PDA

View Full Version : Worst Halloween Sequel

rhett
10-31-2012, 08:51 PM
Okay, now that we're all done reviewing the HELLRAISER franchise, and given the date and all...why not transfer a little bah humbug to the HALLOWEEN franchise. It too has had some stinkers...which one smells the most of death?

Body Boy
10-31-2012, 08:57 PM
If I count the Zombie films, I'd say RZ's H2. Although it's more stylish than H1.

If I'm doing the original series, I'd have to say Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers. Felt like a fan fic comic. Which, btw, is not a good thing. Cult of Myers? Nyet!

ronnie21
10-31-2012, 09:02 PM
I think jamie lee jumped the shark by appearing in part 8 or whatever that was. it's like she really needed to get back out there and her fame was faded. or needed to pay the water bill that month.. It was ok to see her back in H20 but to do the next one really wore out her welcome. even though shes only in the beginning...

Kim Bruun
10-31-2012, 09:07 PM
I was never a fan of the Zombie take on the franchise - he threw the essence of Carpenter's work out the window by explaining Michael's evil and placing him in a ghetto rather than a comfortable suburbia.

But... The single worst Halloween for me is Resurrection. It doesn't even feel like a Halloween movie. The reality tv fad feels akward and ill-suited for Carpenter's timeless horror villain, and with the death of the last Myers apart from Michael himself, the victim pool is totally irrelevant. And Busta Rhymes is truly jarring, overplaying and underacting a part which can't possibly compensate for the absense of Dr. Loomis.

dave13
10-31-2012, 09:24 PM
this is kind of hard. there are a few worthy contenders, and all for different reasons. 4 and 5 aren't my favorite films, but I do enjoy them, and the man in black mystery in part 5 is fairly compelling - but all that is ruined by The Curse of Michael Myers. For being the first film to really tank the franchise (after which it just wouldn't recover), this film is deserving. Of course, Ressurection is by far the most incompetent film on the list. It's so staggeringly, stupidly bad, that chosing it as the worst feels kind of like picking on a kid in a wheelchair - maybe we should be politely applauding Ressurection for being able to string a few coherent sentences together, rather than chastising it for failing to live up to films that are so much better they're practically in a different medium. Zombie's remake is certainly deserving of the title of worst. It's more insulting to the intelligence of the viewer than Ressurection because, as a remake, it's putting itself in direct comparison with the original. Of course, Zombie was somehow able to missunderstand one of the most fundamental reasons for why Michael is so scary in the original, which is that his actions are completely unmotivated and unexplained. The high technical quality of the remake only makes it worse, as it begins to feel like a deliberate betrayal of the original. My memory of the remake's sequel is that it was an unpleasant, masturbatory waste of film. However, having forgotten most of it, I can't quite bring myself to rekindle the exasperation I felt upon seeing it for the first time.

It really is so hard to choose. I think I'll have to go with part 6. Up until then, it was an entertaining series. Curse of Michael Myers ruined that. So for blowing all the potential the ending of part 5 left it with, it gets my pick for worst of the series.

Mutilated Prey
10-31-2012, 09:28 PM
Easily Resurrection - one word, Busta.

Copyboy
10-31-2012, 10:09 PM
I voted for Rob Zombie's Halloween, but seriously have no use for 4,5,6, Resurrection or Zombie's 2 and haven't watched H20 in so long I don't know how I'd feel about that one if I were to see it today.

Chomp
10-31-2012, 10:10 PM
For me its really a tossup between Resurrection and the remake. Although, I can usually keep Resurrection on for at least 30 min. I remember I tried watching the remake again not too long ago, and I couldn’t make it passed the breakfast table seen. Its excruciating to watch. Never mind the “white trash” vulgarity;… even the genuine dialog between Mrs. Myers and Loomis or little Michel Myers is just painful to listen to. I don’t think there is a sincere sentence given in the whole movie. McDowell tries, but even with his acting ability, he just doesn’t have the aptitude to polish that turd of a script into something the least bit earnest. It would be like trying to start a fire with a bucket of water.

Its like the whole script was written by a high schooler that was angry at his parents and teachers.

Not only that, I think even the idea of dissecting Michael Myers’ childhood is without a doubt one of the worst ideas in the history of the franchise…its worse than Thorn, worse than H2O ignoring 4 films, and even worse than Dangertainment. I mean Resurrection at least had somewhat of an interesting idea, it just was executed rather poorly.

I also hated Danielle Harris’ character. I cannot believe she agreed to play that role. I thought she had better chops and respectability than to play one of the useless bimbos that are only cast to show her rack (or in Danielle’s case, lack-there-of) and then slaughtered. She means so much more to the franchise than to be brought down to that level. Disappointing to say the least.

