PDA

View Full Version : CONTEST #4: 3 Signatures on a Meathook

rhett
10-26-2012, 08:17 PM
October is sadly winding to a close, but we've saved the best here for last. Thanks to a generous donation from SaviniFan, we have three autographed DVDs to give away. To enter is easy - just tell us what movies you're planning on watching this Halloween or how you plan on spending horror's favorite day.
http://www.horrordigital.com/reviews/contests/om_dvd_con.jpg

October is sadly winding to a close, but we've saved the best here for last. Thanks to a generous donation from SaviniFan, we have three autographed DVDs to give away. To enter is easy - just tell us what movies you're planning on watching this Halloween or how you plan on spending horror's favorite day.

To make your chances of winning even better, I'll even allow a second bonus entry for those who post a picture of what they dressed up as for their Halloween party or on the 31st.

And you're going to want to enter twice, because the lot here is fantastic:

Three winners will get their choice (1st gets first pic, 2nd gets a pick from the remaining two and 3rd gets what's left) of these three collector items:

THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2 DVD Signed by Tobe Hooper and Caroline Williams

THE NEW BARBARIANS DVD Signed by Fred "The Hammer" Williamson

ZOMBI 3 DVD Signed by Beatrice Ring

http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6249&stc=1&d=1351278869 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6251&stc=1&d=1351278877 http://horrordigital.com/vb3forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6250&stc=1&d=1351278877

To enter, simply make a post in this thread telling us what movies you plan to watch or what you plan to do to celebrate October 31st. You may also make a second separate bonus post if you have a costume, where you must attach a photo to your post (do not upload it from another site, upload it using the "Manage Attachment" button below the message content box so we can preserve the images on the site in the future) and tell us what you dressed up as. So if you have a story to tell about your Halloween night, that's one post, and if you have a picture of your costume, that's a second post, doubling your chances to win!

The contest will run for one week and will close on Friday, November 2nd, to give all the costumers time to post their pictures.

We hope everyone has a safe and fun Halloween, and we want to hear about it. Let's end the month with style!

CPT HOOK
10-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Night Of The Demons and The Midnight Hour, if there's time.

Rft183
10-26-2012, 08:33 PM
I'll probably stay at home with the younger boy giving out candy while my wife takes the older boy out getting candy! Maybe I'll watch a couple episodes of Supernatural.

highclassrob
10-26-2012, 08:37 PM
I plan on throwing in Halloween of course. Maybe a marathon of 1-3 if I can fit it.

Suicide
10-26-2012, 08:42 PM
I haven't watched Night of the Creeps in some time, so probably that. Maybe an obscure piece of junk like Devil's Story afterwards.

dave13
10-26-2012, 08:43 PM
my wife and i will be handing out candy along with your our little girl, who will be dressing up in a pumpkin costume/sleeper for her first halloween. as for movies...well, its a tuesday night, so not too many. i may check out one of the 4 new Halloween blu rays i've picked up in the last few weeks, if i can find the time.

another great month of contests, and this last one is definitely the best yet! good job guys.

MorallySound
10-26-2012, 08:45 PM
On Halloween I'll be throwing in my ritual movie of the day Ernest Scared Stupid as it just brings me back to being a kid on Halloween all over. But I also plan on revisiting The Exorcist to cover the scares, which I haven't seen since my first viewing at age 12 where my Grandpa happened to sit down and watch it with me and provided running commentary of stories of people he knew who were exorcised! And lastly I'll be watching Jag Mundhra's Halloween Night (aka Hack-O-Lantern) of course on Halloween night for an event I can't spill the beans on because it's under lock and key until that night, but I am insanely excited about it and can't wait to share it!

Anthropophagus
10-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Handing out candy, and then hopefully checking out season 1 of The Walking Dead.

Ash28M
10-26-2012, 09:06 PM
I've been itching to watch The Blair Witch Project lately to what better time.

Body Boy
10-26-2012, 09:09 PM
Halloween II, Unhinged and/or Inferno.

spawningblue
10-26-2012, 09:23 PM
I'll be handing out candy with the little one, and watching as many horror films throughout the day as I can. Haven't decided on what to watch yet though. I usually try to save the best for last but that has backfired on me the last few years as I run out of time time or fall asleep, so I may just watch the best titles this weekend and watch what I'm in the mood for on Halloween.

Darga
10-26-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm hoping the 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2' Blu ray I ordered from Amazon the other day arrives in time, cos that's what I'd like to watch this fine holiday.

Mutilated Prey
10-26-2012, 09:28 PM
I plan on watching the Blu Rays of Day of the Living Dead and Return of the Living Dead. the will be some candy to hand out as well. Being a Wednesday night I don't see myself hitting any parties, but you never know!

