PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING: Scorpion to release Humongous & More on New Line

Pages : [1] 2 3

rhett
05-12-2011, 09:00 AM
80s horror fans have already had a few nice surprises this year with announcements like SLEDGEHAMMER, but this one takes the cake. Scorpiron Releasing will be debuting the following favorites coming out in September: HUMONGOUS, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE, THE CARPENTER, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS, THE MARK OF CAIN and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT. As if that weren't good enough, they're also re-releasing the beloved and hard to find FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS and THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW. All nine DVDs will be on a new "Katrina's Nightmare Theatre" line featuring intros and extros by WWE star Katarina Leigh Walters. It's about time we had a new Elvira!

I'm salivating too much at the thought of finally seeing the Canadian giallo sleeze-classic, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE cleaned up on DVD. I'll just go ahead and quote their official press release:

PRESS RELEASE: Scorpion Releasing presents Katarina's Nightmare Theater!

Scorpion Releasing proudly presents Katarina's Nightmare Theater, a new line of horror DVDs hosted by actress, and former WWE and now TNA star, Katarina Leigh Waters, as she introduces a series of cult films, many of them for the first time on DVD! See the bewitching Katarina introduce such horror classics as THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW, FINAL EXAM, THE INCUBUS, some of them in new high definition film transfers with new extras!

Also, for the first time on DVD such films as the 80's horror favorite HUMONGOUS, THE CARPENTER starring Wings Hauser (VICE SQUAD), THE HUMAN EXPERIMENTS starring Linda Haynes, AMERICAN NIGHTMARE with Michael Ironside, THE DEVIL WITHIN HER starring Joan Collins, the twin-terrors of THE MARK OF CAIN, and NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT starring genre greats Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing! Each DVD will have a play with or without Katarina's intros and closing segments and some will have audio commentaries with the filmmakers moderated by Katarina. All the DVD sleeves will feature a reversible cover. The first wave will be released in September, just in time for Halloween and new DVDs coming each month through March!

"I am having really great fun hosting these movies, and coming up with skits for the introduction... plus I love that I get to meet these filmmakers and talk to them about their creative process on the audio commentaries... it's inspiring! I hope you enjoy watching the DVD's, as much as I enjoy working on them!" -Katarina Leigh Waters

Also, here's a sample of the cover art for each disc, staying very true to the original poster art:

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5769&stc=1&d=1305183466 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5770&stc=1&d=1305183474 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5771&stc=1&d=1305183482 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5772&d=1305183486 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5773&stc=1&d=1305183491 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5774&stc=1&d=1305183495 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5775&stc=1&d=1305183500

Excited?

Steel76
05-12-2011, 09:10 AM
Awesome titles!!

REALLY happy about the re-release of Final Exam. :)

Though I could live without that banner on top and cheezy intros/outros by some WWE bimbo ;)

Matt89
05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
WOW. Ditto about the banner, but Jesus Christ this is awesome. Humongous and American Nightmare? Sweet! Hopefully Sorority Row will have a progressive transfer this time and hopefully some extras on the other releases. Nice to see they're using the original artwork for Final Exam.

Guess none of these are hitting blu, but oh well.

~Matt

Body Boy
05-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I feel sick to my stomach. I don't know why, this is awesome news. Yes, the banners are stupid, but my GOD!

American Nightmare and Humongous? Amazing! Humongous is fantastic! One of my favorites! So excited. I'm going to throw up.

Side note: I just bought the original Elite DVD for The Incubus two days ago, and NOW it gets a notice for rerelease? Typical. At least I only paid 20 bucks. And wow. I feel like crying for some reason. Ooooh, Christ! this is ridiculous! I don't know what to do with myself right now.

Stige
05-12-2011, 09:33 AM
the incubus from Elite is going to be hard to beat in my opinion if that's any comfort, so I probably won't buy that......

but american nightmare , human experiments, humongous YES!! Guess it's way to ealry for any news on the specs of these?

Copyboy
05-12-2011, 09:46 AM
I don't even know who this Katarina person is and totally agree with what others have said about the damned banner messing up such great cover art, but HU-FUCKING-MONGOUS?! WOO HOO! This is the most orgasm inducing news since Shawn Francis' post about the Women in Cages collection!

Body Boy
05-12-2011, 09:49 AM
Just reread that the Katarina intro and closings will be optional, as well as reversible covers (presumably to get rid of the ugly banner) so that's good.

On the bright side, if there is ever a time where we may want to check out the skits and stuff, it could be fun. As long as the option not to have it is there. She seems like she's having fun and is excited about the features, which seems good. I think it's kind of cool to add that Elvira thing to it, as long as it can be ignored, like I said, when you want to.

All hail Scorpion!

All hail Humongous!

Hellbilly
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Excellent news! I will be picking up all except for Final Exam, Incubus and The House on Sorority Row which I already own.
Looking forward to The Mark of Cain - one of my VHS faves from back in the day.

Katatonia
05-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Wow, Humongous and American Nightmare?! Awesome! 2011 is looking like a great year...

chancetx
05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Great news. I've wanted to see HUMONGOUS since the mid-80s when I saw it in the video store but mom wouldn't let me rent it. Probably won't live up to my 13-year old expectations but I'll still pick it up.

On a side note, I've tried twice now to get through FINAL EXAM. Does anything EVER happen in that movie? :sleepy:

eric_angelus
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
Nice! Here's to finally being able to get a look at a viewable print of Humongous!

Steel76
05-12-2011, 01:44 PM
Just reread that the Katarina intro and closings will be optional, as well as reversible covers (presumably to get rid of the ugly banner) so that's good.

Cool, I missed that info :)

It´s great they don´t force the Katarina stuff to play before the movie.
As other mentioned, I don´t know anything about here, and she might be a fun girl. But usually those "Elvira" wannabees sucks, hence my reaction ;)

It´s going to be a LOOOONG summer until those amazing discs drops in....

Time to finish building that time machine ;)

foller
05-12-2011, 01:54 PM
Great news, superb artworks .... but these banners are horrible!

Nailwraps
05-12-2011, 02:19 PM
This IS big news! The greatest news I've heard this year! :D

Suprised Scorpion Releasing got the rights to Humongous.

Steel76
05-12-2011, 02:27 PM
Here´s hoping Scorpion releases a "Mutilator" DVD instead of Code Red in the future ;)

crikan
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
Very exciting. I be picking up most of these. I wonder if HUMONGOUS will be uncut.

Katatonia
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Very exciting. I be picking up most of these. I wonder if HUMONGOUS will be uncut.

It shows "UNCUT" right there on the coverart. ;)

nateynate87
05-12-2011, 04:02 PM
Best dvd news I've heard all year!

Will definitely be picking up all of these

joltaddict
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5771&stc=1&d=1305183482

That is an awesome cover.
Actually aside from The Carpenter theyre all pretty good covers.

bigdaddyhorse
05-12-2011, 06:03 PM
Does this mean my copy of Final Exam isn't worth hundreds of dollars anymore?:(

I'd like to say I could care less, but there is a nice feeling to pull a dvd off the shelf and know most couldn't, and that some would pay so much for it. Last time I looked on ebay, Final Exam was getting more than Savage Streets!

I'm still happy I scored House on Sorority Row a few weeks ago too!

Horrorphilly
05-12-2011, 06:04 PM
Im floored that Homongous is getting released.I thought CR couldn't get the rights to it,that's all BS,with the right amount of money,anything can be bought.Ill only get hosr if its really worth it.

sean

MorallySound
05-12-2011, 06:29 PM
Here´s hoping Scorpion releases a "Mutilator" DVD instead of Code Red in the future ;)

Your post is pretty funny, considering Scorpion Releasing is run by Code Red's brother!

But so stoked! Looking forward to picking up ALL of these releases! And like many others, hopefully being about to see what is actually happening in HUMONGOUS!

fceurich39
05-12-2011, 06:43 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG HUMONGOUS i cant freakin wait i hope we will finally be able to see what is going on in the night scenes

Shawn Francis
05-12-2011, 07:02 PM
This Katrina chick she isn't gonna be interupting the movies is she, and fucking it up?

fceurich39
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM
This Katrina chick she isn't gonna be interupting the movies is she, and fucking it up?

nope just on the cover and hosting before and after the movie not during. i guess similiar to that stupid cartoon dude on the lionsgate slaughter high dvd

that katrina chick i think is WINTER IN TNA WRESTLING I BELIEVE

Katatonia
05-12-2011, 07:29 PM

It states in rhett's first post that you'll be able to play the film(s) with or without her intro/outro segments.

fceurich39
05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
It states in rhett's first post that you'll be able to play the film(s) with or without her intro/outro segments.

good news i hope humongous will be among the first titles to be released as that one is the only one i want on dvd all the others i have on vhs or OOP dvds

bloodthrill
05-12-2011, 07:38 PM
Un-fucking-believable. I haven't even seen some of these "classics",so I'm extra excited. Fantastic year to be a horror/sleaze fan.:eek:

Getmoredvdsout
05-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Quite possibly the BEST DVD news I have ever heard. Will pick them all up but most exicted about HUMONGOUS!!!!!! Not to mention The Carpenter and American Nightmare.

