PDA

View Full Version : The return of the living dead part ii - ld

chrismac87
04-07-2010, 08:20 AM
Hey guys!

I'm working on a project with a friend and we need the help of fellow horror fans.

We're syncing up the original theatrical audio to the newly remastered Warner Brothers DVD picture and then offering a 5.1 mix from the audio that we've painstakingly done with the VHS version we have.

The problem with the VHS version is both tapes we've used for masters have an annoying hiss over the dialogue in a few sections and a few video blips that we've removed using both sources, however - we're still not completely satisfied with the end result.

SO - we're opting to use the audio from the LD to get the best possible track, with the best possible picture. Unfortunately the LD costs about $60 and for something we're going to be giving away for free, that's right - you heard me right, free - we cannot justify that amount on this project.

This is where you guys come in.

If anyone out there has a copy of the LD and has the means to record it onto a DVD please PM me and we can work out where to go from there.

Also if anyone knows anyone who owns the LD and can do the same, putting us in contact with them would be a tremendous help.

The picture quality doesn't matter on this project, the audio just needs to be flawless - that's all we're concerned about.

dave13
04-07-2010, 03:12 PM
wish i could help, it sounds like a cool project. good luck!

buck135
04-07-2010, 06:41 PM
Wow. I only have the VHS. I refuse to buy the DVD due to the audio. I wish I could help as well. Please keep us posted if you are able to do this. Thanks!

laserdogg
04-08-2010, 12:31 PM
I have the LD - let me see if I have the means to get it on to a DVD.

chrismac87
04-08-2010, 02:18 PM
I have the LD - let me see if I have the means to get it on to a DVD.

Awesome! Let me know!!!

MisterTwister
04-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I have a copy with both audio options and the theatrical audio sounds pretty good. I look forward to your 5.1 upgrade.

Good luck on the project.

chrismac87
04-08-2010, 09:41 PM
I have a copy with both audio options and the theatrical audio sounds pretty good. I look forward to your 5.1 upgrade.

Good luck on the project.

That's actually the other edition we made from the VHS audio. There's a few VHS blips - so we're looking to fix those as well as the current ones we have now.

MisterTwister
04-08-2010, 09:58 PM
That's actually the other edition we made from the VHS audio. There's a few VHS blips - so we're looking to fix those as well as the current ones we have now.

Well I have to say even with the blips it looked and sounded great. Good job!

But man that soundtrack on the DVD. WTF. Shittiest horror soundtrack of all time. Eck.

fart_mike
04-10-2010, 05:02 AM
i gotta second the love for your first theatrical soundtrack disc...can't remember where i got a copy but i've made copies for a friend and his dad (yep, guy's dad loves some return 2, so much so that even he had a big beef with the dvd audio) and we're all thankful...

chrismac87
04-10-2010, 07:58 AM
Well if I can get the LD audio - you'll have an even better version!