PDA

View Full Version : Frightners Box Set

Egg_Shen
12-16-2001, 07:01 AM
I don't know how many of you like this film, but I for one am a fan. I was doing some looking on ebay and came across this gem that's going for a hefty price at the moment.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1496673550&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1008551215&indexURL=0&rd=1

So I'm wondering what's the LOWEST anyone has seen this go for?

killit
12-16-2001, 07:06 AM
Oh my fucking God. I sold this for box for 4.99. You can't predict this shit, I guess. I mean it's his worst film, why is it so popular in this format? I guess alot of people still love laser!

Egg_Shen
12-16-2001, 07:11 AM
Man, I wish I were the lucky bastard who ripped you off.

Egg_Shen
12-16-2001, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by killit
I mean it's his worst film, why is it so popular in this format?

I was just looking over what you said and have to question your opinion on this one. I mean Bad Taste was fun, and Dead Alive was enjoyable, but Frightners is right up there with em for me. I've not had the oppertunity to watch Heavenly Creatures so I can't compare to that one. It just seemed harsh describing it as his WORST film, but hey, everyone has there opinion.

killit
12-16-2001, 05:58 PM
It's too Hollywood. Heavenly Creatures is amazing and Bad Taste is amazing in a theater, I don't think it's ever played that well on video. Brain Dead is totally unique, The Frightners just isn't any of those things. Combs' performance are all it has going for it, got to love the erratic twitching.

Dave
12-16-2001, 10:06 PM
First I paid $40 when it first came out. When it started to go into high demand, I sold it for $125.

Then I paid $30 for a used copy of it when it was in high demand. It was a lucky find. I sold that copy for $130.

Finally, I broke down and bought a mint copy off Don May for $175. I had decided I wanted to keep it in my collection.

So in total I've spent $245 on the 3 sets. I made $255 selling the first 2. Hey, I made a $10 profit!

Thing is, I sold the sets at times when I needed money. I'm just glad I have a set now.

Part of me thinks it will come to DVD eventually. But I have no idea if it'll be the full set (4.5hr doc. and all). So I'll take my chances and NOT sell it. If it ever is announced for DVD, even if it's like 1-2 hr doc., you know the LD price is going to plummit.

killit
12-17-2001, 03:50 AM
I am glad someone else remembered how cheap this set was! That's right folks, in the days when an LD set like the frigthners would retail for 189.95, it broke the mold and reatiled for 40 bucks. It shocked evryone how chaep it was. I'm still shocked