PDA

View Full Version : Half-time Report: 2010

rhett
07-13-2010, 11:45 PM
Tough to believe we're more than half-way done the year, but from the current pack, which horror movie has been your favorite?

bigwes15
07-13-2010, 11:57 PM
I have to admit I cheated a bit here. Of the ones on the list I've seen I didn't really like any of them very much. Therefore, I voted for the one I want to see the most out of the list- Cropsey.

dave13
07-14-2010, 12:02 AM
out of the horror films made this year that i've seen:

the wolfman
the crazies
a nightmare on elm street
splice

i'd have to go with splice. wasn't daybreakers 2009?

Ash28M
07-14-2010, 12:49 AM
From what I have seen I'll go with Splice, Frozen being a close second. I've never even heard of Cropsey, how is that?

f.ramses
07-14-2010, 01:16 AM
[Rec] followed closely by The Human Centipede. I might check out The Crazies despite my hatred for remakes but I don't know...

Hatchetwarrior
07-14-2010, 01:57 AM
It's been a pretty shitty year as far as Horror goes, but here's my current top 10

1) [REC] 2
2) Human Centipede
3) Lake Mungo
4) Dread
5) The Crazies
6) The Descent Part 2
7) I Sell The Dead
8) Tony
9) Day Breakers
10) Splice

Chunkblower
07-14-2010, 03:14 AM
Splice is easily the best horror film I've seen so far this year. I'd even go as far to say that it's one of the three best films I've seen of any genre. Not sure if that constitutes praise for Splice, or is a reflection of the incredibly lacklustre crop of movies that have been released so far.

othervoice1
07-14-2010, 03:41 AM
I cant vote- just dont feel Ive seen enough of these yet- two I am looking forward to checking out sometime this year would be Rec 2 and Splice - Cropsey sounds pretty interesting too.

Cujo108
07-14-2010, 03:57 AM
Frozen

eric_angelus
07-14-2010, 04:39 AM
Of the five I have seen Daybreakers is my favorite.

Iron Jaiden
07-14-2010, 05:17 AM
I actually thought they did a fine job with The Crazies. The original material was a little goofy to begin with and the movie just felt like they polished up the story a bit and gave it the production value it deserved.
I don't like remakes but that was ok by me.
Rec2 was very cool but truly just more of the same from Rec.

I'm looking forward to some cheesy ass horror for the rest of the year though.
From Piranha 3-D to Mother's Day to Burning Bright (aka Ravenous) to whatever awesome shit gets shown at Fantastic Fest :)

Erick H.
07-14-2010, 06:22 AM
I wanna catch up to a few more of these before I vote.At present I'd say ''other".

MorallySound
07-14-2010, 05:35 PM
[Rec]2.

fattyjoe37
07-14-2010, 06:53 PM
Predators

Darga
07-14-2010, 07:06 PM
The only ones I've seen so far are The Crazies, Daybreakers and Survival of the Dead, and none of them were all that great (especially SOTD). I'm going to check out [Rec] 2 in the theater this weekend, and I have a feeling that film might earn my vote.

indiephantom
07-15-2010, 05:05 PM
I've seen only five from the list so far. Cropsey is in town next week, and I think I'll wait until after I see that and The Human Centipede and Piranha 3-D before I make my decision.

Oh, wait. This is just supposed to be for now. Well, there are still a couple I want to see first. I will say that Frozen is pretty good, but I still had some issues with it (wolves, etc.). Predators was awful, I think. The Crazies doesn't do anything new. A Nightmare on Elm St. is one of the lesser remakes and Daybreakers looks nice, but is pretty hollow at its core.

Harry Warden
07-15-2010, 07:33 PM
The Crazies by far out of what I've seen in 2010. I also really liked Legion, The Wolfman and Daybreakers. I haven't seen REC2 or Predators yet.

KamuiX
07-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Of the above I've only seen The Wolfman, The Crazies, and Daybreakers, but I think it's safe to say The Crazies is the best of that above bunch. I was originally quite amped about The Human Centipede, but a handful of people who's opinions I trust have said it's a letdown. The only other film's included I'm really interested in seeing are [rec]2, Splice, and Predators (which probably isn't too much of a horror flick).

deepred
07-18-2010, 04:12 AM
I picked [Rec]2 - while not perfect, I didn't want the movie to end and that speaks volumes I think. I can't believe someone picked the NOES remake as the best so far - IMHO that has been the worst so far with no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I have so much love for the original and that remake really offended me! It had no understanding of what made the original work at all! Pre-burned Freddy leaves blatant scars on children but doesn't think he'll be caught by the parents. He took them to a basement of a pre-school yet somehow they wind up in a boiler room in their dreams similar to the original franchise. Every scene that was taken from the original was done in such an inferior way and feels randomly slapped into the movie. Acting, script, pacing, characters, kills - everything was awful! On top of that, the makers didn't get a blessing from Wes Craven or his input at all when he's helped make some of the more successful remakes of his own films. Such disrespect!