AM
My Nuke 'Em High blu-ray shipped today!

Wez4555
05-22-2010, 07:08 AM
cool. let us know how it looks!

KamuiX
05-23-2010, 11:48 PM
I received my screener for Class of Nuke 'Em High yesterday. Haven't sat and watched the whole thing, but from what I scanned, this is a big upgrade and way better than I could have imagined. It looks really film-like and is without question the best the film has ever looked.

Sadly I can't take screens straight off the disc until I go over my friend's house sometime next week, but I did take a few shots off of my TV using a digital camera, and they came out halfway decent. They'll definitely give you an idea of the quality:

http://img130.imageshack.us/i/im000862.jpg/
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/im000865.jpg/
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/im000861.jpg/

Grim
05-23-2010, 11:54 PM
I received my screener for Class of Nuke 'Em High yesterday. Haven't sat and watched the whole thing, but from what I scanned, this is a big upgrade and way better than I could have imagined. It looks really film-like and is without question the best the film has ever looked.

Sadly I can't take screens straight off the disc until I go over my friend's house sometime next week, but I did take a few shots off of my TV using a digital camera, and they came out halfway decent. They'll definitely give you an idea of the quality:

http://img130.imageshack.us/i/im000862.jpg/
http://img215.imageshack.us/i/im000865.jpg/
http://img188.imageshack.us/i/im000861.jpg/

Holy fucking shit. I never thought I would say this about Troma in regards to one of their transfers (although Poultrygeist looked really good), but great job Troma! Even those camera grabs look great.

HoldenMcNeil
05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
That transfer looks fantastic.

Wez4555
05-24-2010, 09:37 AM
Swwweeeeeeeetttt!

Chomp
05-24-2010, 08:10 PM
Wow...that does look fantastic. I was a little weary buying Troma on Blu, but after seeing those screenshots, I'm definitely going to go ahead and pre-order Class of Nuke Em High.

Katatonia
05-25-2010, 02:32 AM
Those look pretty sweet. My Class of Nuke 'Em High Blu-ray shipped earlier this morning from Amazon...due to arrive at my doorstep on Wednesday.

Chomp
05-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Today (the 25th) was the release date for the Class of Nuke Em High BLU correct? At least that's what I remember seeing yesterday. I just went to the page right now to order and it says the release date is now June 1st?

Grim
05-25-2010, 06:21 PM
It says my order is shipping soon, but if it indeed does get pushed back, then this is bullshit. Not only am I still waiting on the Tromeo & Juliet blu that was supposed to be released months ago, but now this. This is fucking ridiculous.

Nailwraps
05-26-2010, 12:55 AM
DVDTalk has a review for Class Of Nuke 'Em High!:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/41793/class-of-nuke-em-high/

In case you're wondering, the Blu-Ray presents the film in 1.85:1 Widescreeen. It might stir some controversy, but unlike The Evil Dead, most Troma films are shot in full screen and matted in widescreen for theatrical viewing (if I'm not mistaken).

Grim
05-26-2010, 02:27 PM
My Nuke'em High blu shipped, but Tromeo & Juliet got pushed back...again.

MorallySound
05-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Awesome! I'll definitely be upgrading Nuke 'Em to Blu.

CPT HOOK
05-26-2010, 06:55 PM
I got my Nuke 'Em High blu-ray. But my Pep Squad blu-ray is still back-ordered.

Katatonia
05-27-2010, 01:56 AM
But my Pep Squad blu-ray is still back-ordered.

Sadly, it's been cancelled. I was really looking the most forward to that one too. I've been a fan of the film since seeing it way back in the late-1990's

CPT HOOK
05-27-2010, 05:55 AM
Sadly, it's been cancelled. I was really looking the most forward to that one too. I've been a fan of the film since seeing it way back in the late-1990's

I heard rumors that it was canceled, I was hoping they weren't true.

Oddly, the new DVD edition appears to be in-stock at most sites. Why no blu-ray?

Katatonia
05-27-2010, 08:51 AM
I heard rumors that it was canceled, I was hoping they weren't true.

Oddly, the new DVD edition appears to be in-stock at most sites. Why no blu-ray?

Most likely the pre-order sales weren't enough to justify a Blu-ray release also.

Katatonia
05-27-2010, 10:41 AM
I received the Class of Nuke 'Em High Blu-ray yesterday, and it looks fantastic. I'm truly shocked that it looks as good as it does. This easily puts the old DVD transfer to shame in every single way. I also thought the widescreen framing looked great, and didn't notice any issues with it. This is likely the best we'll see this film look in our lifetimes.

Unfortunately the standard audio track included is no upgrade over the DVD, but that's a minor quibble...

The Blu-ray also runs a couple of minutes longer in running time on the film than the old DVD. I'm not sure what's up with that?

Nailwraps
05-28-2010, 08:39 PM
According to DVDaf, the Class Of Nuke 'Em High Blu-Ray has been rescheduled to June 1st and the new release date for Tromeo and Juliet is June 15th.

Grim
05-28-2010, 09:50 PM
According to DVDaf, the Class Of Nuke 'Em High Blu-Ray has been rescheduled to June 1st and the new release date for Tromeo and Juliet is June 15th.

Maybe Tromeo & Juliet, but I can't see how CONH was rescheduled as mine has already shipped.

EDIT: It just arrived in the mail.:D

RickMoe
05-28-2010, 10:04 PM
Got my Nuke'em High Blu yesterday from Amazon.

Fantastic transfer - even looked great matted 1.85:1 (sorry Lloyd). But there was a spelling mistake in the main menu... "Special Features" has a misplaced 'u'. Also loved the easter egg... an hours worth nude work-out!

Can't believe the delay was caused by menu grammer though... probably just ran short on production.

Grim
05-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Got my Nuke'em High Blu yesterday from Amazon.

Fantastic transfer - even looked great matted 1.85:1 (sorry Lloyd). But there was a spelling mistake in the main menu... "Special Features" has a misplaced 'u'. Also loved the easter egg... an hours worth nude work-out!

Can't believe the delay was caused by menu grammer though... probably just ran short on production.

If that's all that is wrong with it, then I can live with it. No replacement required from me.

Katatonia
05-29-2010, 04:33 AM
Also loved the easter egg... an hours worth nude work-out!

:lol: :lol: Well, technically just 54 minutes. That was just...weird. It has nothing at all to do with CONH, but has some nice eye candy!

