PDA

View Full Version : CONTEST #6: LET ME IN to Your Halloween 2010

rhett
10-31-2010, 09:17 PM
We've already had five contests this month, our most ever at HORRORDIGITAL.COM, but what the hell, it's Halloween, why not another? Our final October Madness contest aims to let viewers into what you did or are doing this Halloween weekend. Tell us and you could win LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD[/b]
http://www.horrordigital.com/reviews/contests/om_dvd_con.jpg

We've already had five contests this month, our most ever at HORRORDIGITAL.COM, but what the hell, it's Halloween, why not another? Our final contest for October Madness aims to let viewers into what you did or are doing this Halloween weekend. Tell us and you could win the acclaimed LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD.

What did you dress up as? Did you go to a party? Did you stay at home and watch movies? Which ones? Did you play the curmudgeon at home telling kids to get the hell off your porch? Do kids even trick or treat anymore? Let us know how your Halloween weekend is going or went in a single post in this thread to win. Posting pictures of your costume is encouraged, too!

Three winners will receive a DVD of Magnet's arty vampire import, LET THE RIGHT ONE IN, recently remade as LET ME IN. The winners will be randomly selected from the posts in this thread.

The contest will run a full week, ending November 7th, 2010.

So, let's hear it...how was your Halloween 2010?

addicted2dvd
10-31-2010, 09:24 PM
Stayed home and watched movies all weekend. Working on my month long horror/Halloween marathon. Ended up watching 105 movie, 56 TV eps. and 8 others (documentary/shorts) within the entire month.

SaxCatz
10-31-2010, 09:34 PM
There isn't a lot of Halloween excitement here, surprising for a reasonably large city- it just doesn't seem to be part of the culture here.
So I'll just be staying home today and watching horor flicks on my projector (aiming to end my marathon with at least 72 films). And dressing my dogs up, of course... :D

evildeadfan123
10-31-2010, 09:46 PM
I just watched a few horror films, while my husband was at a bar watching the KC Chiefs game. Didn't dress up, but I probably will next year, and when I wasn't watching movies, I was on the internet, and had 3 of my 4 cats beside me.

Ptflea2
10-31-2010, 10:04 PM
Watched football and going to had out candy.

zompirejoe
10-31-2010, 10:24 PM
I went to a wedding in Towson, MD. Lot's of drinking lots of fun ! I'm taking the kids trick or treating later, and preparing to watch The Walking Dead at 10 pm.

Kim Bruun
10-31-2010, 10:30 PM
I was at a Halloween party last night. It was a last minute thing, andI almost decided against going because I didn't have a costume - until I remembered that I have tons of theatrical makeup. I went as a zombie (in a wife-beater, so that I could paint purple bruises on the back of my arms, shoulders, and neck). It was great fun.

I've spent today sleeping off my hangover. I'll be watching that Invasion of the Body Snatchers thing with Nicole Kidman in a few - not the best way to close Halloween, perhaps, but I'm at my parents' house, and that's the horror movie they have.

fattyjoe37
10-31-2010, 10:36 PM
Went to ZomBcon yesterday and got interviews for my podcast with Ted Raimi, Betsy Baker, John Amplas, Jeffrey Reddick, Terry Alexander, Danny Hicks, and Timothy Patrick Quill.

Today I work. So I had half of a great weekend.

Darkside
10-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Like Uncle Al once sang: To me every day is Halloween, but for the weekend I did a few fun things. Zombie movie marathon all day Saturday, Halloween movie marathon all Sunday and capping the night off with the Walking Dead. Cannot ask for a better time!

othervoice1
10-31-2010, 10:47 PM
I went to see Paranormal Activity 2 at the theatre - watched several other horror movies both by myself and with friends this weekend - handing out treats to the kiddies here shortly- and that is about it- gonna try to catch Walking Dead but might DVR it.

moogong
11-01-2010, 12:08 AM
Went to BJJ this morning, attempted to cut grass afterwards, watched House of a 1,000 Corpses, made some tofu and shrimp for dinner...now waiting for street urchin to come by the house and offer to trade prayers for the souls of the dead in exchange for small raisin cakes. This is our first Halloween in our new house so we have clue if we will get a big turn out.

KamuiX
11-01-2010, 01:00 AM
Movies, movies, and more movies! Last night: The Monster Squad and Creepshow on Blu plus Creature from the Black Lagoon. Tonight, the original TCM on Blu, Bava's Black Sabbath, the first episode of The Walking Dead, and hopefully a couple other treats I haven't decided on yet.

