PDA

View Full Version : Sleepaway Camp Banned in England?

Agent Z
12-10-2001, 07:59 PM
I heard that Sleepaway Camp was banned in England? Is this for real? I have been trying to get a copy for a friend who lives over there, but I can't find any PAL versions of Sleepaway Camp. From Blackstar Video to Amazon U.K. .......NOTHING! I can't imagine why they would ban such a fine family film..........:(

Mattster
12-11-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by MISSIONCODEZ
I heard that Sleepaway Camp was banned in England? Is this for real? I have been trying to get a copy for a friend who lives over there, but I can't find any PAL versions of Sleepaway Camp. From Blackstar Video to Amazon U.K. .......NOTHING! I can't imagine why they would ban such a fine family film..........:(

No it isn't banned. The title in the UK is Nightmare Vacation.

Agent Z
12-13-2001, 06:48 AM
Well..yeah...I realize that....but according to Blackstar....Nightmare Vacation/Sleepaway Camp (the entire trilogy, by the way)...has "been deleted in the U.K.". And while the U.S. Amazon has a good seller with the latest Anchor Bay rerelease of Sleepaway Camp, there is no chance finding NV/SC on the U.K. Amazon. I have only seen one PAL copy up for bid on Ebay about three months ago.......and it was originally released in the 80's....and ended up going for $35.....so maybe the PAL versions are rare.......

Falchi
12-20-2001, 11:33 AM
cause the PAL version is uncut and the ABE release of part 1 cut to shit