PDA

View Full Version : Most Threatening/Disturbing Phone Call

Hellbilly
12-24-2001, 11:21 AM
Which horror movie had the creepiest, scariest phone call ever?

Vamp
12-24-2001, 02:01 PM
I picked the call from "When A Stranger Calls." My mom said that this was a great movie about half a year ago, so we rented it. My mom, my father, and I all watched it together, at night.

The phone calls scared the crap out of all of us... It was the first time I've been scared in years. Also, durring the first phone calls, my friend banged on the living room window... Hehe, my friends don't use doors... Of course, we didn't see her, so one of us had to go and check it out..

I had to say.. "I'm not checking it out, the one who does that is always the first one to die." We laughed, it was great.

Though I feel the movie dragged a little, I love it. It's one of the scariest movies I've ever seen.

Nice poll HellBilly, you're always make great ones.. I think I'm speaking for most of us when I say, we most likely appreciate what you're doing more than ya think. I don't post for every poll, but I like watching how they unfold.. You just do one of those little things that brightens my day a little.. Thank you, and happy holidays.

This time of year gets me all happy and whatnot, birthday was a few days ago (I GOT AN XBOX!! WOOHOO!) and Christmas is tomorrow! Great time of the year. :)

Everyone hear, I hope you all are all safe and have a great time around the holidays.

-Vamp

Hellbilly
12-24-2001, 02:09 PM
Thanks Vamp for digging my stuff. :)
If I should by any chance start to annoy you guys with me polls, just give me a wink. ;)

Have fun with your xbox and a merry christmas and a happy new year to you and all the other folks on this board.

Cujo108
12-24-2001, 04:00 PM
I voted for the phone calls in the classic Black Christmas. They are some of the freakiest thing I have ever heard! Very disturbing, and it proves how psychotic the killer truly is!

ParmagentoCheez
12-26-2001, 05:32 PM
ditto, Cujo. the phone calls in black xmas are the scariest part of the whole movie, and hands down the scariest phone calls in horror history.

hey, Hellbilly, where's the UNHOLY? the screaming voices from hell prank call is a hoot!

and for the old-school shit-kickers, how about 976-evil? ha!
:D

Hellbilly
12-26-2001, 05:51 PM
It's not easy listing all the stuff if you only got 20 voting options. I thought about 976-Evil but completely forgot about The Unholy.
Thanks for reminding. :)

Crazferret
12-27-2001, 12:30 AM
I am voting for When A Stranger Calls, but there is one phone call missing.

"OK Annie, first I hear your famous chewing, now I get your famous squealing? Annie!..........Annie?"

I think we all know where that one is from. Excellent scene!

Peter Vincent
12-27-2001, 01:56 PM
Scream's intro phone call set the tone! That sh*t was like, "wh..whaaaat?"

Too bad the sequals sucked!

Erg0n
12-28-2001, 04:25 AM
The disturbing calls in BLACK CHRISTMAS

I sometimes prank call my little cousin, but i gotta do something like thses horror movies, i'll see if he cries

Scream was pretty good, just the sequels were a bit redundant

Hellbilly
12-28-2001, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by Erg0n
I sometimes prank call my little cousin, but i gotta do something like thses horror movies, i'll see if he cries

That's not a very nice thing to do Erg0n, shame on you. :D

rhett
01-02-2002, 06:44 AM
Excellent poll Hell, definitely your best one yet!

I had to go with the majority and vote Black Christmas, but I could have easily voted for When A Stanger Calls or Scream instead. BC got the edge though, because it was the first of the three, making it original, and secondly because it was so creepy and unsettling!

Hellbilly
01-02-2002, 07:03 PM
Thanks rhett.

And I especially made sure to include PROM NIGHT for you. ;)

rhett
01-05-2002, 10:28 AM
Haha thanks, I noticed! There were just too many other good ones to vote for though! :)

Ashirg
01-06-2002, 08:06 AM
Not the scariest, but what about the call after watching the tape in RING?

I was going to vote for SCREAM, but then I went down the list and saw BLACK CHRISTMAS... An ultimate horror phone call....

BlazingMagnum
01-15-2002, 07:20 PM
Black Christmas gets my vote all the way. Really disgusting evil stuff! I sampled some of it into my CD!

Cool poll!

Hellbilly
01-15-2002, 08:14 PM
Dankeschön Magnum :D
Looks like Black Christmas is leading all the way...

BlazingMagnum
01-16-2002, 09:38 AM
Cool!
If I was gonna make a nasty phone call - I'd want it to sound like Black Christmas!