Grim
06-02-2010, 03:17 AM
So I've determined two mistakes with this first pressing of discs. There is the aforementioned spelling mistake, which doesn't bother me really at all. The second mistake also explains the curiously longer runtime. For some reason, after the end credits end, music from the film continues to play over a black screen for an additional three minutes. I don't know if this was a mistake or some strange ode to the opening of Kubrick's 2001 (I'm reaching here), but either way it's after the end credits finish so it doesn't mess up the film any.

Zombie Dude
06-02-2010, 06:41 AM
So I've determined two mistakes with this first pressing of discs. There is the aforementioned spelling mistake, which doesn't bother me really at all. The second mistake also explains the curiously longer runtime. For some reason, after the end credits end, music from the film continues to play over a black screen for an additional three minutes. I don't know if this was a mistake or some strange ode to the opening of Kubrick's 2001 (I'm reaching here), but either way it's after the end credits finish so it doesn't mess up the film any.

Supposedly the film was always like that. I'm fairly certain I read about it on imdb.

I just want to know if this is region free. I know Poultrygeist is, so I'm hoping Nuke em' High is as well.

Grim
06-02-2010, 06:51 AM
Supposedly the film was always like that. I'm fairly certain I read about it on imdb.

I just want to know if this is region free. I know Poultrygeist is, so I'm hoping Nuke em' High is as well.

You're right it does say on imdb that the main theme plays on for about a minute, but in this one there are definitely two other songs that play for another two minutes after that. Who knows.

Zombie Dude
06-02-2010, 06:58 AM
You're right it does say on imdb that the main theme plays on for about a minute, but in this one there are definitely two other songs that play for another two minutes after that. Who knows.

That still doesn't sound like a big problem. It's just some extra music. Most people take the disc out when it gets to the credits anyway. If that's the reason it has been delayed then I think it's a bit dumb.

Grim
06-02-2010, 07:40 AM
That still doesn't sound like a big problem. It's just some extra music. Most people take the disc out when it gets to the credits anyway. If that's the reason it has been delayed then I think it's a bit dumb.

Oh yeah, as I said in my original post, it didn't bother me at all, same goes for the little spelling error. The film and all the extras were perfectly fine so I am 100% satisfied.

Zombie Dude
06-02-2010, 07:43 AM
Oh yeah, as I said in my original post, it didn't bother me at all, same goes for the little spelling error. The film and all the extras were perfectly fine so I am 100% satisfied.

Amazon has it listed as 'in stock', so who's not putting these out yet?

Do you know if the disc is region free? I'm fairly certain it is but I'd like to be sure.

Katatonia
06-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Do you know if the disc is region free? I'm fairly certain it is but I'd like to be sure.

The back cover shows the A-B-C logo on it for region free, so yeah...it definitely should be.

Zombie Dude
06-02-2010, 02:14 PM
The back cover shows the A-B-C logo on it for region free, so yeah...it definitely should be.

Sweet, thanks for clearing that up. I'm going to have to get on this. I watched the film for the first time the other day and loved it. Classic Troma. This new transfer should make the print look stunning.

Nailwraps
06-05-2010, 07:24 AM
I was strolling arounf the IMDB forums when I found this.:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081186/board/thread/160766059?d=160766059&p=1#160766059

Zombie Dude
06-05-2010, 07:31 AM
I was strolling arounf the IMDB forums when I found this.:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0081186/board/thread/160766059?d=160766059&p=1#160766059

Sounds great if it's true. I love the ending of the film.

So where's Toxie on blu? I thought The Toxic Avenger would be one of the first titles Troma would of released.

Zombie Dude
06-19-2010, 06:32 AM
Well my copy of Nuke Em High arrived yesterday and I was pretty pleased over all. I was hopping for some more vivid colours but this is still the best the film has ever looked. There is definitely a lot more fine detail to be seen here.

The sound is a bit of a let-down and doesn't really boom out of the speakers. I think I even noticed a break in the track as one of the female Clayton's (I think that's what they were called) is taking a leak in the men's urinal.

Menu wise I was pretty impressed. The most annoying part is that the deleted scenes didn't have a play all button and you had to sit through the menu intro after each scene.

Besides those little complaints this new blu is easily the best way to see Nuke Em High and is well worth buying.

Katatonia
06-19-2010, 08:23 AM
The sound is a bit of a let-down and doesn't really boom out of the speakers. I think I even noticed a break in the track as one of the female Clayton's (I think that's what they were called) is taking a leak in the men's urinal.

I think the sound is actually worse on the Blu-ray compared to the old DVD. I popped the old DVD in the other week and the bitrate of the audio stream was something like 384kbps, and the Blu-ray's was just 224kbps...or something similar.

I don't really understand why they didn't just use an uncompressed PCM 2.0 audio track, it could have easily fit on the single-layered Blu-ray.

shithead
06-19-2010, 08:28 AM
What happened with Tromeo And Juliet? Was it cancelled?

Zombie Dude
06-19-2010, 08:36 AM
I think the sound is actually worse on the Blu-ray compared to the old DVD. I popped the old DVD in the other week and the bitrate of the audio stream was something like 384kbps, and the Blu-ray's was just 224kbps...or something similar.

I don't really understand why they didn't just use an uncompressed PCM 2.0 audio track, it could have easily fit on the single-layered Blu-ray.
Wow if that's the case then that's a rather poor effort from Troma. Has anyone complained to Troma about this or at least made them aware of the issue?
What happened with Tromeo And Juliet? Was it cancelled?
I thought it was just delayed. I doubt it's been cancelled.

Nailwraps
06-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Blu-Ray.com says it's coming out June 22nd:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tromeo-and-Juliet-Blu-ray/8657/

However DVDEmpire says it's coming out on the 29th.

Grim
06-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Got my copy of Tromeo & Juliet today. Apparently it was always intended for 4:3, as that's how it's presented here as well. The transfer looks great, though. There is expected dust and scratches, but overall it looks great. It actually looks like a film that was shot in 1995 now, not 1975.

Grim
06-23-2010, 07:01 AM
Here's two pics I took with my digital camera to give you an idea.
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/BookooBoushell/IMG_0796.jpg
http://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/BookooBoushell/IMG_0797.jpg

Zombie Dude
06-23-2010, 07:33 AM
Got my copy of Tromeo & Juliet today. Apparently it was always intended for 4:3, as that's how it's presented here as well. The transfer looks great, though. There is expected dust and scratches, but overall it looks great. It actually looks like a film that was shot in 1995 now, not 1975.