Good stuff Scorpion :) Cheers.

hellraiser40
05-12-2011, 11:30 PM
some very interesting titles there, i will pick up most (except Final Exam, which i already have)

MisterTwister
05-12-2011, 11:44 PM
It will be great to actually watch Humongous and see what the fuck is going on.

indiephantom
05-12-2011, 11:46 PM
Love American Nightmare. Will upgrade my House on Sorority Row. Haven't seen the others, but I'll be picking up most of them.

ronnie21
05-12-2011, 11:53 PM
Don't get your hopes up too high people, they still could be crappy transfers, so don;t get too excited. and once we see the reviews or transfers, they could look worse than we anticipate.. so keep it real.....

ronnie21
05-13-2011, 12:01 AM
How do we know we will see what the fuck is going on???? if the transfer is dark and crappy?? Please, don;t get your hopes too high, just because its coming on dvd, doesn't mean its gonna to look like the Godfather!!!!!!!!!!!

Body Boy
05-13-2011, 12:19 AM
Way to be a downer ronnie.

Of course we can't assume the best, but if it's anything based on Scorpion's previous releases of Girly, Goodbye Gemini, Silent Scream and Doctor Death, I'm pretty sure some care will be taken.

maskull
05-13-2011, 01:31 AM
I tried to watch Humongous a while back and couldn't tell what was going on in the night scenes and had to stop watching. The movie seems pretty awesome though so I'm hoping to finally see it in full.

Glad about Final Exam too. I missed the DVD the first time around but I love the actual flick so it'll be nice to get it on DVD....along with everything else.

ronnie21
05-13-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeah, funny thing is, both final exam and humongous both played at the college theater in swathrmore PA.

ronnie21
05-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Hope the new dvd of final exam has a better transfer than the last one.

ronnie21
05-13-2011, 02:48 AM
Wow, incubus back on dvd.. awesome, funny thing is too, humongous was filmed in septmeber of 1981

Horrorphilly
05-13-2011, 02:53 AM
Ronnie,
When did this happen? I live within 10 minutes of Swarthmore College.

SeanYeah, funny thing is, both final exam and humongous both played at the college theater in swathrmore PA.

SaxCatz
05-13-2011, 02:57 AM
Stoked...
I too hate the banners ruining the cover art, but the fact that they may be 2-sided really shows that Scorpion is doing this right!
As long as these are affordable, I'm in on five of them.

wago70
05-13-2011, 03:06 AM
I'm getting ALL OF THEM. Nice! I don't mind the banner so much (at least she's eye candy) and I love the original artworks on most of 'em.

shape22
05-13-2011, 03:16 AM
This is like finding out a really outrageous April Fool's joke is true.

Good God. Great news. I haven't seen Humongous since it was on HBO in the early 80s.

Steel76
05-13-2011, 07:11 AM
Your post is pretty funny, considering Scorpion Releasing is run by Code Red's brother!

Yeah, I know :D

For some reason I just feel like the Scorpion part of the family would do a better job with it ;)

Erick H.
05-13-2011, 08:16 AM
This is great news.I already have DVD's of INCUBUS and THE DEVIL WITHIN HER (a region 2 disc under the title MONSTER) but I welcome a new series of horror cult releases.So far I've heard good things about Scorpion,I look forward to these new discs.

KamuiX
05-13-2011, 08:24 AM
Yeah, I know :D

For some reason I just feel like the Scorpion part of the family would do a better job with it ;)

They at least wait to announce stuff until it's ready to go, instead of pumping you up and then leaving you twiddling your thumbs for years.

ronnie21
05-14-2011, 02:46 PM
HORRORPHILLY,, its in the inquire archives, Humongous played there in May of 1982, I think it only lasted a week.. And Final exam played there in June of 81. Alot of low budget exploitation films played from 1979-1983. I was only 9 and 10 when they came out. The college theater lasted until 1987. I think March of 87 was it's last run, by 86 and 87, the theater started showing more family type movies. Its now a business office. http://cinematreasures.org/theater/19696/ My brother seen some movies here and said it had a great big screen. Can you imagine that. watching final exam on a big screen. Other movies that played here are -- Mothers day. Dawn of the dead, The exterminator. Basket case. Fast times at ridgemont high. Forbidden world.. I would have loved to seen forbidden world there in 82..

ronnie21
05-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Check out the 1983 photo of the theater in this link..

satans-sadists
05-14-2011, 07:29 PM
I will probably end up getting most of these. Best part of this news is that these won't be DVD-R releases. Glad to have Scorpion releasing them! :)

Shawn Francis
05-14-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm keeping trrack of all these flicks on my blog, much like I'm doing with Shout's Corman titles.

ronnie21
05-14-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah. I just hope they don't use the same transfers from the older dvds....
Interesting, with humongous being UNCUT. I wonder which print they scarfed up for that?

ronnie21
05-14-2011, 10:14 PM
I believe the only cut footage from humongous was the rape scene or dog attack scene, and i think it was just a second or 2 or the guys aftermath of being attack but i could be wrong..

Zillamon51
05-14-2011, 10:41 PM
I've been wanting to see Humongous and House on Sorority Row for a while now, so I'll likely pick those up if the price is right.

that katrina chick i think is WINTER IN TNA WRESTLING I BELIEVE

She is currently Winter in TNA; she used to be Katie Lea Burchill in WWE.

Shawn Francis
05-15-2011, 09:57 PM
I emailed Scorpion and they told me only 2-3 titles will be released a month, and the two flicks I'm personally interested in, THE INCUBUS and HUMONGOUS have already got dates. INCUBUS is set for Jan, but could come out earlier depending on when they get done with the extras and HUMONGOUS is set for October.

ronnie21
05-16-2011, 04:46 AM
awwhh we got to wait till october for humongous. well, at least its coming out at all..

Body Boy
05-16-2011, 05:34 AM
Considering that's only 5 months away, and it was just announced last week, I'm-a say October is a wonderfully close date that I welcome.

Mutilated Prey
05-16-2011, 05:56 AM
How have I been missing this thread? This is awesome news!!!! I have been waiting for Humongous to get a real DVD release for years, and uncut thankfully taboot. Definite must buy, and American Nightmare is pure bonus. Don't really care too much for the rest.

Body Boy
05-16-2011, 08:20 AM
Yeah, these are some great Canadian films, that I thought would never come to DVD thanks to a certain someone saying that they'd never lease them to America (but I still love you Code Red! <3).

I WILL be buying Humongous when it comes out immediately as it has been undeservedly bashed by many for the sole reason of its shoddy VHS darkness. Maybe people will see it for the highly above average film it is now. God, I'm so excited! It's one of my top 20 slasher films.

American Nightmare, while a letdown when I actually saw it last November, will probably be picked up as well because I want to see what it looks like in widescreen. A beaut for sure I hope. It also has an AWESOME stalk and murder scene with that girl from Visiting Hours and Happy Birthday to Me in the dark with a pitchfork.

I'm getting Devil Within Her too as I love those post-Exorcist/Rosemary films. One of my favorite sub-genres. Schlock devils. And House on Sorority Row will be a pick-up since I missed the last two releases, and the second was interlaced. Growl.

Incubus and Final Exam I already own, but might upgrade the former if the transfer is a good improvement.

Hellbilly
05-16-2011, 08:44 AM
I believe the only cut footage from humongous was the rape scene or dog attack scene, and i think it was just a second or 2 or the guys aftermath of being attack but i could be wrong..

The old German VHS release of Humongous runs 1:08 min longer than the R-Rated U.S. Version. Apparently the German release is the uncut version.
Here are images of what is missing from the R-Rated version:

http://www.schnittberichte.com/schnittbericht.php?ID=1351529

Katatonia
05-16-2011, 09:19 AM
For those interested, Scorpion will also be releasing Where the Boys Are '84 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088395/) on DVD in late August. ;)

ronnie21
05-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Wow, the images look the same as the R-rated. except for the mauled hand shot.. Or am i wrong? But like i said before, just because its coming to dvd , don't think it's not gonna be dark again or a bad transfer. I hope not. but it can go either way...

ronnie21
05-16-2011, 12:45 PM
Heres some news, in 1995, i got cinemax cause they were starting to show alot of early 80's horror movies, and humongous was one of them in June of 95 it came on one time only, at 5 am and i recorded it, also final exam was shown the same month and eyes of a stranger... too

ronnie21
05-16-2011, 12:48 PM
http://americanclassicimages.com/Default.aspx?tabid=141&txtSearch=+humongous&ProductID=26286

Shawn Francis
05-16-2011, 08:50 PM
HUMONGOUS Special Features:

Audio commentary with Director, Paul Lynch, Writer, William Gray, moderated by Nathaniel Thompson and Katarina Waters.
THE HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW Special Featues:

New on-camera interviews (Details forthcoming)
The special features from the previously released DVD: theatrical trailer, storyboard comparisons, photo gallery, and a commentary with Mark Rosman, Eileen Davidson And Kathryn McNeil.