Mitbox
11-01-2010, 01:01 AM
We don't celebrate Halloween here, but these last years, marketing has been shoving it down our throats to sell candy, costumes, etc. As a result, we have some kids asking for candy and me ignoring them (lights out). I plan on watching some movies, already done watching one, as typically cable tv programs a lot of horror movies on this day.

indiephantom
11-01-2010, 01:29 AM
Had a good weekend in Montreal watching some horror including two in theatres. Had to leave my ex-girlfriend's in Dorval at about 11:30 this morning. Two hour bus ride and I just listened to some podcasts. Arrived back in Ottawa and ate too many "all-you-can-eat" wings. Won't do that for awhile. Have been just listening to some reviews around the apt. and getting set for a long day of work tomorrow. I plan on watching at least some of The Walking Dead pilot tonight and PVR'ing the rest if I don't make it through in one shot.

Katatonia
11-01-2010, 01:43 AM
Staying at home for personal movie marathons. Last night it was Night of the Demons (original), Alien & Aliens.

And tonight I'm planning on viewing these: Halloween (original), Halloween 2 & 3

soxfan666
11-01-2010, 02:15 AM
I sat in the driveway and gave out candy.

Anaestheus
11-01-2010, 02:34 AM
Spent the weekend helping my girlfriend move out of her bed bug infested apartment. Scariest Halloween yet.

CrazyFatEthel
11-01-2010, 02:53 AM
I stayed @ home with the hunny:) Just had a dew drinks & watched movies:)) quiet, but fun evening!

MorallySound
11-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Dressed up like Freddy Kreuger where my band played a show on Devil's Night. And tonight, a couple of friends and I are getting extra spooky and holding a Black Mass at our jamspace!

bigdaddyhorse
11-01-2010, 03:09 AM
Just watching football and giving out candy. Go Steelers!

SpaceAce
11-01-2010, 03:20 AM
Took the kids out for about 1 hour and stopped by a friends house and then back home to watch the Original Halloween and munch on some candy and popcorn with the wife.

msw7
11-01-2010, 03:23 AM
I was at home cooking, procrastinating, and watching heavy metal dvds (Immortal, Big 4 show in Bulgaria), and the world series.

I am still trying to decide which scary movie to watch tonight :)

Crazyrudie
11-01-2010, 03:32 AM
I'm on the west coast so Halloween is just getting started. After the laker game i'm going to a party dressed as Jason and planning on partying all night! :D

crikan
11-01-2010, 03:34 AM
I went to a Chiefs (NFL) game dressed up as a Chiefs fan. They won in overtime 13-10 so it was a great time. When my wife and I got home we took the kids Trick r' Treating. My oldest was Spiderman and his brother was a monkey. They had a blast and the weather was just warm enough. It was a great day. I wish I wasn't so exhausted from the game. I would have liked to have watched Halloween (1978). Oh well, I enjoy cuddling in bed and watching "Rules of Engagement" with the wife.

Happy Halloween everybody! :banana:

mcchrist
11-01-2010, 03:37 AM
Uneventful, just stayed in and watched Dr. Strangelove. Burnt out on horror movies, haven't really been able to watch them lately.

highclassrob
11-01-2010, 03:41 AM
I went to a halloween party dressed up as Meatwad from AquaTeenHungerForce. I also watched all 4 psycho movies and am about half way through The Psycho Legacy documentary. Currently I put it on hold to await The Walking Dead.

MaxRenn
11-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Watched football and soccer

streetlight
11-01-2010, 05:30 AM
stayed inside, watched Eyes Of A stranger, Fatal Games, House On Sorority Row with the commentary, and The Dorm That Dripped Blood.

Iron Jaiden
11-01-2010, 05:33 AM
Brought the kids trick or treating around to local businesses earlier in the day (super scores!) then came home and watched "Great Pumpkin" and "Garfield's Halloween Adventure". After that we made pizzas and passed out candy to neighborhood kids. At about 6 we took off for some neighborhood trick or treating ourselves (super scores again!).
I was Huckle Cat (from the Richard Scary books per my son's request), my son was Obi-wan Kenobe, my daughter was a centipede (no, not the Human Centipede) and my wife was Storm Trooper Queen Elizabeth (exactly like it sounds).
Right now my wife is trying to put a very sugar high child down for bed. After she's done there we're gonna watch Poltergeist.

Totally awesome Halloween this year :)

Spit
11-01-2010, 05:47 AM
I moved into a new place since last Halloween, a school bus stops in front of my place and a million kids get off. So I figured I would get a bunch of trick r treaters..... I bought a bunch of candy, carved a sweet jackelatern and put on my Jawa costume....and only got one trick r' treater. Some kid with a bad case downs syndrom in spiderman pajamas that didnt even say 'trick r' treat'.

Now I'm drinking vodka, eating the Halloween candy I couldnt give away and watching Season of the Witch. Since I'm kinda bummed that only one person appreciated my Halloween efforts, so I've added some pictures in an attempt to validate my work.