Hmm, it would have been nice to have a widescreen option. Judging from those pictures the transfer looks really good. My copies on order. Look forward to getting it as I haven't seen the film before.

Nailwraps
06-24-2010, 06:31 PM
DVDTalk has reviewed the Tromeo and Juliet Blu!:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/41012/tromeo-and-juliet/

Zombie Dude
06-30-2010, 09:23 AM
My copy of Tromeo and Juliet still hasn't shipped from Axel. :(

Nailwraps
07-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Another Tromeo and Juliet Blu-Ray review from Blu-Ray.com!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tromeo-and-Juliet-Blu-ray/8657/#Review

Zombie Dude
07-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Watched Tromeo last night and thought it wasn't too bad as I'd never seen the film before.

Does anyone else's deleted scenes play up though? The second one which is a sex scene loops the audio from the first one rather than play the correct track. Once the third starts up there's no problem. It's just that second scene.

CPT HOOK
08-01-2010, 01:36 AM
Anyone know if Troma has given up on blu-ray? I remember them saying they would release one title per month. They cancelled Pep Squad and Surf Nazis, I'm guessing these aren't selling well.

I love my Nuke 'Em High blu-ray, and I was really hoping to see Mother's Day and Toxic Avenger hit the format in the near future.

Zombie Dude
08-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Anyone know if Troma has given up on blu-ray? I remember them saying they would release one title per month. They cancelled Pep Squad and Surf Nazis, I'm guessing these aren't selling well.

I love my Nuke 'Em High blu-ray, and I was really hoping to see Mother's Day and Toxic Avenger hit the format in the near future.

I watched Surf Nazis online not long ago and it was really slow and boring. I'm not surprised they cancelled that one.

Their Tromeo disk has a glitch or two. I was really hoping to see The Toxic Avenger on blu. I hope they release that one.

Katatonia
08-01-2010, 08:08 AM
They cancelled Pep Squad and Surf Nazis, I'm guessing these aren't selling well.

Pep Squad was apparently cancelled on Blu-ray, but Surf Nazis looks like it's still due out on 12/28. Or at least Amazon never cancelled my order on that one...yet.

CPT HOOK
08-01-2010, 08:22 AM
Pep Squad was apparently cancelled on Blu-ray, but Surf Nazis looks like it's still due out on 12/28. Or at least Amazon never cancelled my order on that one...yet.

I had both pre-ordered from DeepDiscount and they were both cancelled.

rabidgoatboy
08-10-2010, 09:22 PM
My Surf Nazis pre-order was canceled today by Deep Discount.

CPT HOOK
12-15-2010, 01:28 AM
Amazon still has the December 28th pre-listing for Surf Nazis Must Die. Only two weeks left.

Any chance these orders are going to be filled? Come on, Troma! We want more blu-rays! Preferably Mother's Day!

Grim
12-15-2010, 02:54 AM
I'd like to see them release the Toxic Avenger series (I'm surprised the first film wasn't their debut blu release), Troma's War, Sgt. Kabukiman, and Terror Firmer on blu. After that, I'd be pretty set.

bruce h
12-24-2010, 05:42 PM
With their recent distributor change, I can't imagine the SURF NAZIS blu actually streeting next week. I'd imagine we'll see a Spring release.

I was actually very surprised with their CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH blu; what I wouldn't give to see BLOODSUCKING FREAKS treated the same way!

Katatonia
12-24-2010, 07:07 PM
With their recent distributor change, I can't imagine the SURF NAZIS blu actually streeting next week. I'd imagine we'll see a Spring release.

I was actually very surprised with their CLASS OF NUKE 'EM HIGH blu; what I wouldn't give to see BLOODSUCKING FREAKS treated the same way!

Yeah, I'm not really expecting it to ship next week. I've had it on pre-order at Amazon forever now, so what's a few more months? :evil:

I just hope they don't shittify the audio like they did with the Class of Nuke 'Em High Blu. The DVD actually had a far higher bitrate for the audio track believe it or not.

JGrendel
12-25-2010, 10:35 AM
I'd like to see them bring out Cannibal The Musical, Mother's day & graduation day.

MorallySound
12-25-2010, 10:04 PM
Surf Nazis isn't cancelled. It's just been pushed due to the distributor change, should arrive early to mid 2011 I'd assume.

Hopefully we'll see The Toxic Avenger announced for Blu soon! I was completely blown away by the video upgrade on Class of Nuke 'Em High from their DVD (which the VHS I think looks better than). Sure the audio might not have been as loud as it could have been, but still sounds clear, but damn does Nuke 'Em High look glorious in HD and 1.85:1. So I'm waiting for Toxie in HD and widescreen hopefully in 2011.

blu
02-09-2011, 05:51 AM
I'd like to see them bring out Cannibal The Musical, Mother's day & graduation day.

Amazon now has Mother's Day up for preorder. Street date is May 10th.

Nailwraps
02-09-2011, 06:35 AM
Finally! :D

Katatonia
02-16-2011, 04:57 AM
Surf Nazis isn't cancelled. It's just been pushed due to the distributor change, should arrive early to mid 2011 I'd assume.

I just got an email from Amazon that my old pre-order for Surf Nazis was cancelled. They didn't cancel it after the first couple of release date delays, so it's interesting that they did now.

Erick H.
02-16-2011, 10:00 AM
Wonder if they'd ever do a widescreen version of GRADUATION DAY ?

CPT HOOK
02-16-2011, 09:10 PM
I went ahead and pre-ordered the blu-ray of Mother's Day on amazon. It is currently at full price, but I'm sure it will drop before the release date.

Mother's Day is my favorite Troma film, I'm really excited to see it hit blu-ray. I'm also very excited to see Troma releasing more blu-rays, I thought that maybe they'd given up on the format.

CPT HOOK
02-18-2011, 05:44 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81VbW3aWr3L._AA1500_.jpg

Nailwraps
02-18-2011, 08:01 AM
I know. Pretty kick-ass cover! I would also like to inform that a new DVD edition of Mother's Day will be released the same day as the Blu.

CPT HOOK
03-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I just received an e-mail from Amazon: Mother's Day blu-ray has been pushed back to June 7th.

Katatonia
03-08-2011, 02:38 AM
I just received an e-mail from Amazon: Mother's Day blu-ray has been pushed back to June 7th.

Same here. Not surprising with Troma though, since this happens with almost every release.