Mok
05-16-2011, 09:18 PM
As a TNA fan and more to the point, Winter fan, I say this is pure boners!
http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/gallery/cache/715__300x408_tna-winter.jpg

Mutilated Prey
05-16-2011, 09:24 PM
For those interested, Scorpion will also be releasing Where the Boys Are '84 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088395/) on DVD in late August. ;)

Oh that will be DELIGHTFUL!!!

Rhett - aren't you excited Guy!

Body Boy
05-16-2011, 09:37 PM
HUMONGOUS Special Features:

Audio commentary with Director, Paul Lynch, Writer, William Gray, moderated by Nathaniel Thompson and Katarina Waters.

Awesome! Nice to be able to hear Paul Lynch's opinions on one of his films.

I hope they find a trailer to put on it since there is a nice one up on youtube right now. Also, they may possibly be adding memorabilia like posters and stuff from the film as extras if a certain something works out. But you didn't hear that from me. ;)

ronnie21
05-16-2011, 10:51 PM
hope humungous will be widescreen 16x9?

wago70
05-16-2011, 11:37 PM
I hope Humongous has the full opening sequence and not the edited one that's on VHS.

Getmoredvdsout
05-16-2011, 11:44 PM
Great stuff regarding Where the Boys Are '84. That is another one for the list! Really impressed with Scorpion and how they are releasing Humongous.

Bring on Hide and Go Shriek next please ;)

ronnie21
05-17-2011, 01:46 AM
Well, we wont hear anything new from this until September or early October.. At least no reviews till then... Hope the artwork is real...

Mutilated Prey
05-17-2011, 02:01 AM
hope humungous will be widescreen 16x9?

It better friggin' be.

I hope Humongous has the full opening sequence and not the edited one that's on VHS.

You mean the rape scene or something else?

Shlockjock81
05-17-2011, 04:07 AM
I think the only scene that was edited in the R-rated version was the opening rape and the following dog attack (damage to his leg, arm, neck, etc).

I'm so hyped for this release! It's been a loooooong time coming.

chancetx
05-17-2011, 12:37 PM

Wow, talk about a guilty pleasure flashback! Haven't seen this one in 20+ years. My sister and I used to have the soundtrack on cassette - doubt that one will ever see the light of day on CD.

Jenny! Can't you make your mind up, oh Jenny!...

indrid13
05-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Great news. Cannot wait for these!

maskull
05-19-2011, 02:25 AM
As a TNA fan and more to the point, Winter fan, I say this is pure boners!
http://www.wrestling101.com/home/wp-content/gallery/cache/715__300x408_tna-winter.jpg
I think you mean an IMPACT fan.

Dusk
05-19-2011, 03:11 AM
Just posted this.

http://retroslashers.net/retro-slashers-interview-scorpion-releasing/

Egg_Shen
05-19-2011, 03:23 AM
Just posted this.

Thanks, that was interesting. Glad to know Humongous will not be so dark. I'm wondering how their wrestling hostess was hired. Does she actually like these types of films?

Caspar2112
05-19-2011, 03:41 AM
Can't wait !! The Carpenter, I have been awaiting too long for you !! What a great list.

Dusk
05-19-2011, 04:09 AM
Thanks, that was interesting. Glad to know Humongous will not be so dark. I'm wondering how their wrestling hostess was hired. Does she actually like these types of films?

They tricked her into joining what she thought was a new wrestling league where she would battle foes The Incubus, The Carpenter and Humongous.

Egg_Shen
05-19-2011, 04:13 AM
They tricked her into joining what she thought was a new wrestling league where she would battle foes The Incubus, The Carpenter and Humongous.

Yeah, those sound about right for wrestling names.

Katatonia
05-19-2011, 04:35 AM
Now that's good news:

Retro Slashers: House on Sorority Row was most recently released in 2009 – with this being the third edition, what similarities or differences will it have?

Scorpion: Sorority is now a brand new HD master from the original InterNegative, and will be a progressive scan encode, unlike the previous Liberation DVD edition. We already have 3 new on-camera interviews (actress Harley Jane Kozak, composer Richard Band. and producer Igor Kantor), and are trying to do more, plus all previous extras from the earlier editions are being carried over. We also have about three TV spots that I believe the other DVD editions did not have.

shape22
05-19-2011, 06:19 AM
Just posted this.

Is anyone else disappointed to hear that all of the commentaries will be moderated by Katarina? If moderation is necessary I'd strongly prefer someone with genre credibility.

WesReviews
05-19-2011, 04:49 PM
C'mon guys, chill. It's just a tiny banner at the top. It's not like they're trying to give us THIS...

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51X%2Bdu5PL0L.jpg

:nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous::nervous:

Demoni
05-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Is anyone else disappointed to hear that all of the commentaries will be moderated by Katarina? If moderation is necessary I'd strongly prefer someone with genre credibility.

Not me...

Give the chick a chance and let´s hope for the best.
Maybe it´ll help the cheese factor.

wago70
05-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Some commentaries can be boring. Maybe she'll kick things up a notch

Body Boy
05-25-2011, 12:19 AM
I think the title yet-to-be mentioned is either:

Curtains or Butcher Baker Nightmare Maker.

Shlockjock81
05-25-2011, 12:38 AM

*crosses fingers*

chancetx
05-25-2011, 09:58 AM

Would love either of those (I swear Code Red has been promising "Butcher, Baker" for about 10 years now. Just release it already!)

Any chance for "The Boogens"?

JGrendel
05-25-2011, 10:37 AM
This awesome deffinately picking these up.

FinalSora
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM

Those are both doubtful, especially Curtains.

I am hoping that it's MORTUARY. Scorpion acquired HOSR which was a Liberation/Genius property, and last that I saw Mortuary was on Liberation's roster of unreleased titles.

FinalSora
05-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Any chance for "The Boogens"?

I wish! However, that is impossible since I believe either Lion's Gate or Paramount has the rights to that one.

Katatonia
05-25-2011, 04:26 PM
I wish! However, that is impossible since I believe either Lion's Gate or Paramount has the rights to that one.

It's not impossible if Paramount still controls the domestic rights. They've licensed out many of their films to other studios in the last few years.

However they've indeed licensed some films to Lionsgate, so that could be the confusion with those two studios about the rights for The Boogens.

Shawn Francis
05-25-2011, 05:08 PM
When this news firts broke a emailed Scorpion a list of movies, asking them if any of these were going to be released. THE BOOGENS was on it. They said NOTHING on my list was part of their deal. As far as I know Shout is still trying to get THE BOOGENS from Paramount.

FinalSora
05-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Was MORTUARY on your list? Please say no...;)

Shawn Francis
05-25-2011, 06:04 PM
No, it wasn't. Didn't even think of that one. D'Oh! I can always email them, and ask.

Shawn Francis
05-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I emailed Scorpion about MORTUARY, asking if it was part of this movie deal they made, and he said, "No, but I'll look into it." So, for all you fans, there may still be hope. I never saw MORTUARY. Heard of it, but never saw it.

ronnie21
05-27-2011, 01:15 AM
Mortuary was not that great. it looks really dated. but has some decent nudity and early bill paxton, and that blonde hair dude from humongous. The trailer was better than the movie. and cool poster. I use to have this poster on my wall in 84, i got from a video rental store. it was on the vestron label..

Body Boy
05-27-2011, 02:05 AM
I like dated. It can often add to the feel.

FinalSora
05-27-2011, 07:32 AM
I think Mortuary is a great slasher flick! You got Christopher George, Bill Paxton, and a doomy, off-beat atmosphere. The kill scenes with embalming tools are especially vicious. This deserves a DVD release. It's a real treat for most hardcore slasher fans.

Thanks for inquiring about that one, Shawn!

Demoni
05-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Just give me "Cellar Dweller", "Curtains", "Zone Troopers", "Ghost Town", "Mortuary" and I´m a happy man.

Shawn Francis
05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Just give me "Cellar Dweller", "Curtains", "Zone Troopers", "Ghost Town", "Mortuary" and I´m a happy man.

That list I emailed them had CELLAR DWELLER and GHOST TOWN on it, and, sadly, neither one was acquired in that KATARINA deal. Fuck, I say.

fceurich39
05-27-2011, 08:36 PM
i would love to see chud II bud the chud but lionsgate owns it i think

Demoni
05-27-2011, 08:53 PM
That list I emailed them had CELLAR DWELLER and GHOST TOWN on it, and, sadly, neither one was acquired in that KATARINA deal. Fuck, I say.

Sad, sad... :(

Mortis
06-12-2011, 01:29 AM
Humongous is my shit!

CPT HOOK
06-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Humongous is my shit!

Gross.

WesReviews
06-17-2011, 03:47 PM
Anyone find the cover art for Scorpion's upcoming release of Nothing But the Night, yet?

