PDA

View Full Version : Saw 6 BD to include original Saw

rxfiend
12-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Lionsgate Home Entertainment is set to release 'Saw VI' on an unrated director's cut Blu-ray on January 26, 2010. The Blu-ray release will also include the original 'Saw' film, as a way to introduce new viewers to the series and foster sales of the other instalments. At this moment it isn't known whether the early 'Saw' edition (released in June 2006, with MPEG-2 video and lossy audio on a BD25) will be reused or if a new audio/video encode will be struck for this bundle.

Special features include:

* Audio commentaries:
o Producer Mark Burg and executive producers Peter Block and Jason Constantine
o Director Kevin Greutert and screenwriters Patrick Melton and Marcus Dunstan
* Featurettes:
o Jigsaw Revealed
o The Traps of Saw VI
o A Killer Maze: Making Saw Game Over
* Music videos:
o Mushroomhead
o Memphis May Fire
o Hatebreed
o Suicide Silence
* Original theatrical trailer
* Lionsgate Live
* Touch and Metamenu Remote enabled

As for video/audio specifications, they will be 1.78:1 1080p and 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3859

Hatchetwarrior
12-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Pretty badass the original is getting packaged with 6. I'm sure a lot of it has to due with the poor boxoffice returns on the last film.

fceurich39
12-09-2009, 07:50 PM
i find it funny including the original film to bring new people to the franchise wouldn't people buying Saw VI already have the entire series???

Kolpitz
12-09-2009, 08:27 PM
This will be pretty sweet, if they re-do the A/V quality and make it the director's cut. The first Saw is my least favorite but I'll take it for free.

bigdaddyhorse
12-09-2009, 09:34 PM
This will be pretty sweet, if they re-do the A/V quality and make it the director's cut. The first Saw is my least favorite but I'll take it for free.

Was just thinking this, but I would guess it's the same R-cut bd that you can get anywhere alone now. They also dropped the ball on part 3 BD, so I'm waiting for an eventual boxset of all the good cuts. Plus these movies don't benifit as much from the BD treatment as others. The dvds are fine for me, even as I get more spoiled by other bd's.
That said, I'll probably still pick up 6 on BD just cuz I've started the jump, so the only dvds I'm after now are ones where the BD doesn't exist or is missing stuff (features to some extent, mostly cut versions with unrated or extended dvds). It's terrible as I finally saw Hollowman director's cut at Big Lots for $3 (before going blu, I was going to buy this as soon as I saw it at or below $7-8), but now I want to wait and find the BD for cheap.

SaxCatz
01-10-2010, 10:19 PM
At this moment it isn't known whether the early 'Saw' edition (released in June 2006, with MPEG-2 video and lossy audio on a BD25) will be reused or if a new audio/video encode will be struck for this bundle.

This is undeniably a great freebie.
However, if there was a new encode of the original 'Saw', we surely would have heard about it by now. Since we haven't, I have to assume that it is the same terrible Blu that's been circulating for awhile.
I own the first 5 Saw films on Blu, and I can honestly tell you that they all look excellent EXCEPT for the first which happens to be so bad that I nominated it among the worst examples of Blu-Ray released so far.

spawningblue
01-11-2010, 05:08 PM
This is undeniably a great freebie.
However, if there was a new encode of the original 'Saw', we surely would have heard about it by now. Since we haven't, I have to assume that it is the same terrible Blu that's been circulating for awhile.
I own the first 5 Saw films on Blu, and I can honestly tell you that they all look excellent EXCEPT for the first which happens to be so bad that I nominated it among the worst examples of Blu-Ray released so far.

They should re-release the first three movies as a trilogy on Blu and includes all the extras this time as well as include the Director's Cut for part 3.

baggio
01-11-2010, 09:10 PM
The Blu-ray release will also include the original 'Saw' film, as a way to introduce new viewers to the series and foster sales of the other instalments.

That makes zero logic. as hinted already by fceurich39.

othervoice1
01-12-2010, 12:42 AM
The Blu-ray release will also include the original 'Saw' film, as a way to introduce new viewers to the series and foster sales of the other instalments
Course as awful as the first movie was I dont see how that will entice anyone to watch the rest of the series.....