The Chaostar
03-08-2011, 01:02 PM
Sorry but wasn't Troma's DVD derived from a BETA master tape, supposedly because the only film print in existence was destroyed while on it's way to Troma's HQ for a transfer?
That's what they officially stated back then. So what's gonna be the basis of their Blu-Ray release? A 20 years old BETA master?
You gotta be fuckin' kidding.

JGrendel
03-08-2011, 04:24 PM
I'm stoked for this release.

Nailwraps
03-08-2011, 05:07 PM
So what's gonna be the basis of their Blu-Ray release? A 20 years old BETA master?

I'm sure the new transfer will derive from better surviving/high quality sources. I suppose will come to an understanding that the new tranfer won't blow us away, but it should at least be better then the previous DVD release.

JGrendel
03-08-2011, 09:24 PM
I can live with that.

tromateamvideo
03-14-2011, 05:20 AM
we actually re-mastered the film from the original negative for HD and enhanced the picture for 16x9. wait for the release and you will see for your self.
Also the release date was pushed back to street with the theatrical re-make.
check troma.com for the latest info.

rhett
03-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Thanks for the update, guys. Nice to know where the source material is coming from and the reason for the release date. That's all the fans could ask for! Looking forward to checking it out when it does hit.

dickieduvet
03-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Looking forward to this one big time, Love it. Region free hopefully ;)

Katatonia
03-15-2011, 10:27 AM
we actually re-mastered the film from the original negative for HD and enhanced the picture for 16x9. wait for the release and you will see for your self.
Also the release date was pushed back to street with the theatrical re-make.
check troma.com for the latest info.

That's awesome!

Any update on the Surf Nazis Must Die Blu-ray release?

Darga
04-06-2011, 01:02 AM
I somehow missed this thread before. Mother's Day re-mastered and on Blu ray? I am psyched.

CPT HOOK
05-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Someone on the blu-ray.com forums mentioned that Surf Nazis is currently available as a BestBuy Exclusive. Their website has a listing for it online (but it is back-ordered) but it shows as not available for in-store pickup.

I'm assuming the original poster just saw the BestBuy.com listing and made an assumption. But can anyone confirm or deny this rumor?

JGrendel
05-26-2011, 09:42 AM
June 7th isn't bad I can wait (if I have too)

Mutilated Prey
05-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Mother' Day Blu ordered from Borders with 50% off coupon - $7.99. Indeed!

Katatonia
06-03-2011, 09:13 AM
Mother's Day has been pushed back to September 27th.

CPT HOOK
06-03-2011, 09:02 PM
:( This is my most anticipated blu-ray release, and easily one of Troma's best. I hope we don't have another Surf Nazis on our hands.

Darga
06-09-2011, 10:48 PM
mother's day has been pushed back to september 27th.

argh!!!

JGrendel
06-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Just along as they do release this, I'm cool with waiting alittle longer

Demoni
06-10-2011, 04:07 AM
Troma´s site still lists this to be released in June.

Katatonia
06-10-2011, 04:43 AM

Not surprising. Their website is often outdated.

One retailer even lists the release date as 12/20/2011

Demoni
06-10-2011, 03:40 PM
Not surprising. Their website is often outdated.

One retailer even lists the release date as 12/20/2011

OMG!!!

I already paid for the DVD but I don´t mind the wait.

Mutilated Prey
06-10-2011, 04:11 PM
What the!

JGrendel
06-10-2011, 06:50 PM

Maybe they're trying to be optimistic but you never know. they could be having authoring problems.

Dobby
06-10-2011, 07:05 PM
:( This is my most anticipated blu-ray release, and easily one of Troma's best. I hope we don't have another Surf Nazis on our hands.

It's probably inevitable but well worth the wait IMO.

Mutilated Prey
08-20-2011, 04:34 AM
Mother' Day Blu ordered from Borders with 50% off coupon - $7.99. Indeed!

Goddammit! Since they pushed this release back so far Borders had to cancel my order. I knew that price was going to be too good to be true.

CPT HOOK
08-20-2011, 05:27 AM
^ That sucks. I ended up canceling my Amazon order and placing an order from DeepDiscount for $11.32 back in June when they had their annual sale.

CPT HOOK
09-04-2011, 10:07 PM
Less than a month to go! Think Troma will make the date?

I can't wait to own this on blu-ray! Mother's Day is a favorite of mine. I passed on watching my VHS this year on Mother's Day because the blu-ray was so close. But then it got delayed. :(

September 27th can't come soon enough!

JGrendel
09-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Amazon.ca doesn't even have a release date for this

Nailwraps
09-05-2011, 04:42 AM
Not only that, but the specs and extras haven't been announced.

CPT HOOK
09-18-2011, 10:02 AM
An $11.32 charge from Deep Discount for Mother's Day is now pending on my Credit Card.

So hopefully this is a good sign that it will be shipping in time for the Sept 27th release date!

JGrendel
09-18-2011, 10:06 AM
I'm hoping, Amazon.ca doesn't even have it for pre-order.

Katatonia
09-23-2011, 09:46 AM
Amazon (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.) have changed the item page to the dreaded "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

It's looking unlikely that this is coming out on the 27th.

JGrendel
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
That's what I was thinking

Demoni
09-23-2011, 08:13 PM
Amazon (http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available.) have changed the item page to the dreaded "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available."

It's looking unlikely that this is coming out on the 27th.

One more "flat tire" for Troma...

Fuck, I have this on a payed pre-order since forever...

Stige
09-23-2011, 09:05 PM
DDD sent me an email cancelling my mothers day blu
*sigh*

Nailwraps
09-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Even Troma's website says it's "Coming Soon". At first it said September 27th.

Grim
09-24-2011, 01:38 AM
I canceled my preorder. Tired of waiting and it was cluttering up my orders page with all the shit that was attached to it that had already shipped.

Nailwraps
10-22-2011, 05:48 AM
I think I found the reason for the delay on the Mother's Day Blu-Ray:

http://www.avmaniacs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47859&page=4

See post #47.

CPT HOOK
10-22-2011, 08:54 PM
The wait for this has been killer. This is my most-anticipated blu-ray release, we need more cheesy 80s slashers on blu-ray.

Katatonia
12-25-2011, 10:52 AM
The Tromeo and Juliet Blu-ray is currently just $6.49 at Deep Discount (http://www.deepdiscount.com/product/tromeo-juliet-790357942398/). That's the cheapest I've ever seen it, and just the price I've been waiting for.

I have no idea how long that price is valid for though...