Shawn Francis
06-24-2011, 03:46 AM
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/3980/5861289839ac5eef3fdb.jpg

http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/429/167903d0.jpg

Steel76
06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Wish they had used something better, like the original poster on "Nothing but the Night", that picture they used just makes it look goofy ;)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/Zorbutsushu/US1sheet.jpg

Body Boy
06-24-2011, 11:36 AM
While I was hoping for Mortuary, Curtains or another lost slasher, The Pyx is a GREAT choice. Fullscreen video transfers like the public domain releases make me sad. This will be a wonderful improvement I hope.

satans-sadists
06-24-2011, 06:54 PM
Wish they had used something better, like the original poster on "Nothing but the Night", that picture they used just makes it look goofy ;)

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff244/Zorbutsushu/US1sheet.jpg

Cool illustrated poster and a much better choice!

fceurich39
06-24-2011, 09:35 PM
dvdaf has humongous listed for oct 18th release date

JGrendel
06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
i would love to see chud II bud the chud but lionsgate owns it i think

Well I'm hoping then that Lionsgate gets off their asses & releases it cause I'd like to see it too.

Body Boy
06-25-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm sure they'll release a nice Bud the Chud DVD, akin to thst beautiful Slaughter High disc from 2009. :X

SaxCatz
07-10-2011, 11:48 PM
These still haven't showed up for pre-order at Amazon.com. I'm hoping that they haven't already run into trouble.

Katatonia
07-11-2011, 12:18 AM
These still haven't showed up for pre-order at Amazon.com. I'm hoping that they haven't already run into trouble.

The first wave of them has been up on Amazon for couple of weeks:

The Devil Within Her (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055HK77O/)
Final Exam (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055HK79C/)

The October wave will probably show up any day now.

SaxCatz
07-11-2011, 01:36 AM
The first wave of them has been up on Amazon for couple of weeks:

The Devil Within Her (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055HK77O/)
Final Exam (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055HK79C/)

The October wave will probably show up any day now.

Great!
I've been checking for October wave titles for several weeks now & thought that they would be up already. Guess I'll just have to be more patient.

Mutilated Prey
07-11-2011, 04:35 AM
Yeah Guy, stop causing a commotion!

ronnie21
07-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Final exam movie ad from 81. PA... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Fm56r7R94YA/SsYtoizGnlI/AAAAAAAAAxg/GyQx7jqHPe8/s1600-h/Scan0007.jpg+final+exam+ads

Mutilated Prey
07-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Graveyard Tramps! Le Choice!

I like how Stripes and Nice Dreams are there too.

ronnie21
07-12-2011, 05:08 AM
81 was a good year for movies..

Erick H.
07-12-2011, 07:00 AM
Final exam movie ad from 81. PA... http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Fm56r7R94YA/SsYtoizGnlI/AAAAAAAAAxg/GyQx7jqHPe8/s1600-h/Scan0007.jpg+final+exam+ads

Cool,I love looking at those old ads.I see OUTLAND was playing.I saw that on a double bill,the second feature was ALIEN . Fun times !

wago70
07-12-2011, 07:01 AM
There were some fine horror films in '81 - the trick (for me) was getting someone older to take me. Looking back, 1980 had its winners as well. 1982 was a fun year where I lived because that's when HUMONGOUS showed up...right in the middle of summer. I saw it with THE THING at the 2nd run theater in Reno (before sneaking into another auditorium to see "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"...and trying to find a seat in a packed house). Good times.
But 1980 - 1981 really ruled.

ronnie21
07-12-2011, 12:50 PM
I was 9 in summer of 82. never even heard of humongous until a yr later when it came on cable. But the 2 big movies all the teenagers were talking about that summer were fast times and how funny and dirty it was, and Friday the 13th 3 in 3D, the kids went nuts over this and went back to see it 2 . 3 times. I wanted so bad to see that in 3D. till this day i keep hearing that no 3d movie has ever come close to how cool the 3d effects were..

ronnie21
07-12-2011, 12:56 PM
I think 83 wasnt as good of a year for horror movies. it started to die down by then. We had house on sorority row and psycho 2.. but the slashers were pretty much 80-82

Body Boy
07-12-2011, 07:15 PM
I always thought of the slashers as being from 1980-1984.

And I disagree about '83 not being a good year for horror. Slasherwise, I still think the wagon was turning.

My favorites of 1983:

-Sleepaway Camp
-House on Sorority Row
-Psycho II
-Mortuary
-Curtains
-Night Warning
-Blade in the Dark
-The Final Terror
-American Nightmare

If you want to count Mountaintop Motel Massacre and Blood Rage as films that were 'supposed' to come out in '83, then I would. But I do think the well was drying up by this point. This is true.

Demoni
07-13-2011, 01:07 AM
(before sneaking into another auditorium to see "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"...and trying to find a seat in a packed house).

And how many times after that did you masturbate to Phoebe Cates boobs??? :D ;)

ronnie21
07-13-2011, 02:14 AM
yo, people still till this day are wacking to phoebe cates pool scene.. I bet that was some cutting edge stuff in 1982.. Funny thing is too, earlier in 82. i think around may, Cates was all naked in a blue lagoon rip off called PARADISE...

wago70
07-13-2011, 05:10 AM
I remember the more we went to slasher movies in the 1983, the more obnoxious the audiences were. In 1981, people actually screamed (HELL NIGHT and HALLOWEEN II were just awesome because the audience was really into them. I remember the entire theater foot stamping in HELL NIGHT when Andrew rises from the floor behind Marti and Jeff...everyone screaming for them to turn around.) By 1983...when we saw CURTAINS, MORTUARY, HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW people were making fun of the characters and booing the final girl. It was a totally different vibe and I think everyone was jaded by then. However, a few films called GATES OF HELL and NIGHT OF THE ZOMBIES came out and nobody laughed at them. GATES OF HELL ( you know this movie, fans ) had a really morbid tone (at least back then). There were no screams in my theater but lots and LOTS of people squirming in their seats and some people ran out of the theater when that girls eyes started bleeding and then...
Anyway, not to venture to far off. By 1986, 1987 I was already nostalgic for all those films because the era passed to damn fast and horror films weren't the same (although it's too easy now to lump all of the 1980's together...it really wasn't that way then. Every few years was an entirely different era altogether.)
HUMONGOUS didn't catch on even though it was from the makers of PROM NIGHT. Most of all, I feel so lucky to have seen those films in the theaters.

Body Boy
07-14-2011, 12:03 AM
You're VERY lucky. I'm envious.

I think of 80s horror (& slashers) as 1980-1984, 1985-1987, and 1988-1990.

I may have been born in 1991, but I notice a CLEAR difference in the feel of the films between '84 and '86. And I don't like the change. Only Slaughter High among a few others kept the dark tone correctly, and even then, it was shot in 84 so it makes some sense. 1985 was the last year slashers kept things dark, imo. Though it was obvious comedy was setting. But just look at Elm Street and Friday the 13th for examples. Both Jason Lives and Dream Warriors changed their take entirely after the darkness that was Elm Street 1 & 2 and Friday I to V.

SickNick89
07-14-2011, 12:51 AM
You're VERY lucky. I'm envious.

I think of 80s horror (& slashers) as 1980-1984, 1985-1987, and 1988-1990.

I may have been born in 1991, but I notice a CLEAR difference in the feel of the films between '84 and '86. And I don't like the change. Only Slaughter High among a few others kept the dark tone correctly, and even then, it was shot in 84 so it makes some sense. 1985 was the last year slashers kept things dark, imo. Though it was obvious comedy was setting. But just look at Elm Street and Friday the 13th for examples. Both Jason Lives and Dream Warriors changed their take entirely after the darkness that was Elm Street 1 & 2 and Friday I to V.

I was born in 1977 and I too felt the same way. My breakdown would be 1980-1984, 1985, 1986-1989. The friday the 13th films break down the same way for me. Part 5 was the last one with that old, early 80's, low budget mean spirited feel, Pat 6 which was 1986 is def the turning point for me as that film feels glossy, more production value and more like a "movie".

Body Boy
07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
I was born in 1977 and I too felt the same way. My breakdown would be 1980-1984, 1985, 1986-1989. The friday the 13th films break down the same way for me. Part 5 was the last one with that old, early 80's, low budget mean spirited feel, Pat 6 which was 1986 is def the turning point for me as that film feels glossy, more production value and more like a "movie".

You know, I didn't want give a section of the years with just 1985, or 1985-1986, but truth be told I actually agree with those breakdowns more than the one I gave.

1980-1984
1986-1990

...Though a film like Just Before Dawn and The Initiation are obviously more than a couple years apart, they still feel like companion slashers when put together side by side. Blood Tracks and Hills Have Eyes II, while dark, showcase the campiness that was to follow. Sort of a blend of the two world in '85. I sometimes think of 1980-1985 together, but 85 also conjures memories of Blood Cult, Horror House on Highway 5 and uh...other such films that I'd rather not associate with the golden age.

1986 saw F13:JL, Killer Party, Killer Workout, April Fool's Day, Sorority House Massacre and Slaughter High. While I like some of these (actually, I like them all, but LOVE specific ones) it just took the campiness of '85 to a level that was a few steps too far and lighthearted to lump with the gritty 70s-early 80s. AFD is great the way it is, Slaughter High seems more like a 1985 film, and the two Killers are entertaining in a comedy way. But...

Well, if you take a film from 1986 and compare it with 1989's Cutting Class, Intruder or Moon Stalker, you can easily see a difference in production and filming style. This comparison could cause someone to stretch their golden age up to 1986, but really, after 85, that hint of classicness just vanished. And I for one am kinda pissed off that we only received five to six full years in the 80s of it when there should have been ten.