Cheers Hillbilly - are you in Germany, by any chance?

onebyone
01-07-2006, 05:06 AM
Today I saw the trailer for the remake of When A Stranger Calls, thought of the orginal's classic threatening intro call, and got a little scared just sitting there all by myself. That's one of cinema's scariest moments to me, so I had to bump this thread to show it some love. Well, kind of love. I mean, god damn, have you checked the children? Have you? The calls are coming from inside the house! :nervous:

Runner up would be Black Christmas, even though I find those calls more creepy than threatening.

eric_angelus
01-07-2006, 05:11 AM
For me it's Black Christmas...but I think a scene that deserves mention comes from Eyes of a Stranger...one of the creepiest moments in the movie is the scene where the phone rings in the elevator.

KillerCannabis
01-07-2006, 07:05 PM
Lost Highway. That would easily creep me the fuck out over anything else.

Myron Breck
01-07-2006, 07:24 PM
It was a tie for me: BLACK CHRISTMAS vs. WHEN A STRANGER CALLS.
I went with STRANGER since it still gives me goosebumps, taking me back to the pre-cellular, pre-caller ID days of babysitting for the neighbors. I used to freak myself out all the time! :lol:

The Chaostar
01-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Voted for Lost Highway. Scared me shitless.

Katatonia
01-07-2006, 08:42 PM
There's some really good ones on there, and it was hard to choose. I went with Black Christmas though.

Kathleen Turner in Serial Mom was pretty good too. Is this the Cocksucker residence? Is this 4215 Pussy Way? :evil:

Agent Z
01-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Wow, I didn't remember phones messages in Dressed to Kill, but that is probably because I have never revisted that film since I saw it as a teenager back in the 80's: it disturbed me something serious, owns me, and I should probably get a tattoo on my booty that says: PROPERTY OF DRESSED TO KILL.

Yeah, I am digressing a tad. Sorry about that.

I'm going with When a Stranger Calls. That whole opening set-up has become iconic, and still holds up to this day. :nervous:

_pi_
01-07-2006, 09:51 PM
I chose Lost Highway, but Black Christmas and When a Stranger Calls are close runners up. I also have fond memories of the Scream phonecall :)

Shokk
01-07-2006, 10:09 PM
I came down to the calls from Black Christmas and When A Stranger Calls..I have to give a slight edge to WASC though...just a tad more disturbing.

Hellbilly
01-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Wow, I didn't remember phones messages in Dressed to Kill, but that is probably because I have never revisted that film since I saw it as a teenager back in the 80's.
Damn, it's about time for a re-visit! Refresh your memory and get MGM's DVD - which is excellent btw :)

betterdan
01-07-2006, 10:27 PM
I believe I voted for Black Christmas back when this thread was created as that is the correct answer.

walkingdude
01-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Student Bodies!

"Click."
"Did you hang up?"
"No I just said click!"
:lol:

R. I. P.
01-11-2006, 02:38 PM
As far as I'm concerned, it's "Black Christmas" followed by "When A Stranger Calls" and then the rest. None of the others come close to the overall impact and sheer intensity delivered. Excellent poll nonetheless! ;)

Workshed
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Man oh man, this poll is great. I can't even choose one. Argh.....fine, Lost Highway. More polls like this, please.

Edit: Re-watched Black Christmas over the weekend thanks to this poll. It'd been a while and holy shit, those calls are freaky, man. Wow. Really forgot all about this movie--surprising that there isn't a real "cheesecake" factor at all in it, given that it takes place in a sorrority house (no shower scenes, no pillow fights, etc.). Really keeps things tense. Well done on the scares.

maskull
01-11-2006, 06:41 PM
Black Christmas easily. The best part about my favourite horror film.

Runner ups are When A Stranger Calls and Drew in Scream, though I actually like the part when her parents pick up the phone more.

RyanPC
01-11-2006, 06:42 PM
I was stuck between voting for Black Christmas or When a Stranger Calls, but I went with Black Christmas because it is overall the better film.

Mok
01-11-2006, 06:54 PM
I went with the Lost Highway call. It would probably make me pass-out if it happened to me. Like when you start to doubt your own mind - that's scary stuff!

satans-sadists
07-24-2007, 07:09 PM
Black Christmas, followed by Lost Highway.

philxus
07-24-2007, 09:26 PM
:evil: NEW YORK RIPPER :evil:

DVD-fanatic-9
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I accidentally voted for the wrong option. Blast it! I voted "other" because I didn't read the Pet Sematary one. I actually think Gage's call was a little scarier than Nash's call in Black Christmas, but the "Moaner" calls were not scarier than "Jess, the caller is in the house. The calls are coming from the house" call. So, I would vote for Pet, if I hadn't have slipped up.