SaviniFan
10-26-2012, 10:32 PM
When the contest end and the winners are announced, be sure to PM me with your shipping information. Good luck everyone & happy Halloween!

skinnypuppy
10-26-2012, 10:48 PM
Rosemary's Baby
The Shining

hellraiser40
10-26-2012, 11:31 PM
a friend, who's a bit green on the horror side, wanted to do a Halloween movie night, so i'm gonna expose him to :

1) Videodrome
2) Demons
3) Rabid Grannies

bigdaddyhorse
10-26-2012, 11:42 PM
Haven't fully decided yet on what all to watch. We'll do the candy thing, although that gets less and less each year. Then something from the Halloween franchise. I already watched Halloween 07 last week and many other flicks this month. I think I'm gonna break out the original dvd with the right colors.

evildeadfan123
10-27-2012, 12:17 AM
Well, since it falls on Wednesday, and have to go to work very early in the morning, will only have time for 1 or 2 movies. Will watch the original Dawn Of The Dead on Blu-Ray.

old-boo-radley
10-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Working. Then getting shitfaced.

Lone Wolf
10-27-2012, 12:55 AM
Think I'll be watching Night of the Living Dead and try to fit in Halloween 1&2 if I have time.

soxfan666
10-27-2012, 01:12 AM
Work during the day then I will throw a few logs on the fire pit and sit in the driveway handing out candy. After that I will watch Halloween and enjoy some Sam Adams Octoberfest!

Ptflea2
10-27-2012, 01:13 AM
My wife's due date is on Halloween. Should I be excited or worried :)

If she lets me, I'll be watching Carpenter's "The Thing" per our tradition.

russweiss
10-27-2012, 01:14 AM
Maybe I'll put on my blu-rays for Halloween 1 and 2.

walkingdude
10-27-2012, 01:25 AM
I've been buying Halloween Blu rays for the last couple months and I'm up to Part 6.Going to start watching them tomorrow night and try to finish the series on Wednesday.

Zombie Dude
10-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Depends what I get in the mail before Halloween. Maybe a Puppet Master, Hellraiser and Halloween 5.

fattyjoe37
10-27-2012, 02:25 AM
Gonna head out to a bar with friends and watch a double feature of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974) and Night of the Living Dead (1968).

allmessedup
10-27-2012, 03:16 AM
It's a weeknight, so I'll probably have to just stick with one movie---hard to go wrong with HALLOWEEEN.

Doing the bulk of my movie watching this weekend.

msw7
10-27-2012, 03:35 AM
I have the Universal Monsters blu-ray set that I'm itching to watch, so probably that, and then maybe Gozu or Martyrs to top it off.

MisterTwister
10-27-2012, 04:10 AM
Hand out candy and watch Halloween '78.

thrashard76
10-27-2012, 04:16 AM
I'll probably watch something from the Halloween series and maybe another Halloween inspired film like Trick R Treat.

othervoice1
10-27-2012, 05:46 AM
I plan on watching Halloween 1-5 and if time allows a couple Universal Monster flicks- Maybe Nightmare before Christmas as well when its time to hand out candy to the kids.

scott71670
10-27-2012, 09:05 PM
We'll be up on here riding out the hurricane, so I'm going to try ro watch some old Universal scifi collection stuff. MJore than likely the power will go out, so we'll light the candles and I'll get out my ipod and play some episodes of "The Witch's Tale" on the boombox and we'll gave into th'embers, as she says...

Jason101
10-27-2012, 09:17 PM
A mini marathon of the first three Halloween movies. The first three movies capture the halloween atmosphere the best.

Katatonia
10-27-2012, 10:20 PM
My 31st watchlist for this year shall be:

Halloween III: Season of the Witch
HauntedWeen
The Midnight Hour

gyhorrorfan07
10-27-2012, 10:52 PM
I plan on watching the following: Psycho, Carrie, The Shining, Re-Animator, The Exorcist, Pet Sematary and last, but definitely not least, Halloween.

Erick H.
10-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I've been doing an all night horror marathon with friends for several years now,we each provode two movies.I'll be contibuting Brian DePalma's SISTERS and the Curtis Harrington Drive-In classic RUBY with Piper Laurie.I look forward to our marathon all year,great fun !

shithead
10-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm gonna try and watch the first 3 Halloween movies...Most likely.

booper71
10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Breaking tradition here by only watching movies I've never seen before.
Puppet Master X
Albino (1976)
Fight For Your Life (1977)

Taking my son trick or treating, and just chilling and maybe calling people and asking Waaaaasup!