Nailwraps
08-03-2011, 05:18 AM
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm

"Here are the full details of the upcoming DVDs of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER and FINAL EXAM, both due out on 9/20 from Scorpion Releasing. THE DEVIL WITHIN HER: Hollywood legend JOAN COLLINS teams up with cult stars DONALD PLEASENCE and CAROLINE MUNRO in this terrifying tale of a demonic baby! A male baby is born with an in-built hatred of people. For his parents, Lucy and Gino (Joan Collins and Ralph Bates), his hatred is particularly strong and soon his strength has increased to almost super-human proportions. As he continues to inflict injury, doctors are baffled as to the cause. But a nun (Eileen Atkins) is convinced that the baby is possessed. Initially dismissed by the medical establishment, the events take such a murderous turn that few can afford to ignore the nun’s warnings. Special Features: Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater; 16x9 widescreen; Interview with star John Steiner; Original Trailer and Reversible sleeve with and without Katarina's banner. FINAL EXAM: At Lanier College, the semester is almost over. Exam week is coming to a close when some upper classmen play a prank by staging a phony terrorist attack. But the next excitement in the school won't be a prank. It's something a lot more final than an exam. Students are falling prey to the knife-wielding maniac who is hell bent on making sure that school is out... forever! Now watch the slasher classic in an all new HiDef master from the original camera negatives! FINAL EXAM is back, with a vengeance! Special Features: Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater; 16x9 widescreen from a Brand New HD master from the original Negatives; Audio commentary from producer Myron Meisel moderated by Katarina Leigh Waters; On Camera Interviews with stars Cecil Bagdadi, Joel S. Rice and Sherri Willis Burch; Original Trailer and Reversible sleeve with and without. Katarina's banner. MSRP on both is $19.95. Katarina Leigh Waters is a former WWE Diva, and current star of Impact Wrestling, as well as an actress in several upcoming projects. Scorpion's next release, a special edition DVD of WHERE THE BOYS ARE '84, will be released on 8/23."

Happy as a clam! :D

JGrendel
08-03-2011, 06:36 AM
http://www.dvddrive-in.com/index.htm

"Here are the full details of the upcoming DVDs of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER and FINAL EXAM, both due out on 9/20 from Scorpion Releasing. THE DEVIL WITHIN HER: Hollywood legend JOAN COLLINS teams up with cult stars DONALD PLEASENCE and CAROLINE MUNRO in this terrifying tale of a demonic baby! A male baby is born with an in-built hatred of people. For his parents, Lucy and Gino (Joan Collins and Ralph Bates), his hatred is particularly strong and soon his strength has increased to almost super-human proportions. As he continues to inflict injury, doctors are baffled as to the cause. But a nun (Eileen Atkins) is convinced that the baby is possessed. Initially dismissed by the medical establishment, the events take such a murderous turn that few can afford to ignore the nun’s warnings. Special Features: Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater; 16x9 widescreen; Interview with star John Steiner; Original Trailer and Reversible sleeve with and without Katarina's banner. FINAL EXAM: At Lanier College, the semester is almost over. Exam week is coming to a close when some upper classmen play a prank by staging a phony terrorist attack. But the next excitement in the school won't be a prank. It's something a lot more final than an exam. Students are falling prey to the knife-wielding maniac who is hell bent on making sure that school is out... forever! Now watch the slasher classic in an all new HiDef master from the original camera negatives! FINAL EXAM is back, with a vengeance! Special Features: Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater; 16x9 widescreen from a Brand New HD master from the original Negatives; Audio commentary from producer Myron Meisel moderated by Katarina Leigh Waters; On Camera Interviews with stars Cecil Bagdadi, Joel S. Rice and Sherri Willis Burch; Original Trailer and Reversible sleeve with and without. Katarina's banner. MSRP on both is $19.95. Katarina Leigh Waters is a former WWE Diva, and current star of Impact Wrestling, as well as an actress in several upcoming projects. Scorpion's next release, a special edition DVD of WHERE THE BOYS ARE '84, will be released on 8/23."

Happy as a clam! :D

Not so happy that I'll have to double dip on final exam to get the new bonus features.

Demoni
08-03-2011, 07:10 AM
In an interview in Retro Slashers, Scorpion told them that all previous extras from Final Exam will be there as well.

So, where is the original commentary?

Katatonia
08-07-2011, 08:57 AM
The next wave of titles are up for pre-order at Amazon:

Humongous (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CVFZ66/)

The Pyx (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CVFZ34/)

Nothing But The Night (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CVFZ4I/)

ronnie21
08-07-2011, 03:55 PM
can't wait to see a review on humongous.. Just hope its not a first review on just the film, I hate when you are waiting to see how the transfer or picture looks, and it's a review for the actual film and not the quality or extras of the dvd. I remember when i found the first review for EVILSPEAK, the guy just reviewed the movie and not the quality. Why bother,

SaxCatz
08-07-2011, 05:09 PM
At $13.99 I'll be waiting for a review too. If the PQ is good, and you can tell what is going on in the movie, then I'll be happy to shell out. However, Scorpion is a bit of an unknown in my book and I don't implicitly trust them like I do BU, so we'll have to see...

Myron Breck
08-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I didn't like THE PYX at all, but maybe it was partially due to the miserable transfer...? Then again, maybe it just sucked.
Has anyone seen it anywhere else besides the current DVD?

Katatonia
08-07-2011, 07:11 PM
At $13.99 I'll be waiting for a review too. If the PQ is good, and you can tell what is going on in the movie, then I'll be happy to shell out. However, Scorpion is a bit of an unknown in my book and I don't implicitly trust them like I do BU, so we'll have to see...

Scorpion's DVD releases in the past (Silent Scream, Zombie Nightmare, Cheerleaders Wild Weekend, Power Play, etc..) have been very solid as far as both the transfers and extra features go.

MorallySound
08-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm glad these will all have reversible covers without the Katrina banners.

Shawn Francis
08-13-2011, 03:46 AM
There's a facebook page called, Canuxploitation: Your Complete Guide to Canadian B-Film, and they just made a post about HUMONGOUS. Here's what they said: "Watching an advance copy of the upcoming HUMONGOUS DVD--print is much improved over VHS versions . . . It's still a dark film by design but much improved over what I've seen before."

Mutilated Prey
08-13-2011, 05:23 AM
There's a facebook page called, Canuxploitation: Your Complete Guide to Canadian B-Film, and they just made a post about HUMONGOUS. Here's what they said: "Watching an advance copy of the upcoming HUMONGOUS DVD--print is much improved over VHS versions . . . It's still a dark film by design but much improved over what I've seen before."

I'm not surprised it's still somewhat dark as I suppose there was not a whole lot of wiggle room from the negatives. As long as it's crisper and uncut I'm a happy camper.

maskull
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm glad it's a little lighter. I just hope it's enough that I can actually tell what's going on. Sounds promising though.

eric_angelus
08-13-2011, 06:21 PM
I'm glad these will all have reversible covers without the Katrina banners.

You and me both.

Body Boy
08-14-2011, 10:14 AM
Think of Humongous in terms of Prom Night's darkness. Sure, the scenes of footsteps sneaking up behind Kelly are tough to notice, but most of the film is completely viewable. I await this classic eagerly!

wago70
08-15-2011, 02:13 AM
Oh, I remember the horror scenes in HUMONGOUS being pretty dark in at the cinema when I saw it in the summer of 1982.
I also remember PROM NIGHT being a "foggy" looking movie at the cinema but I liked that look.
To my eyes, I caught things in HUMONGOUS on the Vhs and Showtime that I missed at the cinema.
On the other hand, for some reason, I recall the opening rape scene showing more when I saw it at the picture show compared to the Vhs. It's been a while but I could have sworn it was edited and even missing a shot of Page Fletcher's buns.

ronnie21
08-15-2011, 11:25 PM
Wow, lucky you to have seen both movies on the big screen.. i was only 9 when it came out.

wago70
08-16-2011, 01:22 AM
Yeah, it was cools. I was 12 at the time and I was with a 16 year old cousin. They didn't even card us. HUMONGOUS was first and it wasn't the most thrilling slasher (I was spoiled by FRIDAY THE 13TH) and I was still a little puzzled about the lead villian - WHAT is it? I couldn't tell if it was deformed (like the misleading poster art) or just a wild child filmed in shadows. From the makers of PROM NIGHT, I was disappointed that a more exciting final showdown wasn't played out.
There was a second feature (yes, first run and this film was given a co feature for indoor theater - a rarity!) and it was a doozy: THE THING.

russweiss
08-16-2011, 01:32 AM
Oh, I remember the horror scenes in HUMONGOUS being pretty dark in at the cinema when I saw it in the summer of 1982.
I also remember PROM NIGHT being a "foggy" looking movie at the cinema but I liked that look.
To my eyes, I caught things in HUMONGOUS on the Vhs and Showtime that I missed at the cinema.
On the other hand, for some reason, I recall the opening rape scene showing more when I saw it at the picture show compared to the Vhs. It's been a while but I could have sworn it was edited and even missing a shot of Page Fletcher's buns.

