PDA

View Full Version : Cabin Fever: Unrated Director's Cut 02/16/10

Hellbilly
12-09-2009, 10:16 AM
http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_item.asp?item_id=1507588

Will be mine :)

geddylee
12-09-2009, 04:29 PM
It's about time the blu ray edition is coming out.

Workshed
12-09-2009, 05:15 PM
damn, is the Unrated Cut a Blu-Ray Only release?

fceurich39
12-09-2009, 05:16 PM
been confirmed for a little while now and yes it appears the blu-ray is the only release for the UR DC
but here is a trailer for cabin fever 2 which mentions the director's cut of cabin fever at the end
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLCEvQQaUnQ

bigdaddyhorse
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
I am so all over this on release day (or before if I can find it).
Someone will have a dvd exclusive of the DC I'm sure. Target has an exclusive dvd of the BD-only DC of Terminator: Salvation I just saw. So the question isn't will there be a dvd as well, just who will have the dvd?

fceurich39
12-09-2009, 07:13 PM
I am so all over this on release day (or before if I can find it).
Someone will have a dvd exclusive of the DC I'm sure. Target has an exclusive dvd of the BD-only DC of Terminator: Salvation I just saw. So the question isn't will there be a dvd as well, just who will have the dvd?

would be a great move for dvd owners but i doubt it heck probably most stores wont even have cabin fever blu-ray but will have cabin fever 2 dvd

i could see an exlclusive bundle with cabin fever 2 dvd pack with the first cabin fever unrated director's cut dvd

fceurich39
02-07-2010, 03:16 AM
here is the back cover art for the blu-ray run time says it is 6 minutes longer than the dvd http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/031398101444

also the bacl artwork for part 2 is there also http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/031398114635

othervoice1
02-07-2010, 03:41 AM
I might have to pick this up- always enjoyed this horror flick

dickieduvet
02-07-2010, 03:43 AM
Region free too :)

Kolpitz
02-07-2010, 05:17 AM
For some reason, Amazon still doesn't have this up for pre-sale. They also aren't selling the Blu-ray of the sequel. Odd ...

Katatonia
02-07-2010, 08:16 AM
For some reason, Amazon still doesn't have this up for pre-sale. They also aren't selling the Blu-ray of the sequel. Odd ...

I've noticed that too. I've kept looking for it to appear on there to pre-order...and nothing. Strange.

indiephantom
02-07-2010, 09:25 AM
pretty sure that the sequel is only going to be SD.

Katatonia
02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
pretty sure that the sequel is only going to be SD.

?? Yes, but the original film is indeed getting a Blu-ray release.

highclassrob
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
I've noticed that too. I've kept looking for it to appear on there to pre-order...and nothing. Strange.

Could it be an exclusive somewhere? Like Boogie Nights was?

fceurich39
02-07-2010, 06:03 PM
i don't think it is an exclusive because my local indie store is getting 3 copies and walmart stores is supposed to be getting this as well it is on there list along with part 2 dvd

MisterTwister
02-07-2010, 07:45 PM
I would love to see the DC but as usual it's only going to Blu. Fuck that noise I'll stick to the regular cut on DVD.

Cujo108
02-08-2010, 12:34 AM
A review of Cabin Fever 2:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/40921/cabin-fever-2/

Kolpitz
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
A review of Cabin Fever 2:

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/40921/cabin-fever-2/

I just posted this in another thread. I must've been typing it up as you were posting.

Cujo108
02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
^ Yeah, it looks that way. Oh well, I suppose two mentions in two threads is better than one. From the review, this will be a rental rather than a buy.

Katatonia
02-08-2010, 02:13 AM
Could it be an exclusive somewhere? Like Boogie Nights was?

Doubtful, since it's available to pre-order virtually everywhere else online. Amazon has added a listing for it here (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027VT9ES/) just in the last day or two, but you can't pre-order it for whatever reason.

killit
02-08-2010, 02:27 AM
i saw the dc theatrically at a festival, it's not missin much

fceurich39
02-08-2010, 09:48 PM
here's a very positive review for the blu-ray!

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/42142/cabin-fever-unrated-directors-cut/

indiephantom
02-09-2010, 02:08 PM
Really bummed that the commentaries are absent from the DVD SE. There is a new one recorded for the BD, but with all the storage capacity...why not include both versions and all the previous content. :bs: Another case where I didn't keep my original DVD in anticipation of this (and certainly the last time I'll make that mistake). But seriously, what a waste of space all around if I need to have both editions of some many films, how is that practical for shelf storage?

Kind of pissed about it, but at least the unrated version is finally going to be available. Not sure if I'll pick it up right away though, now.

MisterTwister
02-09-2010, 07:17 PM
Well it makes sense that those commentary tracks aren't lifted over. They're synched up to the theatrical cut, not the DC.

Makes me happy to know that the DVD has something the Blu-ray doesn't.

Katatonia
02-10-2010, 12:58 AM
Eh... I'll probably just keep the old DVD anyways, since it had that cool 3-D lenticular cover.

But yeah, as Twister said, the Blu-ray doesn't have the theatrical cut anyway.

dickieduvet
02-10-2010, 01:28 AM
The Theatrical cut is available from Australia as a double feature with Wrong Turn, It's 1080i but still looks great.

indiephantom
02-10-2010, 05:02 AM
But yeah, as Twister said, the Blu-ray doesn't have the theatrical cut anyway.

Yeah, I'm just surprised both cuts weren't included. Oh, well. Not like I'll ever watch the theatrical again...and don't really need 6 commentaries for this particular film I guess.

Grim
02-10-2010, 05:37 AM
Yeah, I'm just surprised both cuts weren't included. Oh, well. Not like I'll ever watch the theatrical again...and don't really need 6 commentaries for this particular film I guess.

I watched it with the Roth solo commentary when I first got the DVD and he talked through the entire thing. It was informative as hell and I couldn't really imagine him adding that much else in the other ones or the actors saying much of consequence (Unless it's Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russell teamed with JC), so I tuned out after that.

fattyjoe37
02-10-2010, 07:01 AM
I watched it with the Roth solo commentary when I first got the DVD and he talked through the entire thing. It was informative as hell and I couldn't really imagine him adding that much else in the other ones or the actors saying much of consequence (Unless it's Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russell teamed with JC), so I tuned out after that.

The solo Roth commentary was the best and is one of my favorites. The others are worth playing in the background while you do something else at least once though.

droidguy1119
02-10-2010, 08:53 PM
I watched it with the Roth solo commentary when I first got the DVD and he talked through the entire thing. It was informative as hell and I couldn't really imagine him adding that much else in the other ones or the actors saying much of consequence (Unless it's Bruce Campbell or Kurt Russell teamed with JC), so I tuned out after that.The others are very funny. It's also great to see how enthusiastic Rider Strong is about the movie. I mean, he talked enough to get his own track!

Thanks for linking to both my Cabin Fever and Cabin Fever 2 reviews (both of the DVDTalk reviews are mine).

Rocker10
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Finally Amazon has it listed. Just put an order in.

http://www.amazon.com/Cabin-Fever-Unrated-Directors-Cut/dp/B0027VT9ES/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1265994915&sr=8-1

Rocker10

indiephantom
02-12-2010, 07:18 PM
brought down and bought the DVD SE again (only $4 so what the hell). The Lionsgate BD is cheap, so I'll make my own deluxe SE with both.

MisterTwister
02-12-2010, 11:39 PM
All the commentary tracks on the DVD were excellent IMO.

The theatrical cut is fine the way it is but I'm interested in seeing these extra violent payoffs (which I assume contains Burt's extended death).

I wish Lionsgate would release the DC on DVD so I can see the extra stuff and listen to the new track.

fceurich39
02-13-2010, 12:01 AM
All the commentary tracks on the DVD were excellent IMO.

The theatrical cut is fine the way it is but I'm interested in seeing these extra violent payoffs (which I assume contains Burt's extended death).

I wish Lionsgate would release the DC on DVD so I can see the extra stuff and listen to the new track.

i am kinda surprised lionsgate didn't release a dvd as well and like cabin fever 2 is only getting a dvd and no blu for now very odd

droidguy1119
02-16-2010, 01:31 PM
If the picture quality of the CF2 DVD is any indication, a Blu-Ray would've looked pretty awful. It looks kinda like it was transferred from analog tape.

fceurich39
02-16-2010, 06:18 PM
walmart has the blu-ray for only 10.00

Kolpitz
02-16-2010, 08:05 PM

Sold!

Kolpitz
02-16-2010, 08:14 PM
I was just reading a post on MySpace from Eli Roth that says audio is missing from parts of the new Rotten Fruit episodes. He says this will be fixed via BD Live, which sucks for those of us with pre-2.0 players. I mean, I have a PS3 but I watch all of my Blu-rays on my stand alone Panasonic player.

bigdaddyhorse
02-16-2010, 08:52 PM

You know this sent me running out the door down the street to Wal-Mart right? Thank you, saved me at least $8 from Best Buy.

I was just reading a post on MySpace from Eli Roth that says audio is missing from parts of the new Rotten Fruit episodes. He says this will be fixed via BD Live, which sucks for those of us with pre-2.0 players. I mean, I have a PS3 but I watch all of my Blu-rays on my stand alone Panasonic player.

That blows, esp. since I have an old player without any BD-Live or hope of it (no usb jacks). At least it's features I might watch once and not the film I'll watch repeatedly though.

As for part 2, they want fucking $20 at BB for it and no where else has it. I had to break down and rent it from the other BB I swore not to return to. I want to see it, the cover sold me on crazy promise (I will not read a review in fear of ruining the movie and/or hope for the movie). I love sequels that pick up right after the first ends, and this looks like it does.

My girlfriend said something funny though, she was like "what if this is like Open Water 2, but they threw in 5 minutes of footage of the guy from the first onto the beginning of a whole different movie that was never meant to be Cabin Fever 2?" I hope she's off, but it sounds very possible. Still looking forward to watching the DC of the first and this rental dvd of 2 tonight.

fceurich39
02-16-2010, 09:12 PM
You know this sent me running out the door down the street to Wal-Mart right? Thank you, saved me at least $8 from Best Buy.

That blows, esp. since I have an old player without any BD-Live or hope of it (no usb jacks). At least it's features I might watch once and not the film I'll watch repeatedly though.

As for part 2, they want fucking $20 at BB for it and no where else has it. I had to break down and rent it from the other BB I swore not to return to. I want to see it, the cover sold me on crazy promise (I will not read a review in fear of ruining the movie and/or hope for the movie). I love sequels that pick up right after the first ends, and this looks like it does.

My girlfriend said something funny though, she was like "what if this is like Open Water 2, but they threw in 5 minutes of footage of the guy from the first onto the beginning of a whole different movie that was never meant to be Cabin Fever 2?" I hope she's off, but it sounds very possible. Still looking forward to watching the DC of the first and this rental dvd of 2 tonight.

yeah i got cabin fever 2 dvd at walmart they have it their for 15.00

droidguy1119
02-16-2010, 10:46 PM

My girlfriend said something funny though, she was like "what if this is like Open Water 2, but they threw in 5 minutes of footage of the guy from the first onto the beginning of a whole different movie that was never meant to be Cabin Fever 2?" I hope she's off, but it sounds very possible. Still looking forward to watching the DC of the first and this rental dvd of 2 tonight.At the very least I can promise you that Rider Strong's participation in Cabin Fever 2 was definitely shot for Cabin Fever 2. He even mentions on the Blu-Ray Cabin Fever commentary how Lionsgate still had his actual wardrobe from the original.

indiephantom
02-17-2010, 12:50 AM
He says this will be fixed via BD Live.

This is what I love about this technology. No need to wait for a corrected version or swap discs in the mail. I picked up mine today and the transfer is amazing, btw. :glasses:

dickieduvet
02-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Watched it tonight, Noticed a few new bits, Nothing major. Yeah, The transfer is awesome.

Grim
02-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Just checked my local Wal-Mart. The guy said they didn't have any and that I was the second one to ask. I called another Wal-Mart but I just got some strange dial tone. I'll just stop by the local one tomorrow on my way home from my internship.

bigdaddyhorse
02-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Man am I glad I didn't buy part 2.
The first looks great in HD.

Grim
02-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Man am I glad I didn't buy part 2.

Me too. The first 3/4 of it was pretty cool, but once you get to the end where the studio tampering is evident, it takes such a fucking nose dive that I can't justify buying it. I'll wait until Ti West's original cut is released to buy it.

droidguy1119
02-18-2010, 05:52 AM
Me too. The first 3/4 of it was pretty cool, but once you get to the end where the studio tampering is evident, it takes such a fucking nose dive that I can't justify buying it. I'll wait until Ti West's original cut is released to buy it.As well as fixing the vertical stretch, I would hope. Hard to watch that DVD.

Dobby
02-19-2010, 10:09 AM
Me too. The first 3/4 of it was pretty cool, but once you get to the end where the studio tampering is evident, it takes such a fucking nose dive that I can't justify buying it. I'll wait until Ti West's original cut is released to buy it.

OMG that sucks so bad to hear that! Thank you for the heads up, avoid!

marcx
02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
Watched CF2 this last night and had a lot of with it. Some good gore, giggles, and a couple of jolts. It's nopwhere near the quality of the original but it is fun..

The tacked on end part seemed a lot shorter than everyone is making out...does anyone know of a good article on Ti West's experience on this?

By the way I had wartjced the CF blu the night before--nice to finally have the director's cut and the blu-ray presentation, ehile not top of the line, was still quite nice....

droidguy1119
02-19-2010, 06:16 PM
The tacked on end part seemed a lot shorter than everyone is making out...does anyone know of a good article on Ti West's experience on this?http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=12341

Grim
02-20-2010, 12:22 AM
OMG that sucks so bad to hear that! Thank you for the heads up, avoid!