Fuck it, now that I think about it, I’m just going with the remake. Other than the somewhat decent soundtrack and a couple pairs of tits, I just can’t think of a single redeeming factor that the remake has going for it. It’s just bottom of the barrel, pointless, meaningless drivel. It’s one of those movies, that I could give two-shits if I ever saw again. Terrible. Fuck you Rob Zombie.

CPT HOOK
10-31-2012, 10:15 PM
I feel like Resurrection probably should be the worst, but I went with Curse Of Michael Myers.

Resurrection is easy to follow, while I have no fucking clue what Curse is even about.

Chomp
10-31-2012, 10:27 PM
Halloween 6, while not the greatest film in the franchise, still maintains that sense of atmosphere fairly well, I thought. It also has some great cinematography going on in it as well. Plus a young Paul Rudd puts on a great performance. He has a great character arc that goes from creepy peeping-Tom to the great all-knowing hero. And Donald Pleasance too…fat Michael Myers creeped me out as a kid.

Halloween 6 has a couple of redeeming factors to it…I think the films get worse as they go on….hell, I’d pick the H2O Scream-clone as the worst before I looked anywhere in Halloween 6’s vicinity.

dayglo
10-31-2012, 10:31 PM
Had to go with Halloween 5, for me it's just bad from the minute the opening credits end.

fceurich39
10-31-2012, 10:40 PM
Easily Resurrection - one word, Busta.

agreed but i hate H20 just as much mainly because the awful mask and cgi shot of the mask as well as the scream music and ignoring the 4-6 storyline

Chunkblower
10-31-2012, 11:08 PM
Curse is pretty bad, but it has its moments. Resurrection, on the other hand, is just embarrassingly awful. Not a single redeeming quality.

othervoice1
10-31-2012, 11:57 PM
To me it is not even close - Resurrection is just horrible

JGrendel
11-01-2012, 01:19 AM
I went with the Halloween remake cause I just can't get my head around rednecks in the Suburbs.

Katatonia
11-01-2012, 01:51 AM
Easy, Rob Zombie's Halloween

I'd even take Resurrection over it. The last thing I want to see again is a whining annoying Michael Myers kid.

Paff
11-01-2012, 04:12 AM
I stopped watching at 3. really. I fast forwarded through the remake only for a topless Danielle Harris.

I was torn between voting for #2 or #4. I was tempted to go with 4, for simply existing. I liked the idea they began with 3, of having a different Halloween-themed movie every time, rather than trying to keep Michael Myers alive. Of course, the box office failure of Season of the Witch killed that plan.

So I went with 2, because it was the one that added the crap about Laurie being Michael's sister. I always preferred her just being a random victim, which makes it a lot scarier in my book.

buck135
11-01-2012, 04:52 AM
I won't even consider Rob Zombie's films. I watched the first film and I refuse to watch the second one. I am not a fan of his films, but I am a huge fan of his music. I've seen White Zombie four times and him solo at least eight times over the years. "Resurrection" gets my vote over "Curse." At least "Curse" has Donald Pleasence.

pearced
11-01-2012, 04:56 AM
I went with Resurrection, because Busta Rhymes should not be able to whip Michael Myers, but if the first half of Zombie's remake had been as bad as the second half I would have gone with that.

Though I have to say, every time I see the first kill in #2 and we see Michael's eye through the mask, get angry/ I'm sure we see his eyes in other movies as well, but that really leaps out at me for some reason. I always think that the eyeholes in his mask should look empty.

And count me as someone else who thinks that Season of the Witch should have been the template for further sequels.

Vance Vandy
11-01-2012, 05:22 AM
Halloween II. It introduced the lame sister idea and is as dull as watching paint dry.

Body Boy
11-01-2012, 05:34 AM
Oh wow. Did not expect to see two votes for Halloween II '81. Or 5. They're two of my favorite sequels.

That said. I just watched Halloween II again, and I do agree that it's a bit dull. I love it, but... man, its pacing is ROUGH! Used to be my favorite Halloween. Now, it may have dropped 3 spots! Count 'em, 3! Right behind III, V and I. But I'm not sure. The murder scenes are great, but I... just... want... it... to... move! I feel like Jamie when watching it at times. Aesthetics are great though. But yeah... wow... it's not my favorite anymore. :(

thrashard76
11-01-2012, 06:04 AM
Halloween: Resurrection

Kim Bruun
11-01-2012, 10:19 AM
I always liked the sister angle. It makes perfect sense to me. After all, it is already blatantly obvious in the first one that Michael is re-enacting his original crime - for instance, one victim is sprawled on a bed with his sister's headstone behind her. Of course, the best surrogate for Judith Myers would be an actual sister, which is the reason why Michael devotes special attention to Laurie - all the other victims are killed rather frankly, but it's Laurie that he stalks so patiently throughout the day.