CPT HOOK
03-24-2012, 08:39 AM
Yesterday (3/23) I received a cancellation e-mail from DeepDiscount for my pre-order of Mother's Day on blu-ray. The order was placed back in June of last year.

I was hoping that it'd finally get released this May to coincide with the remake, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Will we ever see this blu-ray? :(

JGrendel
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
I hope so...

walkingdude
03-24-2012, 12:13 PM
Yesterday (3/23) I received a cancellation e-mail from DeepDiscount for my pre-order of Mother's Day on blu-ray. The order was placed back in June of last year.

I was hoping that it'd finally get released this May to coincide with the remake, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

Will we ever see this blu-ray? :(

That sucks.I don't even have the DVD anymore.Been waiting for this one.

Steel76
03-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Have Troma given up on the format?

Chomp
03-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Yea what the hell...they start something and do a pretty surprisingly admirable job at it and the just stop. What gives?...same thing with the Tromasterpiece Collection line of DVDs. What happened to those?

CPT HOOK
03-25-2012, 06:38 PM
They had a screening of the blu-ray transfer in New York last June. So I imagine it should be good to go.

I highly doubt it is coming, which is a shame. It is my most anticipated blu-ray release.

Also, I skipped watching my VHS last May because I thought the blu-ray was coming. Won't be making the same mistake this year.

DVD Connoisseur
03-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Yea what the hell...they start something and do a pretty surprisingly admirable job at it and the just stop. What gives?...same thing with the Tromasterpiece Collection line of DVDs. What happened to those?

Well, the Criterion Dungeon website has the Tromasterpiece Collection in its RIP section (though I've never seen anything official from Troma stating they'd killed off this series - and surely it's easy to revive!). :confused:

I was enjoying collecting the titles in the series. :cry:

Nailwraps
03-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Did anyone even think about asking Lloyd what's the hold-up?

Nailwraps
04-07-2012, 06:45 PM
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=167400&page=3

See post #47.

I still reccommend they sub-license with Anchor Bay.

CPT HOOK
04-07-2012, 07:35 PM
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=167400&page=3

See post #47.

I still reccommend they sub-license with Anchor Bay.

That would be great for Mother's Day. However, at this point it is probably too late. The remake is due out in a month, and there's not enough time to coincide.

After the remake is out there, I doubt Anchor Bay will have any interest in releasing it. They released I Spit On Your Grave alongside the remake. They coincided Battle Royale with The Hunger Games. Not too mention they have quite a few catalog titles of their own that they are sitting on (Re-Animator, Phantasm, etc).

Nailwraps
04-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Too bad, cuz I already e-mailed Troma about sub-licensing with Anchor Bay. :)

Nailwraps
04-25-2012, 05:36 PM
Father's Day has been announced!:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=8596

"Independent distributors Troma Entertainment will release Adam Brooks' horror comedy Father's Day (2011) as combo pack (Blu-ray/DVD) on June 12th. Last year, the film won the Audience Award for Best Feature Film at the Toronto After Dark Film Festival. Street date is June 12th.

The urban legend known as 'The Father's Day Killer' began some years after the demise of serial rapist/murderer Chris Fuchman. Since the 1970s, the use of contraceptives has tripped in North America alone and a generation of fathers fell asleep with the covers pulled tight, buttocks clenched. The story has become a fire-side cautionary ritual on camping trips, often used by fathers to warn their sons of the dangers of unplanned pregnancy. That deep fear of penetration, violation and eventually death waned as the murder and rape of fathers continued to decline all over the world. Unfortunately, those numbers did not remain low, and it would seem that the legend is not yet complete...

Ahab, a man obsessed with exacting a brutal, violent revenge on the man who murdered his dad, joins John, an eager priest and Twink, a hot-headed street hustler on an epic quest to find and defeat this mythical monster known as Chris Fuchman a.k.a The Father's Day Killer."

I also found this in the comments section regarding Mother's Day and Surf Nazis:

"Lloyd assured me at a convention in jersey last month that both blus would be out in time for their respective holidays."

What say you? :/

Nailwraps
04-25-2012, 05:46 PM
There will also be a 3-Disc LE:

http://www.troma.com/news/4771/limited-edition-fathers-day-out-in-time-for-fathers-day/

"A limited edition 3-disc version of FATHER’S DAY will be released on June 12, just in time for Father’s Day. It’s the perfect gift for your dad. Only 10,000 copies will be available, and the release will contain the film on blu-ray, a making-of documentary on DVD and a CD soundtrack"

Should've posted this earlier.

CPT HOOK
04-25-2012, 05:53 PM
I also found this in the comments section regarding Mother's Day and Surf Nazis:

"Lloyd assured me at a convention in jersey last month that both blus would be out in time for their respective holidays."

What say you? :/

Definitely not going to make it in time for Mother's Day, unless they are shooting for Mother's Day of next year.

It's a shame too, because I'm much more interested in that than this Father's Day movie.

spawningblue
05-10-2012, 04:49 AM
There will also be a 3-Disc LE:

http://www.troma.com/news/4771/limited-edition-fathers-day-out-in-time-for-fathers-day/

"A limited edition 3-disc version of FATHER’S DAY will be released on June 12, just in time for Father’s Day. It’s the perfect gift for your dad. Only 10,000 copies will be available, and the release will contain the film on blu-ray, a making-of documentary on DVD and a CD soundtrack"

Should've posted this earlier.

What's the difference between this version and the regular retail version. Is it just the extra CD?

Zombie Dude
05-10-2012, 05:00 AM
I'm tempted to buy Father's Day but I'm not sure if this will be good Troma or bad Troma :confused:

tropical marsh
05-10-2012, 06:28 AM
I'm tempted to buy Father's Day but I'm not sure if this will be good Troma or bad Troma :confused:

I'm not sure, but it definitely looks like fucked up Troma. I'm interested...:D

Zombie Dude
05-10-2012, 06:41 AM
I'm not sure, but it definitely looks like fucked up Troma. I'm interested...:D

Yes but fucked up "good" like Nuke Em High, Toxic Avenger etc? I sure hope so. I've seen a lot of crap from Troma.

MisterTwister
05-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Father's Day was fucking awesome. Hilarious and twisted. I'll definitely be pre-ordering it soon.