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6712/jawa.jpg
Me in my jawa costume facebook style. I wish someone else could have taken a better picture, but I live alone and dont have any friends.

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/9406/pumkin.png
My sweet ass spooky castle jackolantern.

I always get all excited for Halloween and every year it ends up sucking....

dave13
11-01-2010, 06:10 AM
watched amazing race and fringe with my wife, ate a nice big meal, and handed out candies to trick-or-treaters. We had a good turn-out this year.

gyhorrorfan07
11-01-2010, 06:18 AM
I stayed home and watched Romero's Living Dead films and a couple of Halloween themed episodes of TV shows. There were no trick or treaters this year, so I ended up eating most of the candy.

Body Boy
11-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Friday - Went as a tap dancing vampire to a dance, got drunk and slept over at this guy's place.
Saturday - Watched a movie and had sex with the same guy
Sunday - Returned home to study and watch Slumber Party Massacre II twice! Once by itself, another with the Juliette Cummins and friends commentary.

Overall, a strange weekend, and boring actual Halloween night. But whatever. It was cool.

scaryguy88
11-01-2010, 07:43 AM
awesome kicked back with the fam and watched some good horror.

Erick H.
11-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Had my yearly horror DVD marathon with friends.Watched MAGIC,THE CHANGELING,CUJO and THE FUNHOUSE.Lots of fun.

nightmare5fan
11-01-2010, 08:07 AM
One minute and it's over... :(
Anyway, last night was all about parties and today I'm hungover. Watched Psycho on TV, and also Salem's Lot (great music and scary vampires) and fragments of Halloween 3 and 4. Also watched the Scream Awards (so lame but entertaining and got excited with the Scream 4 preview). The bad thing about Halloween is that it happens so fast! The good thing is that here in Mexico we also have "el día de los muertos" monday and tuesday, and there's no school and no work, so I'll be able to enjoy my horror movie marathon.

Rft183
11-01-2010, 03:16 PM
My wife took the 2-year old trick-or-treating. I stayed home with the 8 month old and handed out candy. This year the kids were to come by on Saturday night instead of Sunday. I don't think everyone got the message, as there weren't as many trick-or-treaters this year compared to last. On the official Halloween night, after we got the kids in bed, we watched Halloween II.

Mok
11-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Exhausting... House party on friday. Dance club on Saturday. Hordes of kids came trick 'r treating on Sunday. Not complaining :D

maskull
11-01-2010, 06:02 PM
I already have the DVD so don't enter me in the contest. :)

I stayed home a watched a crap load of movies (9 actually). And ate pizza. And drank a couple of beers. Nothing exciting but it's what I do on Halloween. The end of my October Marathon.

Ash28M
11-01-2010, 06:04 PM
Had a family get together and then played hockey later on that night.

skinnypuppy
11-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Watched Mad Monster Party, every single episode of The Simpsons Halloween Specials, watched every Roseanne Halloween episode and finished the night off with The Walking Dead.
I also dressed up as a ghost and handed out candy to the few kids that came to the door.
A good night overall!

baggio
11-01-2010, 08:38 PM
Watched some horror before 1:00pm then it was Football until the 8:00pm game was over.(switched back & forth with the World Series) Then some more horror, before I went to bed.

Gave out candy in between.

Darga
11-01-2010, 11:34 PM
Busy weekend. On Friday went up to Salem to see a showing of Die You Zombie Bastards with my friend's Misfits surf tribute band, Crimson Ghosts, playing before they showed the movie.

Saturday went to a Halloween party. I was feeling a bit lazy about dressing up so I just wore my old gorilla suit.

Sunday watched both the Patriots and Steelers games and then The Walking Dead.

Of course sprinkled throughout the weekend was more horror viewing. I'm pretty fried right now so I can't even really remember what the hell I watched.

Caspar2112
11-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Halloween tends to be a big deal and this year was no exception. After getting my sons friend, we finished making what he needed for his costume. A quick dinner or pizza and then we readied the goodies and set up the plastic frankenstein in the yard and lit up the pumpkin. It was a slow night for trick or treaters mostly due to the cold temp but we saw some good costumes. It was good to see the classic monsters represented too, like Frankenstein and Dracula. Later on we watched Last Man on Earth and Tenebre.

Mutilated Prey
11-02-2010, 02:01 AM
I was in Atlantic City to see a Phish show. I was dressed up as Osiris (Egyptian God of the Dead) which comes from one of there tune "Guelah Papyrus and my wife was Seven Below so she looked like an ice princess. Excellent Time!!!!