I think the film still warrants a rent for the awesomeness of the first 3/4. It's really a lot of gory and gross fun, but I'm definitely going to hold off until a proper Director's Cut is released with the horrid ending removed and whatever else was cut from West's version put back in. If that never happens, then I guess I probably won't ever own it.

Queen B
02-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Maybe it was my extremely low expectations, but I enjoyed Spring Fever. Sure the animation is of the shitty Flash variety and the tacked on ending is more vomit-enducing than any gore sequence in the 70 minutes that preceeded it, but the film's got a frat boyish, unadulterated charm that wrings true with the spirit of Roth's original (and I didn't even like that film to begin with).

Horrorphilly
02-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Maryann(my fiance) and I liked CF2 alot.It was fun,gory and the characters are likable.The movie seemed short but it was fun and it kept my attenion for the fulltime.I will buy Ti Wests version if its released.

sean

Grim
02-20-2010, 09:54 AM
The animation (at least the animation at the beginning, which really rung of classic late night MTV) didn't bother me. It was that shitty last ten minutes that was just so horrible. And you can totally see a shift in the quality of animation between the beginning and the end.

Cujo108
02-20-2010, 11:22 AM
I enjoyed the sequel for the most part, though it really felt nothing at all like the original. Even the Deputy Winston scenes felt a bit different in tone, aside from the sequence where he's talking to the water company's night watchman. There were some moments that cracked me up, the aforementioned scene and it's climax being two such examples. It was also interesting seeing two guys who played memorable psychos in two other genre titles (Deadgirl and The Lost, respectively) as rivals in this. Segan in particular seems to be playing the exact part his Deadgirl co-star played in that film. Anyway, there didn't seem to be much continuity between the effects of the virus in the original and what we see in this one. There is some pretty nasty and over-the-top stuff, though. Most characters were OTT too. I wish the film had spent more time with Lindsey Axelsson (Sandy, the prom queen). She was yummy and had one of the film's more amusing moments. She didn't even get an onscreen death scene! I also agree that the last ten minutes had a tacked on feel, and I didn't like the final cartoon bit in the least.

Anyway, fun stuff overall. I would like to see the original cut, but doubt LG will release it. It took them forever to release the DC of the first.

philxus
02-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Do the second part of CF is available in Blue-Ray? today i went to every Best Buy,Walmart And Target around here and they just had the first part BR that i already bought it in Walmart for $10.00:confused:

fceurich39
02-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Do the second part of CF is available in Blue-Ray? today i went to every Best Buy,Walmart And Target around here and they just had the first part BR that i already bought it in Walmart for $10.00:confused:

if u mean part 2 then no it is only available on dvd for now

philxus
02-21-2010, 12:35 AM
if u mean part 2 then no it is only available on dvd for now

Oh!,Thanks, im going to have to get the dvd then:(

Katatonia
02-21-2010, 12:45 AM
The Cabin Fever Blu-ray looks quite good, and the unrated cut flows far better than the rated cut of the film.

The sequel was a mixed bag, and I'm sure glad I rented it first. The cut did seem too short and rushed. I liked most of the film until the rather abrupt ending which was...blah.

dvdfan
02-22-2010, 02:44 PM
This is what I love about this technology. No need to wait for a corrected version or swap discs in the mail. I picked up mine today and the transfer is amazing, btw. :glasses:

I picked this up over the weekend. I'm wondering how do they plan on fixing this with BD Live when the disc does not support it?

SickNick89
02-22-2010, 09:29 PM
A lot of people are saying CF directors cut "flows better". What exactly is different and how does it flow better. I havent had a chance to check it out yet?

MisterTwister
02-22-2010, 09:34 PM
The theatrical cut flowed just fine for me.

bigdaddyhorse
02-22-2010, 11:26 PM
A lot of people are saying CF directors cut "flows better". What exactly is different and how does it flow better. I havent had a chance to check it out yet?

There's really only some extra dialogue, which makes some chartacters and actions make a bit more sense, but nothing that makes it a different movie or feel much different.
Ironicly, my girl said she thinks the theater cut "flows better" and the DC slowed down too much for her. I like them both just fine but will keep watching this cut as the BD looks excellent.

stigdu99
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM
Is there any extra gore in the director's cut, or is it paced differently?

Grim
02-24-2010, 02:05 AM
Is there any extra gore in the director's cut, or is it paced differently?

It's basically all story. I think the shot of Burt's body might have been a tad longer but that's really the only thing that I noticed. I like the DC better, though. Certain moments in the film make much more sense now.

dvdfan
04-11-2010, 12:35 AM

The update is now live. Just pop in disc to your BD-Live enable player. It will check for an update and download the fixed content.