PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Fall Disc 2010

rhett
10-28-2010, 12:41 PM
Well, October Madness is coming to a close...what better than to look upon the last couple months we've had of horror and pick our favorite release of this year's fall season. What'll it be?

Hellbilly
10-28-2010, 01:08 PM
No Grindhouse? ;)

My fave got to be The Return of the Living Dead BD. It looks fabulous.

SaxCatz
10-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Definitely The Evil Dead for me.
The Blu is absolutely fantastic and makes none of the mistakes made in the release of its sequel earlier in the life of the format. The film truly looks better than it ever has before in either aspect ratio you choose.

zombiecraig
10-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Other.

Grindhouse (Blu Ray) for me.

evildeadfan123
10-28-2010, 04:37 PM
I know it's more that one disc, but Slumber Party Massacre Collection, Evil Dead BD is tied for 1st. Purchased it on BD, even though I currently don't have a Blu-Ray player yet.

Anthropophagus
10-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Humanoids From The Deep

Darga
10-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Humanoids all the way. So great to be able to retire my crappy old full-frame DVD, plus an upgrade to HD. Yowza!

Mutilated Prey
10-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I'm going "Other" with The Redeemer - never thought that would see the light of day and widescreen taboot :)

Paff
10-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Grindhouse for me

spawningblue
10-28-2010, 08:53 PM
Still a lot of titles I need to check out (There was just too much this Fall!) but as of right now I'd probably go with the Slumber Party Massacre collection.

But even though there have been all of these awesome releases, has anyone else noticed all the mishaps that came with them. And yes, I am just being picky, but just saying.

Slumber Party Massacre collection - Deleted audio from commentaries and making of doc.

Dark Night of the Scarecrow - Interlaced transfer, newly shot ending tacked on

Evil Dead - Missing some previous extras

Exorcist - Not a big deal, but Version You've Never Seen has a few edits compared to its' theatrical release

Grindhouse - No lossless audio track

Madman - Interlaced transfer, missing blue hue

Maniac - Transfer arguably isn't too good

Never Sleep Again - screwed over fans with re-release

Nightmare on Elm Street (Remake) - Next to no extras, no alternate cut

Redeemer - Slightly edited I believe, not the best transfer

Return of the Living Dead - Transfer arguably isn't the best

Troll 2 - barebones. Documentary isn't included or any extras for that matter

Again, these are mostly just nit picks but still. Lot of great releases, but a lot of great releases that could have been better.

Chomp
10-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Alien Anthology for me…absolutely gargantuan release that is as equally breathtakingly beautiful as seeing a pair tits for the first time.

Second would have to be Humanoids from the Deep. Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d see this in HD.

And even though these two releases have their faults, I think Madman and Dark Night of the Scarecrow share the number three spot.

CPT HOOK
10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
Would have went with Slumber Party Massacre, but decided to show some support for Madman instead.

rhett
10-28-2010, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. Tough to remember everything. I've added Grindhouse and Slumber Party Massacre to the list. Alien isn't entirely horror so I'm going to keep it off because of a lack of open spots.

TheDreamMaster
10-28-2010, 10:13 PM
I have several of these sitting around, and have watched none of them besides Frozen and Survival of the Dead, which were adequate enough releases, I guess.

Nailwraps
10-28-2010, 10:22 PM
Never Sleep Again.

satans-sadists
10-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Humanoids From the Deep Blu-ray is my favorite. Also very happy with the Piranha and Grindhouse releases. Was pleasantly surprised with Dark Night of the Scarecrow on standard dvd. Nice work that surpassed my expectations.

Harry Warden
10-29-2010, 01:47 AM
The Exorcist Blu-Ray.

othervoice1
10-29-2010, 01:54 AM
For me it would be Grindhouse followed closely by House and Evil Dead. ROTLD was a cool release on blu but still lacks the original score so it lost points for that.

JGrendel
10-29-2010, 02:01 AM
Return of the living dead is one of my all time faves, so having on blu-ray just awesome. Now if we could get Paramount to release the rest of the Fridays on Blu, I'd be happier lol.

f.ramses
10-29-2010, 05:35 AM
I'm going to go with Arrow's release of Inferno. The comparison to the upcoming CO release makes me think the one from CO will probably be the better of the two but I was pretty happy with the Arrow disc and out of everything that has come out this fall it's the title I wanted the most.

dickieduvet
10-30-2010, 04:18 AM
The Exorcist for me, Both cuts, The full documentary and all new extras....Zoinks

Darga
10-30-2010, 10:59 AM
For me it would be Grindhouse followed closely by House and Evil Dead. ROTLD was a cool release on blu but still lacks the original score so it lost points for that.

The ROTLD replacement score has Straw Dogs "Young Fast Iranians" in the early car scene so that actually makes it better in my opinion. Awesome band. Hilarious song.

vampyr789
10-31-2010, 07:59 PM
HOUSEE!!
I'm so happy it's finally on DVD, I love that crazy Japanese movie :)

SaxCatz
10-31-2010, 09:52 PM
Now if we could get Paramount to release the rest of the Fridays on Blu, I'd be happier lol.

It will happen, you can count on it. They've already invested the money in the new HD transfer as evidence by the fact that they finished releasing the "Deluxe Edition" DVDs. They're just banking on another sequel release to stoke the fires of interest.

blu
11-01-2010, 05:40 AM
ROTLD BD

Hopefully we don't be kept waiting long for the first two sequels.

maskull
11-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Cannibal Girls! I can't believe this one finally made to to DVD. I've been waiting for what seems like forever!