Shannafey
10-28-2012, 05:39 PM
I plan on watching as much of the Hammer House of Horror TV series as possible.

x666x
10-28-2012, 07:48 PM
Scarecrows

JGrendel
10-28-2012, 08:34 PM
I start off in the morning watching The Halloween Tree
Then It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown and Ernest Scared Stupid
From there I usually move on to some t.v. On dvd usually Tales From The Crypt, Tales From The Darkside or Twilight Zone. Then it's usually time to go (I work at a haunted attracttion in the month of October. (Photos to follow) After the after party, I usually settle in and end the night. With the original Tales From The Crypt movie, Creepshow 1 and 2 and Trick R Treat.

Kim Bruun
10-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I will treat myself to either the original Halloween or Halloween II, or perhaps Terror Train. I will probably celebrate Halloween at work by telling a scary story to the kids (I work in an after school care) - they've been begging for a good scare since I did a narration/one man show of Cujo, complete with jump scares. :)

streetlight
10-28-2012, 11:43 PM
going to watch a few i havent seen, like Psychophobia, crypt of dark secrets, video dead, mansion of the doomed

SpaceAce
10-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Simple enough..... HALLOWEEN

Tonight I am watching Halloween 4 and 5 back to back and I have already watched Halloween 2 and the Halloween remake. I have sprinkled in some others too (House of 1000 Corpses, original Wolfman, and The Funhouse to name a few) but I save the last few days of October for the Halloween franchise.

indiephantom
10-29-2012, 01:58 AM
In the daytime I'm watching NIGHT OF THE DEMONS and then heading to a friend's for at least one feature in the evening.

scaryguy88
10-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Night of the creeps!!

X-human
10-29-2012, 06:33 AM
For my Halloween party I screened Frankenhooker, Hausu and Doctor X. All went over awesome.

For Halloween I'll watch The Creeping Terror, Manos: The Hands of Fate, Monsters Crash the Pajama Party, Dracula, Frankenstein (1910), Frankenstein and The Bride of Frankenstein.

muceo13
10-29-2012, 03:44 PM
Watching Halloween

HoldenMcNeil
10-29-2012, 04:37 PM
Evil Dead 2, and the original Halloween, with some Assassin's Creed III thrown in for fun. The picture is of my girlfriend and I doing the Frankenstein thing for a party this past weekend.

Workshed
10-29-2012, 06:14 PM
My little sis really wants to watch Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the show) all the way through before the year is over, so we are going to start on Halloween night. I'll have some snacks--veggies and then unhealthy things--and we'll either watch May, Stephen King's It, or something with Bruce Campbell in it (she's a fan, too). We'll be featuring two types of single malts to be sipped out of skull shot glasses.

spawningblue
10-30-2012, 06:22 PM
and for the double entry, here's a pic of the family dressed up as gnomes. We hope to try and get a better pic tomorrow but this will do just in case.

http://i.imgur.com/9pzcJl.jpg?1

rxfiend
10-31-2012, 03:39 AM
I'll be taking the kids out trick or treating. I don't think I'll be watching any movies.

BloodMan
10-31-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm turning my cousin into a Heath Ledger Joker Zombie! Using my awesome special fx make up skills... then I plan on watching Trick R' Treat! :D

JGrendel
11-01-2012, 03:25 PM
http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/184_23664849072_2540_n.jpg
Haunting houses on Halloween night

ReelFear
11-01-2012, 03:58 PM
unfortunately this halloween was not the usual festivities due to the fact that i live in NJ and the state got hit hard by hurricane sandy. there were no trick or treaters and many businesses didnt have power.
i still managed to watch Halloween 3 on Blu ray and that was fantastic!

MorallySound
11-01-2012, 05:46 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img221/8440/halloweenu.jpg

Above is me in my mask I wore last night. With all the running around and event organizing I had going on last night it's all I time to put on. But I did make good on my promise on my first post of my Halloween plans and made it through all three movies I listed (The Exorcist, Ernest Scared Stupid, and Halloween Night).

As to the news I promised as well is that a friend and I announced at our Halloween Night screening that we are opening up a micro video store inside some friends' already existing record shop and coffee shop! We're going to be specializing in VHS-only rentals (as well as renting out VCRs) and the selection being stuff still unavailable on DVD or any other format, or still extremely hard to find or unknown to most. We've still got the whole set up of the store to go through, but licenses have been obtained so we will be opened for business in the next 4 to 8 weeks! More news to follow once officially opened as we will be heavily incorporating social media and online reviews, interviews, and content to make it not only a local video store but a whole global community for the appreciation of VHS and video store culture!

dave13
11-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Ok, so maybe my costume is a little lacking (i was a "Tired and Unshaven Father", for anyone wondering), but the little tyke's pumpkin costume sure earner her a lot of praise from the people who came to our place trick 'r treating. Next Halloween - Zombie Pumpkin!

