PDA

View Full Version : Fall from Grace

AceRimRat
12-28-2001, 10:27 PM
OK, the Hackmaster's Hackmaster poll gave me an idea...

What horror director has backslid the farthest in terms of moviemaking?

Whose fall from grace over the years has been most painful?

As South Park once said, and I paraphrase, "Do your impersonation of David Caruso's career, Ike!"

As always, feel free to explain any "other" choice, and happy voting!

:p

Dark Lord
12-28-2001, 11:11 PM
Wes Craven all the way...back then he was extraordinary, Last House, Hills have eyes and Nightmare on elm street are immortal classics in my book, the last good film he made was Nightmare 7, at least for me.

Cujo108
12-28-2001, 11:39 PM
Here's another vote for Craven. To put it simply, all three of the Scream films blow ass in my opinion.

Mark Relford
12-29-2001, 12:10 AM
Without a doubt, Mr. Hooper has fallen from grace. He's practically a Hackmaster in training. Can't wait for Crocodile 2!:rolleyes:

K'
12-29-2001, 12:33 AM
Hooper really fall from grace. TCM is a classic. The Mangler imho is a really really really bad movie.

Second place scores Carpenter.... I haven't seen GoM, but Vampires is enough to put him in the "fallen from Grace" category.

I can't understand why people hate Craven for doing Scream. Part 2 and 3 were bad, but part 1 is brilliant. A perfect blend of horror & comedy and a homage to the horror genre itself.

Dark Lord
12-29-2001, 01:21 AM
Scream is just overrated in my book, the first 15 minutes of the film is incredible, then it goes dooooooooowwwn!!!! As for the sequels...no comments at all.

Hellbilly
12-30-2001, 03:47 PM
Tobe Hooper, no doubt. Just think of it, he made THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE, and look at what he's doing now?

cjg
12-30-2001, 06:31 PM
Tobe Hooper in a landslide But John Carpenter may be closing in fast with Ghosts Of Mars on his resume The worst horror movie ive seen this year

ParmagentoCheez
12-31-2001, 03:12 PM
my vote is for the speilberg of horror, mr. Craven.

i'm a little confused about the inclusion of Raimi (gift was bad ass) and especially Argento. i love phantom as well as Stendhal. i was under the impression that only the uninformed splatter-heads and pseudo-elitists were the type to routinely cite these movies as a drop in argento's vision/ability. :eek:

AceRimRat
12-31-2001, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by ParmagentoCheez
i'm a little confused about the inclusion of Raimi (gift was bad ass) and especially Argento. i love phantom as well as Stendhal. i was under the impression that only the uninformed splatter-heads and pseudo-elitists were the type to routinely cite these movies as a drop in argento's vision/ability. :eek:

i put 'em in to fill out the poll. stendhal and phantom get a lot of grief on the forum (and i didn't like either one, though stendhal wasn't bad, i thought phantom blew) and raimi's last two (mainstreamers) got mixed reviews from mainstream critics (i haven't seen the gift yet). was curious to see if anyone would pick 'em.

i voted for russo, as i never found scream to be that bad (though i didn't like the sequel i saw, 2) and i actually like ghosts of mars and vampires, plus lifeforce. but mostly i voted just to see the poll results. sue me. :D

Jason25
01-01-2002, 08:11 AM
Hooper, without a doubt, he just makes pure garbage these days, very sad.

Jason25
01-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Rimmy - shame on you! The Gift had to be great since Katie was in it and wow, who could forget those wonderful breasts, yummy!

rhett
01-01-2002, 10:57 AM
I agree J, The Gift was a gift indeed! A really interesting mystery with a nice pair of jublees to top it off. Hooper gets my vote though, talk about a one hit wonder...

And as for Carpenter, Vampires may have been a slip up, but GOM was a very entertaining film and put Carpenter back on track! His films like Vampires are still good compared to the stuff most people are releasing these days!

AceRimRat
01-01-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Jason25
Rimmy - shame on you! The Gift had to be great since Katie was in it and wow, who could forget those wonderful breasts, yummy!

Hey, no fair, I apologized in advance in the question! :p

Shokk
01-16-2006, 02:57 AM
I'll just go with the choices available..John Russo easily wins this in my eyes.It's a pity he was even involved in the original NOTLD. :fire:

KillerCannabis
01-19-2006, 09:50 PM
Sam Raimi. He went from making some of the best horror flicks around to being a complete studio brown-noser. I would have picked Hooper, but he never really got high enough to have a fall. TCM was basically a fluke. And his other best film, Poltergeist, wasn't even directed by him.

dwatts
01-19-2006, 10:01 PM
Definately Carpenter. GOM is such a waste of time.... Carpenter just seems like a spent force.

Damed
01-19-2006, 10:27 PM
Wes Craven, without a doubt.

thrashard76
01-25-2006, 04:48 AM
Russo

fceurich39
01-25-2006, 06:54 PM
definitly john russo

DrHerbertWest
01-25-2006, 07:42 PM
John Carpenter. Vampires? Ghosts of Mars? Being involved in The Fog remake? Yikes.

MorallySound
01-25-2006, 08:15 PM
My vote goes to Sam Raimi. Every movie he's done after A Simple Plan has sucked moose cock X 12304564.234645!

Mark Relford
01-25-2006, 09:06 PM
Hooper still gets my vote. The Toolbox Murders remake was laughably bad, hardly a comeback like many claim. The original Texas Chainsaw Massacre must've been a fluke.