Nailwraps
05-30-2012, 05:36 PM
There's good news about the Father's Day Blu release, it will be 4-discs instead of 3!:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Troma/27178063867

"OFFICIAL!!! FATHER'S DAY BLURAY/2xDVD/CD WILL BE 4 DISCS!!!
same price as the 3 discs!!
You get the bluray movie, the SD DVD movie, Special features , BTS, SFX featurettes, slideshows and other extras, and an EP soundtrack CD including "Night of the Hunter'' "We are the Universe" and others!!!"

"the new 4 disc FATHER'S DAY will replace the 3 disc amazon one. Keep your pre-orders. You will receive the 4 disc in the mail!"

JGrendel
05-30-2012, 06:03 PM
That's cool!!!

MisterTwister
05-30-2012, 11:03 PM
It's funny because originally Troma was going to scrap all the bonus stuff from the original 3 disc set (there seems to be a conflict going on between Troma and Astron 6)

Glad all the BS is cleared and the soundtrack is still included.

Katatonia
05-31-2012, 03:35 AM
Sounds great, but I just wish they'd get their ass together and release Mother's Day on Blu-ray already!

http://www.coolfunnygifs.com/Gifs/12.gif

tropical marsh
05-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Fuck, just give me a single disc blu-ray of Father's Day. I don't want all that extra shit.

CPT HOOK
05-31-2012, 09:21 AM
I just wish they'd get their ass together and release Mother's Day on Blu-ray already!

Same here. To be honest, I couldn't care less about this Father's Day movie.

Chomp
06-01-2012, 01:51 AM
I think its pretty rad they’re including the soundtrack. I really wish more DVD/BD releases would include the soundtrack if possible. And the little bit I heard of the soundtrack (from the trailer) sounded pretty awesome.

I seriously can’t wait to see this flick though. It looks absolutely insane. I just hope the movie itself hasn’t gone through the “Grindhouse filter”. All that CG film grain/scratches and what have you is cool for the trailer, but that shit just pisses me off when they put that in the actual movie.

Plus the chick in the movie makes my peepee harder than a ten pound bag of nickel jaw breakers.

arlington
06-01-2012, 05:48 AM
Same here. To be honest, I couldn't care less about this Father's Day movie.

+2

I pre-ordered the Mother's Day blu on Amazon over a year ago now I think. They keep sending me the "no date for thsi yet" e-mails.

Dobby
06-02-2012, 12:37 AM
Blah I want Toxic Avenger & Mother Day on blu ray!

Zombie Dude
06-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Blah I want Toxic Avenger & Mother Day on blu ray!

I still can't believe they haven't released Toxic Avenger on blu yet. To think they were going to release the shit that is Surf Nazis Must Die before this. For shame.

fceurich39
06-02-2012, 04:26 AM
i think there gonna wait for toxic avenger V the toxie twins to be made as for father's day i kinda doubt it will hit the release date for june 12th.. Troma has been terrible getting dvd's on time for street date.

Nailwraps
06-08-2012, 04:45 AM
Great news! The original Mother's Day is finally coming to Blu-ray thanks to Anchor Bay!:

http://www.joblo.com/horror-movies/news/exclusive-anchor-bay-set-to-release-orignal-mothers-day-on-dvd-blu-ray-this-fall

"We're proud to exclusively announce that Anchor Bay Entertainment has decided to release Charles Kaufman's 1980 horror flick MOTHER'S DAY for the first time on DVD and Blu-ray September 4th of this year. You can pre-order either format as early as August 8th.

Per an official presser:

Originally released by Troma Entertainment in 1980, the film shocked critics, but garnered a huge cult following among fans of the genre, including Hostel director Eli Roth, and director of Saw II-IV, Darren Lynn Bousman, who helmed the 2012 remake starring Rebecca De Mornay.

Directed by Charles Kaufman and written by Kaufman and Warren Leight, the original Mother’s Day follows three young women abducted by homicidal momma’s boys Ike and Addley, while camping. Ike and Addley are goaded by their “Mother” into violent and graphic acts of torture against the three women. While doing everything to stay alive, the three women muster the courage escape, and serve their maniacal abductors some old-fashioned justice!

Featuring an all-new HD transfer, and never-before-seen bonus features, including commentary, behind-the-scenes footage, and a newly created featurette with genre favorite Eli Roth (Producer of The Last Exorcism, Grindhouse and Hostel 1 & 2), fans can finally add this long-awaited cult classic to their library, and new fans can experience the terror of Mother and her bloodthirsty boys for the first time.

Wow, word is the original MD is Roth's favorite flick, a topic he addresses on the bonus features. A must own then, right?! Hell yeah it is!

Again, MOTHER'S DAY hits DVD & Blu-ray for the first time September 4th."

Absolutely wonderful; Anchor Bay and Troma joining forces. Why can't they do this more often?

CPT HOOK
06-08-2012, 04:51 AM
^ Thank God! The wait for this has been a killer!

Definitely my most anticipated blu-ray release!

tropical marsh
06-08-2012, 07:18 AM
i think there gonna wait for toxic avenger V the toxie twins to be made as for father's day i kinda doubt it will hit the release date for june 12th.. Troma has been terrible getting dvd's on time for street date.

Yep, Amazon has already moved the release date to June 26th. Here we go again...

JGrendel
06-08-2012, 10:01 AM
YeeHaw it's about bloody time!!!! Awesome news!!!!

Body Boy
06-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Wonderful Anchor Bay!

Now release Graduation Day too and I'll be hip hip hoppity happy!

chrismac87
06-08-2012, 10:54 AM
Ha! So it looks like the April Fool's news wasn't really...well, April Fool's news! lol. Nice! Glad to hear it!

Nailwraps
06-12-2012, 01:36 AM
Disc specs have been found:

http://www.cinesploitation.com/the-original-mothers-day-coming-to-dvd-and-blu-ray/

"BLU-RAY:

•Run Time: 90 minutes
•Unrated
•Format: 1.78:1 / 16×9
•Audio: English Dolby TrueHD 5.1
•Subtitles: English, Spanish
DVD:

•Run Time: 90 minutes
•Unrated
•Format: 1.78:1 / 16×9
•Audio: English Dolby Digital 5.1
•Subtitles: English, Spanish"

Looks like this will be the first DVD/Blu release of a Troma film to feature a 5.1 track (no word if the original mono is included)! Incidentally, IMO, I feel the film should've been presented in 1.66:1 for the new release.

tropical marsh
06-26-2012, 11:39 AM
Father's Day has been pushed back again. The new date on Amazon is 7/31. :bs:

MisterTwister
06-26-2012, 07:39 PM
Father's Day has been pushed back again. The new date on Amazon is 7/31. :bs:

It's been rumored for a week or more now it would be pushed to July/August but Amazon didn't change the fucking date until today. I bitched at them about it through and got free two day shipping as a result.

