PDA

View Full Version : HD Simpsons!

Dave
01-09-2010, 02:49 PM
I still enjoy the show. I have watched it since the beginning - when it was short clips on The Tracey Ullman show. I don't watch new seasons regularly anymore but the old seasons I have on DVD get constant play in my house, especially when my boys are around.

Anyone else get the blu-ray? It's been a while since I bought something week of release, but I did just that for Simpsons S20 blu-ray.

Spacevis
01-09-2010, 03:57 PM
hah, Groening announced in the booklet that came with the first season that there'd probably be a new format before they got to releasing all simpsons seasons :D

Nailwraps
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
I still and always wil enjoy The Simpsons. I'll definitely buy the 20th Season on DVD.

Workshed
01-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I caught a new episode recently after I-don't-know-how-many-years (I still watch 'em on syndication, but can never really figure out/care about when the new ones air), and it was damn funny.

It cracks me up when i watch South Park in HD on cable, so I'm sure these'll look great.

Dave
01-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Really loved the release. I know many complain about lack of extras, but I have yet to go through the extras on the first dozen seasons, so I can't say it bothers me much.

Two discs, 21 episodes....very cool! BD-50 rocks.

Shannafey
01-16-2010, 05:44 PM
The newer episodes are so fresh in my mind, that I don't want to jump into buying them yet. I still have a few seasons to buy from the first dozen. I stopped buying because I have so many DVDs backlogged and I wasn't watching them quick enough before the next set came out. I find myself watching the syndicated ones more, since it is so easy when I'm cleaning up the house or making dinner and they pop on. Also, when you wait, you find deals on them.

I can see why you are excited though. I am really hooked on Blu and animation is fantastic on the format!!

CPT HOOK
01-16-2010, 09:47 PM
I stopped buying the Simpsons sets after the horrible packaging on season 11. It is impossible to get the discs in and out without mauling them, I had to buy extra keep cases to store the discs in.

I will probably pick up the season 20 blu-ray though, if I can find a decent price for it.