Ninjalo
11-02-2010, 03:10 AM
Awesome weekend, Went to see Insane Clown Posse for there Hallowicked show on Thursday, went to six flags fright fest on Friday, Went to See Suicidal Tendencies on Sat. And then I brought in all Hallow's eve by seeing the mighty GWAR. There was a costume contest there also so I got to see Santa Clause crowd surf and then get coverd in Lady Ga Ga's blood after GWAR killed her, lol What a weekend!

othervoice1
11-02-2010, 03:29 AM
I already have the DVD so don't enter me in the contest

Same for me - I made a post but I own the blu-ray already so you can remove my name from the actual drawing.

HrdcorECW1637
11-02-2010, 05:14 AM
Missed a double feature of "Trick 'r Treat" and "HalloweeN III" on Saturday, so I watched them on Halloween night. I also killed a man.

marcx
11-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Tirck or treating with the family followed by pizza party with family and neighbors, and then the Walking Dead permiere...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs492.ash2/76585_1583695586209_1050310494_31694569_1331428_n. jpg

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs827.snc4/68739_1583660065321_1050310494_31694520_6879160_n. jpg

Zombie Dude
11-02-2010, 06:40 AM
Stayed home and watched movies.

Vincent Pina
11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
Big party on Saturday with a keg of Fireman's Four, a popcorn machine, my Optoma dvd projector and inflatable screen.

Program was as follows:
Horror trailers from Shock Festival
Legend of Sleepy Hollow (old Disney short)
The Funhouse
Mausoleum
Dark Night of the Scarecrow
Ms. 45
Fright Night

Too hungover to do anything on Sunday...plus I had to work Monday morning, so there's that.

pieces35
11-02-2010, 06:28 PM
stayed home and watched "the walking dead"

awesome!!!

spawningblue
11-04-2010, 12:15 AM
This month although extremely busy and tiring was a blast! I love Halloween and get excited every year when October hits. We had our annual Halloween kegger where I dressed up as the flying monkey from Wizard of Oz and drank way too damn much. I also watched a crap load of movies (October is a great excuse to watch nothing but horror flicks), breaking my record from last year including 6 on Halloween day with a bunch of friends and a whole lot of pumpkin spice beer. It was also as always great checking out this site every day thanks to all the awesome reviews, lists, and contests. And of course, it's always a lot of fun seeing what everyone else is watching and adding a bunch of movies to my want lists. Can't wait until next year!

Undeadcow
11-04-2010, 04:32 AM
Went trick 'r treating with my 2 year old offspring. It was fun watching her run from one house to the next for candy but was disappointed people quit serving around 8:15.

Zillamon51
11-05-2010, 06:12 AM
First Halloween in a new house, so we didn't know what to expect (or have a budget for anything elaborate). We had my parents over for dinner (grilled some burgers), then set up for ToT. I have a cargo van for work, so I opened up the back doors, hung a shower curtain liner splattered with blood, and waited inside dressed as a werewolf. My GF was dressed as a gypsy at a table next to the van, passing out candy. After kids got their candy, I would burst out from behind the curtain and scare the poop out of them. Good times. Capped it all off w/ a viewing of the original Halloween on Blu-ray (looking better than I've ever seen it before, I might add).

NaturesMistake
11-05-2010, 06:18 AM
Huge ass party on Friday.
Worked Saturday...
Horror flicks/ scared the children Sunday (caught some of the giants game too)...

WhatTHEhell19
11-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Stayed home and had a horror movie marathon. No one in my town really celebrates Halloween anymore it seems, which is quite sad.

ZoSo
11-05-2010, 08:25 PM
Went to a couple parties dressed as a nun...

...got drunk, ended up a Nunja.

Body Boy
11-09-2010, 12:05 AM
I wonder who won...lol

rhett
11-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the submissions, everyone. Nice to see that Halloween festivities don't necessarily mean just sitting around and watching horror movies.

the three winners of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD are:

Zombie Dude
mcchrist
Iron Jaiden

Congrats, guys. I know for at least one of you it was a long time coming.

Winners, send me a PM with your name and address and these will go out to you right away.

addicted2dvd
11-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Congrats to the winners!

Mutilated Prey
11-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Yay! 6 contests and I won jack shit!

:p

Congrats winners!!!

othervoice1
11-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Congrats- and enjoy this AWESOME movie

Zombie Dude
11-09-2010, 05:09 AM
Thanks for the submissions, everyone. Nice to see that Halloween festivities don't necessarily mean just sitting around and watching horror movies.

the three winners of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN on DVD are:

Zombie Dude
mcchrist
Iron Jaiden

Congrats, guys. I know for at least one of you it was a long time coming.

Winners, send me a PM with your name and address and these will go out to you right away.
Awesome! I'm looking forward to checking this one out :D

Congrats to the other winners.

Erick H.
11-09-2010, 06:11 AM
Enjoy the movie guys,great flick !

mcchrist
11-09-2010, 07:34 AM
I haven't watched it yet! So thank horrordvds.

:banana: