PDA

View Full Version : Making friends at a new school is damn tough!!

DayoftheRhodes
01-30-2001, 05:02 AM
Well, what's up. Recently, my life has taken a complete 360 degree spin. About 2 months ago, my mom had an idea to leave indiana and my dad and head for arizona to live with a friend she knew out here to escape my dad's reign of terror. Anyways, she told us we were moving 4 days before we actually did and we were told not to tell all of our friends that we grew up with that we were going for concerns that my dad might find out. We left, we've been here for 2 months, and I'm unsatisfied. I really don't like the new school I go to although it's similar to my old one. I've found that making friends at a new school is very tough considering you still have all of the anger inside of you for even moving here. I must admit, I haven't been very open to people and kinda kept to myself but I need to make some friends here now before I drive myself insane. You must understand, I was popular at my old school and have nobody here so it is hard. I've met tons of people, but I keep comparing them to my old friends and they just don't cut it. Does anyone have any suggestions on getting myself out in the open to people? I am very shy when it comes to asking if i can sit at a lunch table and stuff like that so keep that in mind. Can anyone give me some suggestions?

Sorry for posting here not the off topic forum but nobody goes there and people would see it if i post it here. sorry

Please no "your a loser" posts or shit like that because that would piss me off.

DopeChamberX
01-30-2001, 05:20 AM
Hey, so you live in AZ? Cool deal, what school you going to? I'm actually in my senior year at Mountain Ridge. Anyways, as far as making friends, I guess to sound all full house-ish, just be yourself. How corny is that shit, but it works. I wouldn't just straight up and walk over to someone, myself I wouldn't, and it sounds like you wouldn't either. So I guess what I'm trying to get around too, if I ever do, is start with people you sit next to in class and work your way out, that's what I usually do, plus I've had the pleasure of not having to make such an extreme move before. Anyways, good luck brotha.

------------------
"It's not who you come with, it's who you take home." - Prom Night 4

"...find something you love doing and do it for the rest of your life..." - Rushmore

My Collection (http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollection.asp?alias=Rasmith)

mutleyhyde
01-30-2001, 05:28 AM
Do lots of drugs. Just kidding, really. You are in a tough situation for damn sure. First thing that comes to mind is not to try and impress people with your extensive dvd collection and entertainment set-up. You'll get your shit ripped off real quick. Now, that may seem petty in light of the primary concern of making friends, but it's still important. Now, as for making friends, I'd try to find a few people who I could trust, then invite them over to watch movies. Again, don't "show off" your collection, just have a good time. Remember, not all people are into horror, but then, who wants to make friends with those kind of people - unless they're babes. Then you have to make exceptions. Also, it's probably hard as hell to not walk around with a chip on your shoulder with what you're going through, which only makes it that much tougher to meet people. But you don't want to be a fake either. Just make sure you take time out to acknowledge people every now and then. Anyway, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. I'll let you know if I come up with any revalations. Good luck!!

By the way, I use the off-topic forum now and then. Just left some recent music purchase info over there. Check it out.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

DayoftheRhodes
01-30-2001, 05:33 AM
Trust me, I wouldn't "show off" my collection. I'm aware of the loser staus I would ring. (I'm not thast damn dumb!) Anyway, I never even showed off shit to my old friends although, they, of course watched a few horror movies at my house. hehe.

Dave
01-30-2001, 05:44 AM
Moving to off topic. The main forum is for horror related items only.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)