PDA

View Full Version : Best Train/Subway/Trainstation Sequence

Hellbilly
12-17-2001, 07:59 PM
Um, seems like the horror polls is kinda dead lately. So here's another weird poll, hope you'll enjoy: Best Train/Subway/Trainstation Sequence. Yeah, a lotta cool stuff happens in those places. Vote!

Andrew
12-18-2001, 12:11 AM
You forgot a kick ass one. It seems nobody else liked it, but I really enjoyed An American Werewolf in Paris. I think the subway scene towards the end of that is GREAT. But for now it's AWIL :D.

mutleyhyde
12-18-2001, 12:52 AM
Not your traditional horror, as it is thought of around here, but for an solid tour de force of urban terror, give "The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3" a look. NYC subway hostage crisis starring Walter Mathau and Robert Shaw. Great flick.

Mark Relford
12-18-2001, 01:26 AM
That scene from AWIL instantly came to mind when I saw this poll. It's a great, tense scene.

Pope V
12-18-2001, 01:57 AM
Had to go with Other - Terror Train - due to sheer volume of trainness. (yeah, I know that's not an actual word)

Peter Vincent
12-18-2001, 01:25 PM
Great poll dude!

I know this scene is not "exciting" or "gory", but I thought the artistic look of the train scene in Francis Ford Coppola's Dracula was picture perfect. Keunu narrating & Dracula's eyes in the background gave a sense of inpending doom & it looks SO good on DVD! So there went my vote!

rhett
12-18-2001, 03:56 PM
The AWIL scene is classic and it got my vote, but I probably would have voted for Terror Train had it been included. Good poll Hell, the poll section sure has been dead lately!

mazzariniuk
12-18-2001, 06:05 PM
The excellent HORROR EXPRESS with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing ... and a superb Telly Savalas.

Dark Lord
12-18-2001, 06:16 PM
Just gotta vote for An American Werewolf in london...too awesome!

Hellbilly
12-18-2001, 06:24 PM
Damn! You guys reminded me that there are way too many cool train scenes I missed for this poll. :mad: :D

Taube
12-19-2001, 12:52 PM
Cat OŽ Nine Tails

K'
12-19-2001, 02:13 PM
I voted for other, because I love the subway scene in Stigmata.
This movie is so full of style, it nearly makes you forget it's lack of substance ;)

Jason25
12-19-2001, 04:24 PM
Scene from Brain Damage - classic

Hellbilly
12-19-2001, 06:09 PM
Again...where do U think 'o' this stuff Hellbilly?

I dunno Peter. Must be those damn drugs I'm taking...:D

Agent Z
12-21-2001, 08:00 AM
Great Poll......it would take Forever and a day to list all the possibilities since, as you said, "a whole lotta cool stuff happens in those places." Some more possible vote-getters:

The death by train car in OMEN II.

Chasing the hooded killer to the tracks in THE TOWN THAT DREADED SUNDOWN.

Ransoms, stabbings, and a Rip Torn impaling by iron rod in A STRANGER IS WATCHING...which spends most of the movie in the underbelly of Grand Central Station.

BTW....will pick DRESSED TO KILL........that is just a totally creepy section of the film!

Yowie
12-21-2001, 07:42 PM
Of those I voted for "American Werewolf..."; still a very scary scene. My favorite train movie though, is "Silver Streak". -I just love movies that take place on trains. Other good ones are "Breakheart Pass", "Narrow Margin", "Murder On The Orient Express", "Taking Of Pelham 1-2-3", "The Great Train Robbery", "The Lady Vanishes", "Runaway Train", and "Horror Express". Also, there are good train scenes in "The 39 Steps", "Trading Places", "Assassination", and "From Russia With Love", and some nice underground scenes in "Beneath The Planet Of The Apes" and "Death Line".