The rape scene was more intact in the theater. My roommate at the time saw the film several times in the theater and complained about the cuts when we saw the film on VHS. I'll certainly pick up the DVD unless the quality is terrible.

promnight13
08-16-2011, 02:37 AM
Has anyone confirmed that the (highly entertaining in itself) theatrical trailer for HUMONGOUS will be on the Scorpion DVD release?

ArrowBeach
08-16-2011, 03:01 AM
I emailed them, and they confirmed yes.

promnight13
08-16-2011, 03:19 PM
Thanks ArrowBeach! The trailer is awesome IMO.

Mutilated Prey
08-20-2011, 04:31 AM
I was about to go pre-order Humongous and the Amazon fockers bumped it up to $17.99! Who's our cheapest bet right now? I'm waiting on DVD Pacific.

Mutilated Prey
08-20-2011, 08:35 AM
Well, things happen for a reason. Got a $10 coupon from DDD and pre-ordered for $5.33 :glasses:

ronnie21
08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
can't wait to see some reviews for this...hope the transfers better than the dorm that dripped blood.. That was too grainy and the colors were so dull...

satans-sadists
08-25-2011, 06:19 PM
DVD Drive-In review of The Devil Within Her: http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/devilwithinher75.htm

Demoni
08-25-2011, 07:47 PM
DVD Drive-In review of The Devil Within Her: http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/a-d/devilwithinher75.htm

A great start to "Katrina’s Nightmare Theater" series... will pre-order this soon.

Now, I want to see a review of "Final Exam"...

rhett
08-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Now, I want to see a review of "Final Exam"...

There will be a comparison review here on the site once the screener makes its little way to Canada.

CPT HOOK
08-25-2011, 10:00 PM
There will be a comparison review here on the site once the screener makes its little way to Canada.

Nice! I'm curious about this "new transfer" but I don't love the movie enough to double dip.

Demoni
08-26-2011, 07:15 AM

Great.

JGrendel
08-26-2011, 08:28 AM
Nice! I'm curious about this "new transfer" but I don't love the movie enough the double dip.

Yeah I know, I already own a copy of this film & they go & do this bastards!!!!!

Erick H.
08-26-2011, 08:47 AM
I already have a British release of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER under the title THE MONSTER.It came in a box set with the anthology THE UNCANNY and Hammer's HANDS OF THE RIPPER.Those were all good copies,I'll have to see some comparrisons before I double dip.

JGrendel
08-26-2011, 08:48 AM
I already have a British release of THE DEVIL WITHIN HER under the title THE MONSTER.It came in a box set with the anthology THE UNCANNY and Hammer's HANDS OF THE RIPPER.Those were all good copies,I'll have to see some comparrisons before I double dip.

Same here.

Katatonia
08-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Yeah I know, I already own a copy of this film & they go & do this bastards!!!!!

True, but to be fair the disc has been OOP for quite some time now and it is a different studio releasing it.

rhett
08-26-2011, 07:18 PM
Nice! I'm curious about this "new transfer" but I don't love the movie enough the double dip.

Blasphemy!!!

http://dvdmedia.ign.com/dvd/image/article/924/924541/final-exam-20081028113646233-000.jpg

JGrendel
08-26-2011, 11:41 PM
True, but to be fair the disc has been OOP for quite some time now and it is a different studio releasing it.

I understand that, what irks me is that I would rather spend my money on the movies I don't have instead of having to upgrade the ones I do.

Erick H.
08-27-2011, 10:15 AM
In this economy my purchases are WAY down.

rhett
08-27-2011, 12:06 PM
I understand that, what irks me is that I would rather spend my money on the movies I don't have instead of having to upgrade the ones I do.

Sorry buddy, but you're going to have to upgrade! Scorpion's FINAL EXAM is a great improvement both for audio and video:

HORROR DIGITAL Review (http://horrordigital.com/viewarticle.php?articleid=911)

JGrendel
08-27-2011, 12:35 PM
Sorry buddy, but you're going to have to upgrade! Scorpion's FINAL EXAM is a great improvement both for audio and video:

Damn it!!!!

Stige
08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
crap....
I dread hearing how house on sorority row, and incubus are major improvtments as well...... ( just thinking a worst case scenario):nervous:

oh well double triple and quadruple dips are nothing new to me anymore:rolleyes:

Katatonia
08-27-2011, 02:11 PM

WOW! :eek1: That's a pretty massive jump in visuals, for DVD that is.

I'm glad I pre-ordered it early when it was cheap!

I've been very impressed with all of Scorpion's DVD releases in the past. They truly seem to care about getting a professional job done on their releases.

CPT HOOK
08-27-2011, 05:45 PM
I've been very impressed with all of Scorpion's DVD releases in the past. They truly seem to care about getting a professional job done on their releases.

I agree. I'd love to see them enter the blu-ray game. Then I wouldn't hesitate about upgrading Final Exam and House On Sorority Row.

Mutilated Prey
08-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I agree. I'd love to see them enter the blu-ray game. Then I wouldn't hesitate about upgrading Final Exam and House On Sorority Row.

You make a good point. Could we be seeing these titles on Blu in the future? Scorpion seems to have their act together a little bit better than Code Red (no offense - I love Code Red). I wonder if I should just hold off. With my luck these Scorpion titles will go OOP and there will be no Blu's :mad:

JGrendel
08-27-2011, 09:28 PM
You make a good point. Could we be seeing these titles on Blu in the future? Scorpion seems to have their act together a little bit better than Code Red (no offense - I love Code Red). I wonder if I should just hold off. With my luck these Scorpion titles will go OOP and there will be no Blu's :mad:

Yeah I hear ya on that one, would all these titles in blu. I'm still on the fence about having to upgrade films I already own on dvd.

Body Boy
08-27-2011, 09:34 PM
OMG! The jump up in quality is amazing. :o Paired with more features and the original poster art...DAMN! I may actually double dip on this. But I have to get Humongous first!

Nailwraps
08-27-2011, 09:40 PM
Man, that new Final Exam transfer is off the hook! :D

Katatonia
08-28-2011, 11:25 PM
2nd review for Final Exam: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50563/final-exam/

ronnie21
08-29-2011, 03:41 AM
looks like the picture rating went from a one and a half stars to 3 and a half. thats quite an upgrade...

elDomenechHDG
08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm going to double dip on Final Exam because I love the movie and want the best possible version of it but I don't consider these versions "upgrades" because they're still DVD only. DVD is a low resolution format, just like VHS was inferior to DVD. Any true upgrade will be when these hit Blu-ray. I don't see that happening any time soon so there's another reason for me to get these.

Shawn Francis
08-29-2011, 05:11 PM
elDomenechHDG? Luis, is this you?

elDomenechHDG
08-29-2011, 06:25 PM
elDomenechHDG? Luis, is this you?

Hey, Shawn. Yeah - I finally decided to join. Actually, I was theoretically already a member but for some reason I was unable to post so I had to re-enlist using a different email address. The "HDG" in my username is for Horror Digital. I see you changed your avatar.

Shawn Francis
08-29-2011, 07:25 PM
About time. I noticed on HTF, one time, you mentioned that you come here for all you horror needs. Kept, wondering why you just don't join the forum? Moot point now that you're here. Yeah, since AV Maniacs has gone down hill with Horror news/announcements, this is the better place. Using the photo I used to use on my facebook page. Got bored with the other one.

Katatonia
09-01-2011, 04:19 AM
Review of The Devil Within Her: http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50565/devil-within-her/

satans-sadists
09-04-2011, 07:09 PM
DVD Drive-In review of Final Exam: http://www.dvddrive-in.com/reviews/e-h/finalexam81.htm

Katatonia
09-05-2011, 07:56 PM
DVD Beaver review of Final Exam: http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film3/dvd_reviews54/final_exam.htm

CPT HOOK
09-05-2011, 09:07 PM
^ DVDBeaver review says there is a promo reel on the disc. Should give us some idea of how Humongous will look.

Nailwraps
09-05-2011, 10:34 PM
That promo reel is also part of the Katrina's Nightmare Theater option (just so you know).

ronnie21
09-06-2011, 12:48 AM
wow, this transfer looks more and more better. can't wait.. wish it had some good t.v. spots on it too

DVD Connoisseur
09-06-2011, 08:39 PM
Whoa, a spammer was able to post on here?!? I haven't seen that happen here in a loooong time. :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Temporary blip. Normal service has now been resumed.;)

crikan
09-09-2011, 08:22 PM
THE DEVIL WITHIN HER and FINAL EXAM were available for pre-order many weeks ago at DVD Pacific but none of the Katrina’s Nightmares are showing up. They appear to be the cheapest so I wish they’d hurry up and at least get THE PYX and HUMONGOUS up for pre-order.

fallon6190
09-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Yup can't wait to get HUMONGOUS on DVD.

Demoni
09-14-2011, 10:07 PM
Besides Humongous what is the other title slated for October?

Katatonia
09-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Besides Humongous what is the other title slated for October?

The Pyx and Nothing But The Night.

Demoni
09-15-2011, 07:16 AM
The Pyx and Nothing But The Night.

