PDA

View Full Version : Boogie Nights-Best Buy Exclusive

Grim
12-09-2009, 10:18 PM
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Boogie+Nights+-+Blu-ray+Disc/9641269.p?id=2073153&skuId=9641269&st=boogie%20nights&lp=2&cp=1

This is going to be a must buy for me.

Matt89
12-09-2009, 10:54 PM
Yeah wtf is this? I saw an announcement on blu-ray.com a couple days ago. I just sold off my DVD today in anticipation of this. Definitely one of the best films of the '90s. It's still not listed on Bestbuy.ca though. Anybody know the specs?

~Matt

Grim
12-09-2009, 10:56 PM
Yeah wtf is this? I saw an announcement on blu-ray.com a couple days ago. I just sold off my DVD today in anticipation of this. Definitely one of the best films of the '90s. It's still not listed on Bestbuy.ca though. Anybody know the specs?

~Matt

Not sure yet, but I hope it at least has the commentary and deleted scenes. New Line/Warner is pretty good about porting over extras so I have faith.

Matt89
12-09-2009, 11:05 PM
Not sure yet, but I hope it at least has the commentary and deleted scenes. New Line/Warner is pretty good about porting over extras so I have faith.

Yeah, I just wish we were given more info on this release. Fuck I wanna get this, it has to be one of my fav movies of all-time and I can't wait for it to come out in Canada. Anybody wanna pick me one up at Best Buy and mail me a copy? Haha. No, I'm serious though.

~Matt

HellRazor
12-09-2009, 11:44 PM
Greatest movie of all time.

"Feeeel Feeeel Feeeel..... Feel my heat! (Were we rolling on the demo?)"

Katatonia
12-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Damn $24.99? Best Buy should change their name to Worst Buy here lately.

I love the movie, and this is one I've been eagerly awaiting to hit Blu. I have a 10% off coupon for Best Buy, so maybe that'll work...still not a great price though.

bigdaddyhorse
12-10-2009, 12:47 AM
I was just thinking of how great this would probably look on Blu. Gonna have to see about what features and price tag it has before I commit, but I definitly want it.

Conal Cochran
12-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Hey Matt89,

http://www.amazon.ca/Boogie-Nights-Blu-ray/dp/B002Y06VES/ref=reg_hu-wl_item-added

$21.95

Reverenddave
12-10-2009, 07:00 PM
I think this will only be exclusive for a month. I'll wait until January and get it at Amazon for $15.

Matt89
12-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Yeah....but this is gonna be hard waiting. Oh well, I guess I'll just wait till January.

~Matt

Katatonia
12-12-2009, 08:46 AM
Best Buy have to be the most annoying store around. I go in there looking for it, and can't find it. I wait 15 minutes before I find one of the employees to help me. Any other time there would have been three employees bugging the hell out of you begging to help. I inform him that I can't find it on the shelf, yet it says in stock on their website. He looks around for 5 minutes and finds three in the "N" section of the Blu-rays...go figure.

I get to the check out, and then they inform me that they can't sell it because the release date is 12/15. What a bunch of bullshit. It isn't like this was a fucking Harry Potter release or something, and they're the only damned store selling it anyways. It's not my fault they put 'em out on the shelf early. I walked out of the store and told 'em to keep their damned exclusives if they're going to be so anal retentive.

I would have paid the price, but now I'll just wait for it to hit Amazon and grab it cheaper. Now I remember why I've purchased perhaps one thing at a Best Buy store in 6 months...and that may very well have been the last thing I buy from them for another 6 months too! :fuck:

Anthropophagus
12-12-2009, 01:48 PM
That is so weird about Best Buy. The one in my town always has a lot of obscure titles and at great prices too. They are very lenient about exchanging scratched dvds and I've never had a problem there compared to smaller dvd shops that can be a pain in the ass.
I've picked up a ton of stuff there in the past months usually between 9.99$ and 11.99$ canadian.
Nothing bad to say about Best Buy here.

Grim
12-12-2009, 03:02 PM
I've got a reward zone coupon for $10 so I'll get it for the same as Amazon would be charging. I can't wait! Even if I hate going into retail stores.

bigdaddyhorse
12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
I would have paid the price, but now I'll just wait for it to hit Amazon and grab it cheaper. Now I remember why I've purchased perhaps one thing at a Best Buy store in 6 months...and that may very well have been the last thing I buy from them for another 6 months too! :fuck:

Plus Amazon has been tracking Best Buy the last few months or so.
Thought I got a great deal on one thing, it's the same price with no tax/shipping at Amazon. Just last week BB had teh Dirty Harry BD set for $49.99. I couldn't pass. Then I check Amazon, and the used sets are $55-65, but new from them is $49.99. If I didn't have a $5 reward waiting and a serious case of not being able to wait, then I wouldn't eevr show there again either.

