PDA

View Full Version : Twin Peaks Box Sets

Egg_Shen
12-26-2001, 07:48 AM
I want to know how often the Pioneer laserdiscs from Japan are sold on ebay. It seems pretty simple to find the Image sets but I've read those are inferior to the Japanese releases. Anyone here know?

Crazferret
12-26-2001, 02:02 PM
I have seen the Japanese sets two times. I don't really look for them that much since I heard about the DVD's coming out (for Season One at least). I think it is one of those things that show up occasionally, but not regularly. Hope this helps.

Egg_Shen
12-26-2001, 05:51 PM
Yeah, I figured it was an every once in a while sale. Actually I bought the season 1 Box Set and it looks extreamly good, I just haven't heard anything about the other episodes comming out. I want to see them NOW and guess I'll just pick up the Image set. It's not that bad, right?

Crazferret
12-27-2001, 12:50 AM
Season 1 on DVD is EXCELLENT!!!! I originally watched the series on laserdisc (Image). It was infinitely better than the VHS version (go figure). I was going to get them on LD, but I figure it is only a matter of time before the other seasons get the DVD treatment. I still can't believe that they are in DTS.

Egg_Shen
12-27-2001, 06:36 AM
Yeah, the dts sound is really great, but it's the picture that gets me the most. I mean it's nothing less then amazing. Now your saying the Image set looks decent? I've been racking my brains over whether or not to spring for that set or the Japanese import. In any case I'm getting one of them as I do not expect to see season 2 from Artisan anytime soon.

Crazferret
12-31-2001, 11:12 PM
I remember the Image set looking very nice (this was almost 3 years ago). I haven't seen the Japanese LD set, so I cannot compare the two. I would go with the Image set regardless. Why spent a lot of money on a set that you will replace with DVD eventually?

Egg_Shen
01-01-2002, 06:38 AM
Too true. Plus the Japanese set was going for almost $300 and the reserve had still not been met!