But I'm still sick of this being pushed.

fceurich39
06-27-2012, 05:55 AM
well the reason for the delay is both troma and astron 6 are fighting each other here's the link http://www.fangoria.com/index.php/blogs/long-live-the-new-flesh/7283-long-live-the-new-flesh-qfathers-dayq-doc-reveals-trouble-in-tromaville

Nailwraps
08-03-2012, 07:50 AM
It seems the Troma/Astron 6 dispute is over because Troma has finally announced the LE Blu-ray for next week!!!:

http://www.troma.com/news/5090/fathers-day-blu-ray-release-at-last/

fceurich39
08-03-2012, 06:11 PM
yep seen a video review of the packaging on facebook a couple days back took long enough

fceurich39
08-07-2012, 09:43 PM
here's a review looks like troma didnt include the final cut of father's day i still may get it if my indie store gets it in!
http://www.filmmonthly.com/film/fathers-day-4-disc-limited-edition

MisterTwister
08-07-2012, 11:37 PM
The cut on Troma's edition is the cut that was leaked back in January I believe.

I loved that cut so I don't give a shit. Sticking with my order on Amazon. Troma wants WAAAAYYYY too much for it on their site.

Midnight Buddha
08-07-2012, 11:55 PM
Just ordered this along with The Boogens blu-ray.

Chomp
08-08-2012, 04:11 AM
Damn...I just read about all the drama. That's kind of shitty of Lloyd....selling bootlegs?...after the Poultreygeist PSA? I see a lot of bickering from the two camps. What the hell started it all? From what I gather, it seems Troma is the antagonist here?

I'll probably keep my pre-order, but I always prefer to have the film the way the film makers intended. This doesn't seem like a good situation.

MisterTwister
08-08-2012, 05:52 AM
Damn...I just read about all the drama. That's kind of shitty of Lloyd....selling bootlegs?...after the Poultreygeist PSA? I see a lot of bickering from the two camps. What the hell started it all? From what I gather, it seems Troma is the antagonist here?

I'll probably keep my pre-order, but I always prefer to have the film the way the film makers intended. This doesn't seem like a good situation.

See that's the problem. We're only hearing what Astron-6 is telling us. I'm not saying that Troma is innocent in this but I want to hear what both sides have to say before attacking anyone. Michael Herz is trying to resolve the situation but Astron 6 wants nothing to do with it.

Astron 6's final cut doesn't sound too different from what Troma is putting out. Some changes in the sound FX, some untweaked fx shots and music and that's it (according to their facebook). If Troma's version is the same one they were selling (btw how is it selling "bootlegs" when they are selling their own film? They did the same thing with Citizen Toxie back in 2000) than it's just fine. The movie rocks in that cut.

Chomp
08-08-2012, 09:30 PM
(btw how is it selling "bootlegs" when they are selling their own film? They did the same thing with Citizen Toxie back in 2000)

I suppose that is technically true. Still kind of a dick move on Troma’s part. Lloyd always preaches how the evil corporate movies companies always fuck over the film makers, yet he goes and sells copies of Father’s Day without the film makers acknowledgment?...and it’s not even the version of the film that the Astron-6 approved of to boot!...not cool at all.

I read it all started at the Toronto trailer premiere. Astron-6 cut a brand new, lengthier trailer on their own dime specifically for this event. They flew to the screening (also on their own dime) only for Lloyd to show the same short trailer that everyone has seen. I guess Lloyd never once apologized or even admitted he did anything wrong. Astron-6 were not happy.

I also read that Astron-6 didn’t even see any production money until after the film was finished…even when they received it, it wasn’t the amount Troma promised.

Most of what I read is from the Atron-6 camp, but that’s only because I haven’t found anything posted by Troma’s people explaining their side of the situation. Most of what’s posted on Troma’s behalf is usually petty jabs at Astron-6.

All I know is, I better get the BD soon…I want to see this fucking movie already.

MisterTwister
08-08-2012, 10:04 PM
I suppose that is technically true. Still kind of a dick move on Troma’s part. Lloyd always preaches how the evil corporate movies companies always fuck over the film makers, yet he goes and sells copies of Father’s Day without the film makers acknowledgment?...and it’s not even the version of the film that the Astron-6 approved of to boot!...not cool at all.

I read it all started at the Toronto trailer premiere. Astron-6 cut a brand new, lengthier trailer on their own dime specifically for this event. They flew to the screening (also on their own dime) only for Lloyd to show the same short trailer that everyone has seen. I guess Lloyd never once apologized or even admitted he did anything wrong. Astron-6 were not happy.

I also read that Astron-6 didn’t even see any production money until after the film was finished…even when they received it, it wasn’t the amount Troma promised.

Most of what I read is from the Atron-6 camp, but that’s only because I haven’t found anything posted by Troma’s people explaining their side of the situation. Most of what’s posted on Troma’s behalf is usually petty jabs at Astron-6.

All I know is, I better get the BD soon…I want to see this fucking movie already.

I agree Lloyd did wrong not letting them know what he was doing.

Oh well. What's done is done. I love the film and can't wait till Amazon ships the set.

MisterTwister
08-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Got the set today.

I don't have a Blu-ray player yet so I couldn't take a peek at that disc.

The first DVD disc is the movie, trailer and 2 deleted scenes. PQ is excellent but there's something odd. The movie is non-anamorphic. Well maybe not too odd since Blood Junkie and Toxic Avenger 21st Anniversary edition was as well. Didn't bother me in the slightest but I know others would like to know about it.

The 2nd DVD disc is special features. Not much to it TBH. Some short films, short featurette, premiere stuff etc. Too bad about the feud had to happen because I have a feeling this set would have been Troma's best.

The soundtrack is great. I've listened to The Hunter and We are the Universe quite a few times now.

The Tall Man
11-04-2012, 11:15 AM
http://www.refused-classification.com/censorship/films/f.html#fathers-day

Not surprising, Fathers Day banned here in Australia. Better send my 4 disc copy back then lol .... seriously why on earth in this day and age do they bother to ban shit here ? We can get it on torrent before release and then buy it from amazon anyway after release.

