PDA

View Full Version : What horror film are you most psyched for this October?

rhett
10-02-2012, 03:58 PM
It may be like clockwork now - another October, another flooding of horror films at the box office, but how can you ever get sick of that!? This month was looking pretty decent until Texas Chainsaw 3D got pushed back into 2013, but there's still fun out there for horror fans of all ages...which film are you most amped to see this October?

Mok
10-02-2012, 04:44 PM
I went Paranormal 4. I find they get better as the series progresses. Frankenweenie and Silent Hill are also on my radar.

I watched VHS the other day. WAY too much shaky cam. The segments were ho-hum for the most part. The last one is almost worth watching the whole movie for. Simple. That's the key. The other ones were either too convoluted or too predictable. They had an interesting premise with this, but I can't recommend it. I'd would however recommend catching the last entry to this anthology on youtube where it will most likely end up some day.

Anthropophagus
10-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Sinister.

Matt89
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Imma stick wit mah blew rayz.

~Matt

Workshed
10-02-2012, 05:16 PM
Out of the theater options, I know nothing of the Silent Hill sequel, so I went with that. The rest? I was psyched to see V/H/S. but my boss just caught it and was not impressed. That leaves Silent Hill, I guess.

Mutilated Prey
10-02-2012, 05:52 PM
I'll go with PA 4. Silent Hill looks kinda cool, like the original video game. I got my sights on Sinister too.

Paff
10-02-2012, 05:56 PM
To answer the question directly and honestly, it's mostly DVDs and Blus I'm looking forward to. But I do have V/H/S set to record off HDNet Movies tomorrow. I'm just looking forward to some DVDs more

Mok
10-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Out of the theater options, I know nothing of the Silent Hill sequel, so I went with that. The rest? I was psyched to see V/H/S. but my boss just caught it and was not impressed. That leaves Silent Hill, I guess.

I am not his boss ;)

dave13
10-02-2012, 06:51 PM
Imma stick wit mah blew rayz.

~Matt

yeah, i can't say im at all interested in anything up there. even chainsaw 3D.

CPT HOOK
10-02-2012, 07:17 PM
I went with TCM 3D. I'm always down for an R-rated slasher film on the big screen. Sucks that they dumped it into the January dumping grounds. :(

Already saw V/H/S (really enjoyed it, btw). Sinister looks like the typical dull ghost/possession trite we've been seeing constantly these days. The Paranormal Activity series has run it's course (loved the third film though). As for Silent Hill, not a big fan of video game movies.

I will say that I'm loving all the genre-related kids fare this season! Hotel Transylvania, Frankenweenie, Bite Size, ParaNorman. Seems like kids today don't have a lot of genre-fare available to them, so I'm glad to see it making a comeback. This generation needs their Hocus Pocus / Midnight Hour, etc.

dave13
10-02-2012, 08:05 PM
This generation needs their Hocus Pocus

:lol: what!? i remember seeing that when i was in the target demographic, and it was terrible!

CPT HOOK
10-02-2012, 08:15 PM
i remember seeing that when i was in the target demographic, and it was terrible!

:eek: Blasphemy! May Bette Midler put a hex on you!

Workshed
10-02-2012, 08:17 PM
I am not his boss ;)

Dad?

:joshua:

Nailwraps
10-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Frankenweenie without a doubt! :D

rhett
10-02-2012, 08:34 PM
:lol: what!? i remember seeing that when i was in the target demographic, and it was terrible!
If they remade it today Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't even need any makeup - hell, she probably didn't have any on in the original.

Steel76
10-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Itīs "Sinister" for me :)

"V/H/S" was pretty good, but typical with anthology movies, some of the stories was kinda "meh", but there was some really good ones as well, especially the last one.

Iīll probably wait for "Paranormal Activity 4" until it comes out on BD.
I REALLY liked part 3, but the new one seems to be aimed too much for the teen audience.

Too bad "Chainsaw 3D" have been pushed forward. Jan 4th here in Sweden.

dave13
10-02-2012, 08:44 PM
:eek: Blasphemy! May Bette Midler put a hex on you!

I fear she may have already - ever since i was exposed to that film, my life has felt hollow and meaningless :(

maybrick
10-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Silent hill definitely. It was a film that I was lukewarm on the first time that I saw it but has grown on me more and more each time I've seen it. I'm looking forward to another installment.

bigwes15
10-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I'll be there for Sinister and probably Paranormal 4...I do wish that TCM was still on the docket, though. And what the fetch ever happened to Halloween 3D???

spawningblue
10-02-2012, 11:01 PM
Nothing I'm really excited for, but since I got free tics for Frankenweenie I'll check that out. I really dig stop motion animation although The Corpse Bride was rather weak. I would rather see Paranorman but ahh well. I will probably pick up V/H/S when it hits Blu Ray, the others probably when they are cheap as well.

KamuiX
10-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Even though I likely won't see it in theatres, and I'm probably setting myself up for disappointment, Sinister looks like it could possibly be really strong. I should know better looking at who all is involved, but some of the imagery looks creepy as hell. Here's to hoping!

othervoice1
10-03-2012, 12:55 AM
Frankenweenie without a doubt!
Got my vote too

X-human
10-03-2012, 02:32 AM
Frankenweenie. I'll probably see it Friday in IMAX.

Hotel Transylvania looks abysmal from the trailer I saw before ParaNorman.

