PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare on elm street dvd set

Harms the Stoppa
01-30-2001, 05:20 AM
I'm currently saving up for this mack daddy king dvd set,i was wondering if the nightmare encyclopedia has ALL the deleted scenes from all movies.Does it have the cut scene where Glenn gets spit out of the bed in part 1?

------------------

n1ghtmare
01-30-2001, 05:27 AM
The only deleted scenes it has from any of the films are the 2 alternate endings to N1.

Matt
01-30-2001, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by n1ghtmare:
The only deleted scenes it has from any of the films are the 2 alternate endings to N1.

Where are those?

Django
01-30-2001, 08:19 AM
It's a well known fact around here that I personally detest the NOES Boxed Set. You can do the search and look up the old posts as to why but in a nutshell if you're wanting to see lots of deleted scenes you're in for a huge letdown.

NONE of the deleted scenes found on the Elite Laserdisc SE are to be found inside the set, nor is Nightmare 5 in its unrated form. Its pretty sad when the now OOP cheapie VHS bargan tapes had more footage then the so-called end all be all set.

As for the so called encyclopedia, the interviews are poorly shot on single set up video with several notable figures missing in action, there is no mention of Freddy's Nightmares, several music videos are missing including "Love Kills," and most of the never before seen bonus footage is 2 to ten second outtakes of Robert Englund screwing around in make-up.

And there is no ending to the maze and to my knowledge Freddy never fully appears to scare the shit out of you.

But for those who have it, one of the alternate endings can be seen in the Nightmare 1 retrospective documentary that's at the start of the bonus disc. The second is hidden in the maze in the screen where you're looking into a close up of the grated door window. It's hidden in one of the tiny openings.

Or you can simply access the menu on your DVD and punch up Title/Track number 1, chapter 505 to see the second ending...

Matt
01-30-2001, 09:42 AM
Thanks Djanjo!