Katatonia
12-13-2009, 12:27 AM
Plus Amazon has been tracking Best Buy the last few months or so.
Thought I got a great deal on one thing, it's the same price with no tax/shipping at Amazon. Just last week BB had teh Dirty Harry BD set for $49.99. I couldn't pass. Then I check Amazon, and the used sets are $55-65, but new from them is $49.99. If I didn't have a $5 reward waiting and a serious case of not being able to wait, then I wouldn't eevr show there again either.

Hell yeah, if I can get it from Amazon at the same price or cheaper...I do now. I have Prime and get free 2-day shipping on virtually anything. No tax charges. New releases? They're usually cheaper than any actual store if you pre-order early, and I almost always get them on the release date...sometimes before. And if by chance something gets mixed up or is defective, Amazon will ship me a replacement overnight with no questions asked. Screw messing with Dumb Buy!

Matt89
12-13-2009, 02:21 AM
I get to the check out, and then they inform me that they can't sell it because the release date is 12/15. What a bunch of bullshit. It isn't like this was a fucking Harry Potter release or something, and they're the only damned store selling it anyways. It's not my fault they put 'em out on the shelf early. I walked out of the store and told 'em to keep their damned exclusives if they're going to be so anal retentive.

I KNOW WHAT THE FUCK!? A few weeks ago, I went to buy My Bloody Valentine on blu-ray and Best Buy was the only store that had it out on the shelves early (this was a Friday, wasn't supposed to be released till Tuesday) and when I brought it to cash, the girl at checkout said the computer wouldn't let her sell it to me because it was pre-release. WTF is that bullshit? Then why put it out on the shelves. Luckily, HMV had copies out early too (for exactly the same price) so I grabbed one of those. Fucking ridiculous at Best Buy. I usually take Future Shop over Best Buy and while the employees at Future Shop can be a bit annoying (they're on commission after all), at least they're not fucking stupid like Best Buy employees.

"You're looking for Deliverance on blu-ray? Aww man, that's like...some hardcore oldschool shit eh? Yo scene."

Uhhhh...yeah.

~Matt

bigdaddyhorse
12-13-2009, 04:04 PM
Best Buy have to be the most annoying store around. I go in there looking for it, and can't find it. I wait 15 minutes before I find one of the employees to help me. Any other time there would have been three employees bugging the hell out of you begging to help. I inform him that I can't find it on the shelf, yet it says in stock on their website. He looks around for 5 minutes and finds three in the "N" section of the Blu-rays...go figure.

I get to the check out, and then they inform me that they can't sell it because the release date is 12/15.

Oh yeah, if you had this in hand, what features did it have?

CaptHowdy
12-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Best Buy has the worst prices around, but I simply had to have this one. Pre-ordered and will pick it up in-store on Tuesday.

bigdaddyhorse
12-15-2009, 08:19 PM
Good news, all the features from the Platinum disc are there (assuming it's the same 10 deleted sceens from that, not the 8 or 9 from the first dvd).
Bad news, $24.99.

indiephantom
12-17-2009, 10:37 PM
I want to upgrade this title since it's a personal favorite.

But I really want all of the trailers and TV spots included this time. I remember even P.T. admitted that they should have been included on the "definite" release. I've got my fingers crossed.

Regardless, this will be mine.

Katatonia
12-20-2009, 10:05 AM
After seeing the review (http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Boogie-Nights-Blu-ray-Review/5389/) over at blu, I knew that I simply had to go ahead and grab this. So, I went back and bought it last night. I grabbed it off the shelf, paid and walked out. I didn't even have any urge to browse their other crap.

Best Buy's price? Worst Buy.

It does look quite nice in 1080p...this is really a film that demands to be viewed this way. The lossless audio is a nice upgrade from the old DVD editions.

spawningblue
12-21-2009, 04:38 PM
Good news, all the features from the Platinum disc are there (assuming it's the same 10 deleted sceens from that, not the 8 or 9 from the first dvd).
Bad news, $24.99.

It is missing the Color Bar Easter Egg, which was a short featurette about Dirk's shrong. On a plus note it includes the original trailer which was missing from the DVD.

HellRazor
12-21-2009, 10:26 PM
It does look quite nice in 1080p...this is really a film that demands to be viewed this way. The lossless audio is a nice upgrade from the old DVD editions.

Lossless audio is the only way to fully appreciate Dirk Diggler's awesome singing voice.

Yes, the studio companies own the tapes, but that magic, that heart and soul that was put on those tapes - they don't own that.