Gore Lunatic
10-03-2012, 03:29 AM
Silent Hill gets my vote. I'm a fan of the video game series so I'm really excited to see this.

Hatchetwarrior
10-03-2012, 03:43 AM
I'm really stuck between a rock and a hard place, Sinister looks bad ass, and as much as I'm kinda underwhelmed by the PA 4 trailer, I will most likely end up watching PA 4 in the theaters.

Dobby
10-03-2012, 05:46 AM
Hollywood has turned the horror genre into generic crap. I'll stick with my VHS/DVDs/Blu rays thank you very much!

Copyboy
10-03-2012, 09:00 AM
If they remade it today Sarah Jessica Parker wouldn't even need any makeup - hell, she probably didn't have any on in the original.

CLASSIC! Totally agree! This is the part she was BORN to play! What I can't understand is how the fuck so many morons actually fell for her pathetic attempts at trying to pass for hot.

vampyr789
10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
i'm pumped for Sinister!

MorallySound
10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
What a pitiful month for new horror films...

Hotel Transylvania - No interest whatsoever. Plus it's got Adam Sandler so avoid like the plague.
Frankenweenie - One of two I'm probably going to actually see. Looks like classic Tim Burton, plus being a fan of the original Frankenweeni this is a no brainer. However, I may have to wait as I refuse to see anything in 3D...
V/H/S - Already seen it, and it sucked. The only worthwhile story was the last one, and really it was only interesting visually. What a wasted premise and shoddy anthology film...
Sinister - Really doesn't look good. Looks like every other horror film of the past decade. But I will probably see it on cheap Tuesday or something, and then will weigh in.
Paranormal Activity 4 - Another needless sequel to a first film that was overrated. But since I've seen the other 3, like will see this one as well, but same deal as Sinister - on cheap Tuesday.
Silent Hill: Revelations - I'm a huge fan of the games, loved the first movie, so yes, I am excited for this one. However, just like Frankenweenie I'll probably have to wait until it's not showing in 3D...
Texas Chainsaw 3D - Since it's not on schedule, and in 3D, it'll be a long wait, but I'll go see it in 2D with low expectations.

MorallySound
10-03-2012, 06:33 PM
I watched VHS the other day. WAY too much shaky cam. The segments were ho-hum for the most part. The last one is almost worth watching the whole movie for. Simple. That's the key. The other ones were either too convoluted or too predictable. They had an interesting premise with this, but I can't recommend it. I'd would however recommend catching the last entry to this anthology on youtube where it will most likely end up some day.

Hit the nail on the head!

elDomenechHDG
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Nothing for me this year, not even the least bit interested in the Silent Hill sequel even though I loved the last one (looks like much of the same). Looking forward to checking out Chernobyl Diaries again on Blu-ray, though.

Zillamon51
10-03-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm going to see Hotel Transylvania tonight. The trailers don't interest me; it looks like generic goofy kiddie crap with nothing of interest to older fans (unlike the cool Paranorman and presumably Frankenweenie). But it will be free for me, so I'll give it a chance.

Silent Hill sucked, and I'm not a gamer, so I have no interest in Part 2. What took so long anyways? They seem to pump out a new Resident Evil every year.

I will definitely see Frankenweenie. I don't know what Sinister is (I've probably seen a trailer and forgotten it already; not a good sign). Is V/H/S actually playing theaters? The trailer looked interesting. I think it's on Vudu, but if I pay for a digital rental this month, it'll probably be [REC] 3.

So, I voted for Paranormal Activity 4. I enjoyed all the previous ones, and these are an absolute blast to see in a theater on opening weekend surrounded by screaming teenyboppers. Let the Activity begin!

CPT HOOK
10-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Since TCM 3D isn't released until January, I will say that I am also extremely excited for both Excision and Wrong Turn 5! I've got 'em both pre-ordered and can't wait to check them out.

Also very excited to see Hypothermia, which was just released yesterday. I need to pick that one up ASAP.

October's theatrical line-up is incredibly lame, but at least we still have quality genre films hitting the home-video market.

Christ75
10-04-2012, 10:46 PM
Sinister and Silent Hill 2 (i love the first one)

shithead
10-05-2012, 10:50 PM
Seeing Frankenstein and Bride Of Frankenstein on the big screen!

http://www.fathomevents.com/classics/event/tcmfrankensteins.aspx

Mikey Horror
10-07-2012, 04:28 AM
What I'm looking forward to the most is tearing through my Universal Monsters coffin box set. I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for it to get here. Feels like it's taking forever!

SEANVALEN
10-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Silent Hill and Sinister Rhett Legend. Sinister I have seen-will review in official thread.

Zillamon51
10-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Well, I saw Hotel Transylvania. It was better than I expected. I'll review it in the October movie thread. And according to the current EW magazine, it's a big hit.

Seeing Frankenstein and Bride Of Frankenstein on the big screen!

http://www.fathomevents.com/classics/event/tcmfrankensteins.aspx

I'd like to see this as well, especially since I don't have the spare cash for the new Universal Monsters box set. But, I probably won't get to. The one special event I'm definitely going to is the Rifftrax Live of Birdemic.

Luki
10-08-2012, 01:45 PM
Silent Hill all the way. Loved every second of the first one and Michael J. Bassett (Death Watch, Wilderness) wrote / directed the sequel so I am pretty excited.