Great picture Spawningblue. I may be contractually obligated to think that my little girl is the cutest thing on two legs, but your son's pretty amazing too.

SaviniFan
11-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Still waiting on rhett to announce the winners.....;)

rhett
11-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Still waiting on rhett to announce the winners.....;)

Got caught in the middle of a house move, so apologies for the delay.

Great submissions, everyone, thanks for sharing and I hope your Halloween was a blast. We ended up watching a good five flicks on the 31st, including some of the old Halloween cartoons (Garfield, Donald Duck, Charlie Brown) great fun!

But now the news you've been waiting for.

The three random winners are:

1st Place: allmessedup
2nd Place: JGrendel
3rd Place: BloodMan

Please contact the generous Santa of our boards, SaviniFan, with your picks of the three prizes in order of preference (allmessed up gets first pick, JGrendel second, and BloodMan what's left) along with your name and address and the prizes are yours!

Thanks all for participating and for making our latest October Madness a joy to host.

SaviniFan
11-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Once I have all 3 PMs (got one from JGrendel) I'll let you guys know what is coming your way. Thanks everyone.

othervoice1
11-05-2012, 12:50 AM
Congrats winners !!!!

JGrendel
11-05-2012, 02:08 AM
As one of the winners I'd like to thank Dave, Rhett and especially SaviniFan for donating some awesome stuff for this contest. I would also like to thank everybody else for making this site such a cool place to hang!!!

othervoice1
11-05-2012, 02:51 AM
I'd like to thank Dave, Rhett and especially SaviniFan for donating some awesome stuff for this contest. I would also like to thank everybody else for making this site such a cool place to hang!!!
Yes thanks so much - was another great October on the site!

BloodMan
11-05-2012, 03:20 AM
Wicked, sent! Thanks!

Rft183
11-05-2012, 03:37 AM
This really was a great contest. Thanks and congratulations to the winners!

SaviniFan
11-05-2012, 04:06 AM
Ok, here are the winners prizes after choices:

allmessedup: TCM 3 DVD signed by Tobe Hooper & Caroline Williams
JGrendel: New Gladiators DVD signed by Fred "The Hammer" Williamson
BloodMan: Zombi 3 DVD signed by Beatrice Ring

Congrats to all and your DVDs will be sent in the next few days.

BloodMan
11-05-2012, 06:59 AM
Sweet!!

MorallySound
11-05-2012, 02:13 PM
Congrats to the winners! Enjoy your sweet prizes!

thrashard76
11-05-2012, 04:34 PM
Congrats!

Mutilated Prey
11-05-2012, 05:09 PM
Congrats winners!

Another Halloween and all I got was a rock.

Darga
11-05-2012, 06:30 PM
As to the news I promised as well is that a friend and I announced at our Halloween Night screening that we are opening up a micro video store inside some friends' already existing record shop and coffee shop! We're going to be specializing in VHS-only rentals (as well as renting out VCRs) and the selection being stuff still unavailable on DVD or any other format, or still extremely hard to find or unknown to most. We've still got the whole set up of the store to go through, but licenses have been obtained so we will be opened for business in the next 4 to 8 weeks! More news to follow once officially opened as we will be heavily incorporating social media and online reviews, interviews, and content to make it not only a local video store but a whole global community for the appreciation of VHS and video store culture!

Hey, congrats and good luck!

MorallySound
11-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Hey, congrats and good luck!

Thanks, Darga!

spawningblue
11-05-2012, 09:16 PM
Congrats guys!

spawningblue
11-05-2012, 09:23 PM
Ok, so maybe my costume is a little lacking (i was a "Tired and Unshaven Father", for anyone wondering), but the little tyke's pumpkin costume sure earner her a lot of praise from the people who came to our place trick 'r treating. Next Halloween - Zombie Pumpkin!

Great picture Spawningblue. I may be contractually obligated to think that my little girl is the cutest thing on two legs, but your son's pretty amazing too.

Didn't know if it would screw up the contest if I posted earlier but just wanted to reply and say thanks! Your daughter is a cute baby as well. We almost bought a pumpkin costume for Cohen but since my girlfriend has been really getting into sewing lately she decided to create a gnome costume for him which I was down with.

allmessedup
11-06-2012, 12:01 AM
Nice way to finish off the weekend....thanks!