Thanks.

foller
09-15-2011, 04:52 PM
THE DEVIL WITHIN HER and FINAL EXAM were available for pre-order many weeks ago at DVD Pacific but none of the Katrina’s Nightmares are showing up. They appear to be the cheapest so I wish they’d hurry up and at least get THE PYX and HUMONGOUS up for pre-order.

Preorderd 'Humongous' yesterday from DVD Pacific for 10,98 $
They also have The Pyx and Nothing but the night for 8,23$

Katatonia
09-17-2011, 05:09 PM
It looks like Humongous has been pushed back to November 15th, according to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CVFZ66/).

Body Boy
09-17-2011, 10:39 PM
It looks like Humongous has been pushed back to November 15th, according to Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CVFZ66/).

For once, I'm happy about something like this.
As my most anticipated release of the year, I can't wait to buy it, and since I'm having money problems atm, buying shall commence when I actually have something! Yay! Lol

JGrendel
09-17-2011, 11:14 PM

I'm hoping this is a good thing like their tweaking any kinks out of it kinda thing.

ronnie21
09-20-2011, 03:35 AM
hoping to get my FINAL EXAM tomorrow..I ordered last week from amazon.. can;t wait to see how good the transfer is. Never got the last one from a few years ago.. after reading the reviews of how bad the picture was..

elDomenechHDG
09-20-2011, 02:16 PM
The ONE Scorpion title I'm dying to get my hands on and it gets pushed back? Oh, well - plenty of other goodies to enjoy until November.

ronnie21
09-21-2011, 11:47 PM
looks like i wont get my Final Exam till friday. oh well, should have paid the extra 10 bucks to get it delivered on the release date.. since i dont buy that many dvds a year. I never temp going to any store like best buy anymore for these rare obscure horror dvds/blu-rays. which you know they wont carry..

Demoni
09-22-2011, 12:29 AM
I like old school horror but I never saw "Nothing But The Night" and "The Pyx".

Are they any good?

crikan
09-22-2011, 03:10 PM
looks like i wont get my Final Exam till friday. oh well, should have paid the extra 10 bucks to get it delivered on the release date.. since i dont buy that many dvds a year. I never temp going to any store like best buy anymore for these rare obscure horror dvds/blu-rays. which you know they wont carry..

I got mine yesterday from DVD Pacific (along with THE DEVIL WITHIN HER, HAUNTED, and the first Maria B double feature. )

ronnie21
09-23-2011, 01:04 AM
got final exam today. WOW, on the transfer. the best i ever seen it look..

ronnie21
09-24-2011, 02:05 PM
question about the old final exam dvd. hows the commentary on that one??? is it good???:o

ronnie21
09-25-2011, 09:47 PM
another question about final exam, why did wildman bum rush the killer. did he know he was a problem, or did he think it was a joke?

DVD-fanatic-9
09-26-2011, 07:22 PM
I just saw the Humongous trailer a couple months ago and it's #1 on my MUST SEE list. I will blind-buy this in a heartbeat.

ronnie21
09-26-2011, 10:52 PM
humongous is a great little horror film thats creepy too and it was shot around august and september of 1981 in canada...

JGrendel
09-26-2011, 11:58 PM
The price is pretty good which is nice.

CPT HOOK
09-27-2011, 12:35 AM
I finally pre-ordered Humongous from DVDPacific. Along with Code Red's Night Of The Demon.

Can't wait for these!

nateynate87
09-29-2011, 02:59 AM
According to amazon humongous has been pushed back to November 15th.

Mutilated Prey
09-29-2011, 03:34 AM
Such a friggin' tease! They're just danglin' that damn carrot in front of our faces - Hurry Guy!!!

Katatonia
09-29-2011, 04:24 AM
According to amazon humongous has been pushed back to November 15th.

The delay was posted previously in this thread about 11 days ago: http://horrordvds.com/vb3forum/showpost.php?p=688007&postcount=197

fceurich39
09-29-2011, 06:34 PM
any news or reason for the delay?

Demoni
09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
I´m in doubt about ordering "Nothing But The Night" and "The Pyx"

I like old school horror but I never saw none of them.

Are they any good?

ian
10-05-2011, 04:25 PM
Katarina spills the beans on a few new titles in our interview here (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?1926-Katarina-Speaks!-An-Interview-With-Wrestling-Star-And-Horror-Hostess-Katarina-Leigh-Waters).

Anyone else LOVE Devil Within Her? Best movie ever.

jstell
10-05-2011, 06:12 PM
That figures. I just broke down and got the Region 2 release of The Fantasist about a month ago.

crikan
10-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Katarina spills the beans on a few new titles in our interview here (http://www.rockshockpop.com/forums/content.php?1926-Katarina-Speaks!-An-Interview-With-Wrestling-Star-And-Horror-Hostess-Katarina-Leigh-Waters).

Anyone else LOVE Devil Within Her? Best movie ever.

Awesome scoop Ian

ronnie21
10-05-2011, 10:18 PM
katrina reminds of caroline monroe.

Body Boy
10-05-2011, 10:23 PM
Excellent! Now I can stop posting as different people on Code Red's blog, bothering them about releasing DOUBLE EXPOSURE! :D I always get what I want. Hahaha

ronnie21
10-06-2011, 12:18 AM
i remember double exposure, seen it on cable in summer of 83. is this the one where the killer puts a trash bag with a snake over the girls head??

Demoni
10-06-2011, 07:13 AM
Excellent! Now I can stop posting as different people on Code Red's blog, bothering them about releasing DOUBLE EXPOSURE! :D I always get what I want. Hahaha

Is this the same Double Exposure that is constantly released on the Mill Creek packs?

If so, I´ve got to check this movie out.

ArrowBeach
10-06-2011, 11:00 PM
i remember double exposure, seen it on cable in summer of 83. is this the one where the killer puts a trash bag with a snake over the girls head??

Yep, a rather creative "kill"!

eric_angelus
10-07-2011, 12:23 AM
I just watched Final Exam and was pretty pleased with the presentation. The movie looked great, and Katarina's presence was reasonably low key. Thankfully there was not the wrestling vibe present in her intro or outro that I was fearing. She's no Elvira, but I can deal with her.

ronnie21
10-07-2011, 12:45 AM
the funny thing is, shes so young to remember all these early 80's movies she presenting..

ronnie21
10-09-2011, 03:50 PM
I can't to read the first review for Humongous.. should be soon...I would love to know how the picture quality is gonna be...

rhett
10-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Scorpion has revealed the covers and full details for their upcoming NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT and THE PYX DVDs:

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5911&stc=1&d=1318319344

THE PYX

Two Academy Award® nominated actors, CHRISTOPHER PLUMMER and KAREN BLACK, join forces in this suspense thriller about the murder of a prostitute with satanic overtones. Police sergeant Henderson (Academy Award® nominee Christopher Plummer, SOUND OF MUSIC, STAR TREK VI, MURDER BY DECREE, SOMEWHERE IN TIME) investigates the murder of prostitute Elizabeth Lucy (Academy Award® nominee Karen Black, FIVE EASY PIECES, DAY OF THE LOCUST, FAMILY PLOT). Around her neck she was wearing an upside down cross, and clutched in her fist, a locket, both unusal for a high class call girl. Will Henderson solve her murder? Now watch this in an all new HiDef master from the original camera negatives, in its original scope ratio!

Special Features:

Play with or without Katarina's Nightmare Theater
16x9 2:35 scope widescreen from a Brand New HD master from the original Camera Negatives
Audio commentary from star Karen Black
Original Trailer
Reversible sleeve with and without Katarina's banner

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5910&stc=1&d=1318319337

NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT

Masters of horror SIR CHRISTOPHER LEE and PETER CUSHING pair up in this spine-tingling gothic thriller! When a Scottish island orphanage is inundated by a rash of cold-blooded murders, Special Bureau Chief Bingham (Lee, DRACULA PRINCE OF DARKNESS, THE WICKER MAN, THE MUMMY) of Scotland Yard is dispatched to investigate. He and his ally (Cushing, STAR WARS, THE CREEPING FLESH, SHE, FRANKENSTEIN AND THE MONSTER FROM HELL), a hospital pathologist, begin to uncover a series of bizarre and baffling clues.

Special Features:

16x9 widescreen
Liner Notes by Christopher Gullo, author of Peter Cushing biography, "In All Sincerity...Peter Cushing".
Original Trailer

Both retail for $14.95 and hit October 18th.

dave13
10-11-2011, 03:39 PM
I've never heard of nothing but the night, but im interested. it seems like its a rare film that puts cushing and lee on the same side of things (like the hound of the baskervilles), so count me in.

Demoni
10-11-2011, 08:27 PM
And can someone confirm if "Nothing But The Night" and "The Pyx" are worth getting?

crikan
10-11-2011, 09:27 PM
^^ I'm getting THE PYX based off the cool trailer and positive IMDB reviews. Having recently watched SEPARATE WAYS and KILLER FISH, I'm also looking forward to seeing more Karen Black.

I'm on the fence with NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT.

Demoni
10-12-2011, 12:00 AM
^^ I'm getting THE PYX based off the cool trailer and positive IMDB reviews. Having recently watched SEPARATE WAYS and KILLER FISH, I'm also looking forward to seeing more Karen Black.

