PDA

View Full Version : I just sent Anchor Bay an e-mail in regards to Zombie and AOD

bloody stump
02-11-2001, 10:03 AM
my anger tonight after finding out zombie is out of print on dvd made me fire off an
e-mail to anchor bay. not that it will help, but worth a shot anyway.
i also mention my anger in the limited print of army of darkness with the restored footage. the have 2 other versions of AOD in print still, but neither have the extra restored footage the limited printing had.
i missed it because i did not have a dvd player at the time.
anyway, here is what i sent them...

i was wondering why anchor bay let the DVD version of Lucio Fulci's ZOMBIE go out of print? it was released in 1998.

you are releasing the last of the Fulci collection by mid-2001. even an average at best title like The Black Cat is getting released, yet you choose to let one of his top 3 films go out of print. it makes no sense. Zombie, The Beyond, and City Of The Living Dead are his best 3 films.

i was considering buying all of the Anchor Bay Fulci collection on DVD, but now i see no point. i will be missing a personal favorite. i guess i decided to buy a DVD player a little too late.

i also do not understand why you made the collectors edition of army of darkness with the 4 restored scenes limited edition. it's sold out now and i refuse to buy the american edit of the film you still sell.

please rerelease these 2 dvds. anchor bay is great, but i hate to see limited run deals on GREAT titles, while total garbage is being released and on the shelves for years.

thank you.

Django
02-11-2001, 10:31 AM
I'm sure someone else has probably told you this by now, but if not here you go.

Zombie is OOP because a NEW REMASTERED edition is in the works for late this year or early 2002. It is supposed to have all the extras the original had plus it will be anamorphic.

As for Army of Darkness, you can in fact buy both discs issued in the two-disc limited edition separately. Disc one is the standard AB US theatrical cut DVD. Disc two with the commentary and longer cut is marketed as "The Director's Cut" and features the international poster art.

It is getting harder to find but if you hurry you should be able to find it. Collect both and you've got yourself the entire limited edition set.

Gnaghi
02-11-2001, 11:43 AM
i see the "limited edition" army of darkness all the time... the single of course. i freaked out when i first saw it because i thought it would sell quickly and go oop so i spent my money on it as soon as possible, later to find i could have gotten it cheaper plus gotten a discount on it... everywhere i go i seem to see like 3 of em on the shelf.

Reverenddave
02-12-2001, 06:06 AM
Originally posted by Hadenuff:
Where did the news about Zombie come from? It wasn't mentioned during the October online chat with Felsher from Anchor Bay.

Michael Felsher originally mentioned it during Anchor Bay's July 2000 online chat with Home Theater Forum. Here's what he said:

"We will have Zombie back out in late 2001. The current DVD is being discontinued at the end of the month."

Since then, I think it's been indicated that the title will probably be delayed until sometime in 2002.

bloody stump
02-12-2001, 06:38 AM
time to send off a nevermind e-mail to them. they do not have zombie listed anywhere on their future releases page that goes through 2002. i hope it is soon.

about AOD, i too see the directors cut all the time. i just thought it was different from all the overseas versions.
i still like the artwork from the limited printing the most.