PDA

View Full Version : The Lost & Girl Next Door Blus 2/2/10

Cujo108
12-05-2009, 11:14 PM
Anchor Bay will be releasing these two Jack Ketchum adaptations to Blu-ray come February 2nd. As a fan of both, I'll be grabbing them.

fceurich39
12-06-2009, 01:29 AM
i've noticed anchor bay is releasing more of their newer catalog titles like these plus a few others coming out on dec 8th
jack brooks monster slayer
behind the mask rise of leslie vernon
sands of oblivion
while she was out
red mist
cyclops
walled in
alphabet killer
lost treasures of grand canyon
then in feb
fallen ones
spiral
hellboy double feature
man from earth
the lost and girl next door as cujo108 stated

i've heard that anchor bay is also working on a few of their older catalog titles for blu-ray such as
evil dead anchor bay just reissued a single disc dvd with ultimate edition artwork on dec 1st
re animator
hellbound hellraiser II
phantasm

then they rumored to be doing a new dvd release of house/house II double feature
phantasm silver sphere region 1 set
dawn of the dead ultimate edition blu-ray set
hills have eyes blu
hatchet blu-ray which is probably guaranteed when hatchet 2 comes out
Malevolence 2 bereavment
Night of the Demons dvd reissue probably with new artwork but hopefully it'll have the mgmhd transfer

CPT HOOK
12-06-2009, 06:00 AM
Hang on to your DVDs though. Anchor Bay is dropping the bonus features on the blu-rays for their December catalog releases. The blu-rays will contain the movie only!

This includes:
The Alphabet Killer
Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon
Cyclops
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
The Lost Treasure Of The Grand Canyon
Lower Learning
Red Mist
Sands Of Oblivion
Walled In
While She Was Out

I would imagine that their next wave of catalog blu-rays this February will be the same way.

Hellbilly
12-06-2009, 10:12 AM
I wish AB would release Abominable (2006) on blu-ray.

spawningblue
12-07-2009, 09:31 PM
Hang on to your DVDs though. Anchor Bay is dropping the bonus features on the blu-rays for their December catalog releases. The blu-rays will contain the movie only!

This includes:
The Alphabet Killer
Behind The Mask: The Rise Of Leslie Vernon
Cyclops
Jack Brooks: Monster Slayer
The Lost Treasure Of The Grand Canyon
Lower Learning
Red Mist
Sands Of Oblivion
Walled In
While She Was Out

I would imagine that their next wave of catalog blu-rays this February will be the same way.

Really!? Why are some campanies lazy like this. No Sale from me now.

fceurich39
12-07-2009, 09:44 PM
i am kinda surprised that jack brooks and behind the mask being 2 of the more popular anchor bay titles is bare bones as the dvds for them has alot of special features the other movies i kinda figured since the dvds hardly had anything in terms of special features

this is just laziness i hope the next batch of older anchor bay catalogue titles won't be bare bones though

bigdaddyhorse
12-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Man, I would love to own Vernon on Blu, but not at the cost of all the extras. Yeah I could keep my dvd, or even make a dub of just the features then sell it like any other upgrade to BD, but it's the pricipalities!

Very disappointing, esp. when the early AB BD's had all (in some cases just most) of the shit from the dvds.

spawningblue
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
Anchor Bay has been pretty shoddy with their Blu Ray releases. Halloween had the color issue, and was missing some of its extras, Dawn wasn't the Ultimate Set, Evil Dead 2 was missing extras I believe, and the closest they got to perfection was Day of the Dead and even that was missing its still gallery. Now these releases which are barebones. It's just insulting!

Just remembered the Hellraiser Blu was pretty much perfect, but still a rare exception.

fceurich39
12-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Anchor Bay has been pretty shoddy with their Blu Ray releases. Halloween had the color issue, and was missing some of its extras, Dawn wasn't the Ultimate Set, Evil Dead 2 was missing extras I believe, and the closest they got to perfection was Day of the Dead and even that was missing its still gallery. Now these releases which are barebones. It's just insulting!

Just remembered the Hellraiser Blu was pretty much perfect, but still a rare exception.

children of the corn blu-ray was even more perfect it has 3 additional blu-ray exclusive featurettes

also Dawn was pretty good with extras but not versions i still hope the ultimate edition will be coming

spawningblue
12-08-2009, 08:45 PM
children of the corn blu-ray was even more perfect it has 3 additional blu-ray exclusive featurettes

also Dawn was pretty good with extras but not versions i still hope the ultimate edition will be coming

Yeah I forgot about Children, that was a perfect release. Too bad the movie is only so so. Dawn was a decent release, but in my opinion if you have to keep the DVD version to have the complete package then there is room for improvement. With Dawn you know a double dip will be in its future as it is pretty lacking compared to the Ultimate DVD set.