I'm on the fence with NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT.

Well, to tell you the truth, I watched both trailers on their previous releases and I didn´t enjoy the trailers from "THE PYX" and "NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT" so I´m somehow counting on you fine folks to advised me on this.

The only positive and at the same time negative remark I saw on the web was for "NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT" and it said that is was kind of a "Wicker Man" but made in a weaker way.

Vortex
10-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Well, to tell you the truth, I watched both trailers on their previous releases and I didn´t enjoy the trailers from "THE PYX" and "NOTHING BUT THE NIGHT" so I´m somehow counting on you fine folks to advised me on this.

The Pyx came highly recommended by board member Cujo108 and that's good enough for me. I've yet to be disappointed by one of his suggestions. Nothing but the Night is one I've been intrigued by since reading about it in a reference book so I'm probably ordering it too. More Cushing and Lee never hurts.

Erick H.
10-12-2011, 06:45 AM
I'm really looking forward to these.

startide
10-12-2011, 11:30 PM
Nothing But the Night is pretty ordinary, not really a horror film, but with the mention of The Wicker Man I get the connection now (I hated that film, FWIW).

Maybe if you liked/loved The Wicker Man you might enjoy it, but looking back on it, I enjoyed the former more than the latter, so I don't know what that says about me, but yeah, pass on Nothing But the Night if you aren't sure. The performances are OK and the cinematography was reasonably pretty from what I remember (I taped it off TV, back in the day when I could see Hammer and others on TV), but overall it's nothing particularly special or memorable, other than to see Cushing and Lee together, again.

Demoni
10-13-2011, 12:11 AM
Nothing But the Night is pretty ordinary, not really a horror film, but with the mention of The Wicker Man I get the connection now (I hated that film, FWIW).

Maybe if you liked/loved The Wicker Man you might enjoy it, but looking back on it, I enjoyed the former more than the latter, so I don't know what that says about me, but yeah, pass on Nothing But the Night if you aren't sure. The performances are OK and the cinematography was reasonably pretty from what I remember (I taped it off TV, back in the day when I could see Hammer and others on TV), but overall it's nothing particularly special or memorable, other than to see Cushing and Lee together, again.

Give The Wicker Man another chance... the first time I saw it I hated it... it was only on my third viewing (I have a friend that is a real fan and he was constantly bugging me so see it) that I started to like it, and now I love it.

Like I said earlier, the thing that let me down was when someone said that it was a weaker Wicker Man.

startide
10-19-2011, 02:03 AM
Give The Wicker Man another chance... the first time I saw it I hated it... it was only on my third viewing (I have a friend that is a real fan and he was constantly bugging me so see it) that I started to like it, and now I love it.

I'll have to take your word for it. I had read lots about it (as much as one could, pre internet anyway) and when it finally appeared in the TV guide early one morning I fired up the VCR. So what did I get when I finally sat down to watch it? A fucking musical! That was the one thing that wasn't mentioned in all I had read. I can tolerate numerous things in horror, but horror + musical isn't on the list.

Myron Breck
10-19-2011, 02:22 AM
I watched the wretched, washed-out DVD of THE PYX years ago and didn't care for it, but I am going to pick this up anyway. Karen Black's commentary tracks are always bizarre and totally self-absorbed--LOVE HER.

MaxRenn
10-19-2011, 02:26 AM
The Pyx deserves to be more widely known. It is an excellent movie whose unusual structure works in its favor as the film builds to its conclusion. It features good work by Black and Plummer and I am really looking forward to a widescreen DVD as I have only seen it on a poor quality VHS.

Nothing But the Night is not as good but is worth a look for Cushing and Lee fans and there is also a good part for Diana Dors.

Demoni
10-19-2011, 07:09 AM
I'll have to take your word for it. I had read lots about it (as much as one could, pre internet anyway) and when it finally appeared in the TV guide early one morning I fired up the VCR. So what did I get when I finally sat down to watch it? A fucking musical! That was the one thing that wasn't mentioned in all I had read. I can tolerate numerous things in horror, but horror + musical isn't on the list.

C´mon... you´re too harsh. A musical?

The film is about a cult, so is normal that you have some songs when the cult is on screen but classify it as a musical goes a long way.

crikan
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
I got THE PYX last night. DVDPacific has been really good about getting these to me on or before the release date even with standard shipping.

Calling THE PYX a horror film is a stretch. There is nothing even remotely horror until the final 10 minutes and even that is very tame. Its really a murder mystery type thriller. Most of the screen time is police investigation and Karen Black dealing with addiction. It’s overly long and too many scenes really drag. The structure of the film and some good performances are the only thing that allowed me to finish it. The finale was nothing special. Its really forgettable and Katrina’s skit added nothing. I dig Karen Black so I might give the commentary track a spin.

ronnie21
10-20-2011, 12:59 AM
still no info or reviews about humongous.. hopefully soon...

Demoni
10-20-2011, 01:21 AM
still no info or reviews about humongous.. hopefully soon...

But Humongous was delayed to November 15... almost a month from now.

startide
10-20-2011, 09:55 AM
C´mon... you´re too harsh. A musical?

Perhaps, but I was probably expecting something different. A horror film, yes. Musical numbers, no. I guess I was taken by surprise and by the time the musical numbers came in (and yes, they were musical numbers!) it was too late. I was "lost" to the film and I/it couldn't recover after that, I was just annoyed and wanted it to end. "Corn Rigs" is lovely though, for whatever that's worth.

Who knows, if I saw it today, knowing full well there's a song around the corner, I might change my mind, I did change my mind on My Bloody Valentine after all -going from "meh" to "very good/excellent" in the span from VHS to DVD - but I don't plan on revisiting it any time soon.

Demoni
10-20-2011, 09:58 PM
Perhaps, but I was probably expecting something different. A horror film, yes. Musical numbers, no. I guess I was taken by surprise and by the time the musical numbers came in (and yes, they were musical numbers!) it was too late.

I never deny there was musical numbers in the movie.
What I said was that the film is about a cult, so is very normal that you have some songs when the cult is present on screen... then I stated that was wrong to classify the film as a musical.

Many cults from the 60s and the 70s had musical rituals as part of their culture.

Rewatch the movie with your mind open and set in the era that the film was made.

startide
10-21-2011, 02:01 AM
I never deny there was musical numbers in the movie.
What I said was that the film is about a cult, so is very normal that you have some songs when the cult is present on screen... then I stated that was wrong to classify the film as a musical.

Rewatch the movie with your mind open and set in the era that the film was made.

A musical is a musical as far as I am concerned, irrespective of what else it might deal with.

Like I said, I don't plan on revisiting it. There's a whole decade of horror I do like on DVD I have yet to catch up with, not to mention my VHS collection!

ronnie21
11-01-2011, 10:27 PM
surprised there isnt any reviews on the net yet for humongous.. usually there are a review or 2 3 to 4 weeks before hand..

rhett
11-02-2011, 12:25 AM
On November 8th, Scorpion Releasing and Katarina's Nightmare Theater presents THE CARPENTER and SATAN'S BLOOD!

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5942&stc=1&d=1320186379

In THE CARPENTER, WINGS HAUSER builds a hallucinogenic house of horrors in this bloodcurdling thriller! Alice is experiencing a breakdown. Her cold, unsympathetic husband is cheating on her. She is having vivid psychotic nightmares and the only thing keeping her happy is setting up house in her newly-acquired country estate. But the home -- and her shattered nerves -- are in need of repair. Until Alice discovers the perfect man for the job. In the delirious dead of night, a strange solitary worker (Wings Hauser - VICE SQUAD, TOUGH GUYS DON'T DANCE) is inexplicably renovating her house. And he is willing to kill those who come between him and his house as well as those who threaten Alice!

Special Features:

Brand New 16x9 1:78 Uncut widescreen master

Next, SATAN'S BLOOD:

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=5943&stc=1&d=1320186409

Terror, sex and Satanic rituals are on a one-way ride to Hell in SATAN'S BLOOD, one of the most horrific and sexiest thrillers from Spain! In this occult chiller, Andy and Anna are a bored couple who decide to go for a drive in the country. On the way, they meet another couple who claim to know them from many years before. Despite their uncertainty, Andy and Anna agree to visit the mysterious couple's country house and end up staying the night. Thus begins a twisted night of sex, satanic rituals, and gruesome horror. Pray for daylight.

Special Feature:

16x9 1:66 widescreen from a HD master

Still Gallery

MSRP for THE CARPENTER is 19.95, MSRP for SATAN'S BLOOD is an affordable 14.95

Katarina Leigh Waters is a former WWE Diva, and current star of Impact Wrestling, as well as an actress in several upcoming projects.

fceurich39
11-02-2011, 12:48 AM
surprised there isnt any reviews on the net yet for humongous.. usually there are a review or 2 3 to 4 weeks before hand..

funny i was just about to post the same thing i hope the 2 titles coming out nov 8th doesnt mean that humongous dvd will be delayed again?

CPT HOOK
11-02-2011, 01:45 AM
^ I will buy Satan's Blood, but I'm gonna pass on The Carpenter. I own that one on VHS and it isn't very good. If I can find it dirt cheap, I might get it later on.