Nailwraps
12-05-2013, 06:37 PM
2 Troma film are coming to Blu...in the UK. 88 Films announced on Facebook that they will release Bloodsucking Freaks and The Last Horror Film!

bruce h
12-05-2013, 07:08 PM
While it's theoretically good news, I'm not getting too excited until a) it's confirmed that THE LAST HORROR FILM will be uncut, and b) BLOODSUCKING FREAKS passes through the BBFC uncensored.

Zombie Dude
12-06-2013, 12:42 AM
The Last Horror Film is decent, I don't care for Bloodsucking Freaks, that movie sucks.

Mikey Horror
12-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Still waiting to find out what the fuck happened with Return to Nuke 'em High.

CPT HOOK
12-06-2013, 01:09 AM
Isn't Vinegar Syndrome working on some Troma titles? I think they announced Beyond Evil and Deadly Daphne's Revenge.

Zombie Dude
12-06-2013, 01:14 AM
Still waiting to find out what the fuck happened with Return to Nuke 'em High.

They pushed the date to next year. I assuming so they could show the film at more festivals first and then release it closer to Part 2's release.

Nailwraps
12-06-2013, 02:44 AM
Isn't Vinegar Syndrome working on some Troma titles? I think they announced Beyond Evil and Deadly Daphne's Revenge.

Not that I've heard. But I think since they're working with Anchor Bay, maybe through them then.

zbinks
12-06-2013, 04:21 AM

Yes.

What Troma titles do you plan on releasing?LUST FOR FREEDOM, SUGAR COOKIES, DEADLY DAPHNE'S REVENGE, BEYOND EVIL and others.

https://www.facebook.com/vinsyn/posts/711641675530697?comment_id=7536096&offset=0&total_comments=1

bruce h
02-15-2014, 05:26 PM
While it's theoretically good news, I'm not getting too excited until a) it's confirmed that THE LAST HORROR FILM will be uncut, and b) BLOODSUCKING FREAKS passes through the BBFC uncensored.

According to 88 Films' FB page, BLOODSUCKING FREAKS passed uncut! Color me amazed. No word yet on how complete LAST HORROR FILM will be.

Preorders are up at Amazon UK -- pretty pricey for now, but I imagine they'll drop.

BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (4/21/14)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodsucking-Freaks-Blu-ray-Seamus-OBrien/dp/B00ID6PSGY/ref=sr_1_10?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392481370&sr=1-10&keywords=88+films

THE LAST HORROR FILM (6/16/14)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Horror-Film-Format-Blu-ray/dp/B00IDBJVZS/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392481337&sr=1-2&keywords=88+films

Zombie Dude
02-15-2014, 09:54 PM
According to 88 Films' FB page, BLOODSUCKING FREAKS passed uncut! Color me amazed. No word yet on how complete LAST HORROR FILM will be.

Preorders are up at Amazon UK -- pretty pricey for now, but I imagine they'll drop.

BLOODSUCKING FREAKS (4/21/14)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bloodsucking-Freaks-Blu-ray-Seamus-OBrien/dp/B00ID6PSGY/ref=sr_1_10?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392481370&sr=1-10&keywords=88+films

THE LAST HORROR FILM (6/16/14)
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Last-Horror-Film-Format-Blu-ray/dp/B00IDBJVZS/ref=sr_1_2?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1392481337&sr=1-2&keywords=88+films
I swear I read on Facebook that the Last Horror Film got passed uncut. I'm not 100% sure though.

shithead
03-14-2014, 01:31 AM
PQ wise, is the Poultrygeist Blu worth upgrading over the DVD?

It's currently the only Troma Blu I don't own.

Nailwraps
04-14-2014, 07:51 PM
PQ wise, is the Poultrygeist Blu worth upgrading over the DVD?

It's currently the only Troma Blu I don't own.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Poultrygeist-Night-of-the-Chicken-Dead-Blu-ray/8317/#Review

Also, here's a comparison between the DVD and new UK Blu-ray of Bloodsucking Freaks:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_61/bloodsucking_freaks_blu-ray.htm

Zombie Dude
04-15-2014, 03:31 AM
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Poultrygeist-Night-of-the-Chicken-Dead-Blu-ray/8317/#Review

Also, here's a comparison between the DVD and new UK Blu-ray of Bloodsucking Freaks:
http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film4/blu-ray_reviews_61/bloodsucking_freaks_blu-ray.htm

Not a fan of the film but the screens look good. Was this meant to be cropped for widescreen though because there's a fair amount of picture missing in those screens?

DVD-fanatic-9
04-15-2014, 04:23 AM
I've had my copy of Beyond Evil for about 8 years. Still haven't watched it.

Nailwraps
04-15-2014, 06:15 AM
Bloodsucking Freaks:

http://www.amazon.com/Bloodsucking-Freaks-Seamus-OBrien/dp/B00JOSOJ56/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1397535225&sr=1-3&keywords=troma

Might be the Blu-ray. but it's labeled as DVD.

Jack Grendel
04-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Hopefully Lloyd will have some when he comes to my neck of the woods in August

hots4
04-15-2014, 03:20 PM
last horror film has been passed uncut, they have updated the sleeve on the amazon pre-order page

Katatonia
06-12-2014, 10:10 AM
New UK Blu-ray pre-orders are up from 88 Films:

Graduation Day Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Graduation-Day-Blu-ray/105953/)

The Toxic Avenger Part II Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Toxic-Avenger-Part-II-Blu-ray/105950/)

The Toxic Avenger Part III Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Toxic-Avenger-Part-III-Blu-ray/105949/)

The Toxic Avenger IV: Citizen Toxie Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-Toxic-Avenger-IV-Citizen-Toxie-Blu-ray/105948/)

They are also releasing:

Mother's Day Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Mothers-Day-Blu-ray/105952/)

Tromeo and Juliet Blu-ray (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Tromeo-and-Juliet-Blu-ray/105951/)

Zombie Dude
06-12-2014, 10:16 AM
Soooo should we be holding out for a Toxie box set then...?

Never seen Graduation Day, might need to check that out.

Katatonia
06-12-2014, 10:35 AM
Soooo should we be holding out for a Toxie box set then...?

No clue. 88 Films did post this on Facebook the other day though:

Just received the master for The Toxic Avenger back from Pinewood Studios Post Production where we've had some additional cleanup work carried out. It looks great! We'll upload a comparison video soon.

Zombie Dude
06-12-2014, 10:41 AM
No clue. 88 Films did post this on Facebook the other day though:

I'm hoping 88 Films or Troma do a set. I don't mind the Toxie films and would rather get them all packaged together.