KamuiX
11-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Since I don't count the Zombie abominations, Resurrection.

Copyboy
11-01-2012, 02:03 PM
Since I don't count the Zombie abominations, Resurrection.

Wow! That would be an awesome title for a movie: Zombie Abominations!

dave13
11-01-2012, 02:36 PM
i like how somebody chose the first one.

Severn
11-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Resurrection wins it for me (or loses it for me). It's a nice looking terrible film.

SickNick89
11-01-2012, 03:18 PM
Russurection, No contest! Such a shameless product marketed to the lowest common denominator of the era using stupid, dated fads. Busta was painfully bad and was just put in there to bring in kids with bad music taste and to deliver corny lines that we are expected to laugh and cheer at. The only tolerable part of that movie is the first 10 minutes.

Anthropophagus
11-01-2012, 04:07 PM
I just can't build up the tolerance to re-watch any of the Rob Zombie Halloween efforts, so that dictates that they are the worst of the franchise for me.
Of the originals? Halloween Resurrection, I thought Busta Rhymes was awful, and the whole mess was just forgettable. Also, the reality show angle had run its course with me by the time I saw this.

Mok
11-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Resurrection. Busta kills Michael. The greatest insult, not only to the Halloween series, but to Carpenter, the horror genre, the art of cinema and America.

http://www.conglomeratefans.com/halloween05.JPG

Rft183
11-01-2012, 04:48 PM
I had to go with the remake. While I think that Resurrection was probably the stupidest, I absolutely hated the remake. It is the only one that I have traded at a used video store...

Copyboy
11-01-2012, 04:53 PM
Would the person who voted for the original please stand up and defend yourself?

deepred
11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Original series - Resurrection ... trick or treat, motherf**ker

Zombie series - part 1

MorallySound
11-01-2012, 06:03 PM
Halloween: Resurrection. Yikes!

deepred
11-01-2012, 06:09 PM
I always liked the sister angle. It makes perfect sense to me. After all, it is already blatantly obvious in the first one that Michael is re-enacting his original crime - for instance, one victim is sprawled on a bed with his sister's headstone behind her. Of course, the best surrogate for Judith Myers would be an actual sister, which is the reason why Michael devotes special attention to Laurie - all the other victims are killed rather frankly, but it's Laurie that he stalks so patiently throughout the day.

I agree. I also thought there was always something creepy about having a maniac that is also a family member hellbent on killing you.

rhett
11-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Would the person who voted for the original please stand up and defend yourself?

"It borrowed too much from Parts 2, 4 and 5. Also, replacing Adam Arkin from H20 with Donald Pleasence was a poor choice."

Darga
11-02-2012, 05:24 PM
I've never been a fan of all these big horror franchises (Halloween, Friday the 13th, NOES, Hellraiser, etc.) and usually passed on most of the offerings after the first couple of installments. This makes it tough to vote in this case because I honestly don't remember which ones I might have seen after Halloween III (although suffice to say that I thought they all sucked). Hell, in Halloween's case I don't remember particularly liking even the first sequel. That being said, I'll cast my vote for the unnecessary and horrible remake.

Zillamon51
11-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I voted for Part 6 (Curse). I'm surprised to see Part 8 (Resurrection) winning (losing?) by a landslide. 8 is certainly a bad Halloween movie, but 6 turning Myers into some kind of Druid Terminator goes beyond being merely bad to trashing the whole mythology. It's like making Jason a body-swapping parasite, or Godzilla afraid of the military.

Cooperkill
11-02-2012, 08:20 PM
Halloween: Resurrection is a bad horror movie, but it's a pretty good comedy.

Therefore, I went with the remake. I don't mind what Zombie did with Myers, but the female leads were horrendously obnoxious.

Darga
11-02-2012, 10:58 PM
I voted for Part 6 (Curse). I'm surprised to see Part 8 (Resurrection) winning (losing?) by a landslide. 8 is certainly a bad Halloween movie, but 6 turning Myers into some kind of Druid Terminator goes beyond being merely bad to trashing the whole mythology. It's like making Jason a body-swapping parasite, or Godzilla afraid of the military.

A "Druid Terminator"?! Maybe I gotta check this out after all....

zbinks
11-03-2012, 12:58 AM

...or Leatherface a transvestite.

Body Boy
11-03-2012, 01:05 AM
...or Leatherface a transvestite.

That's one of the few things that worked in TCM:TNG. Wasn't out of place at all. Especially considering where the idea for Leatherface came from originally.

shithead
11-03-2012, 05:32 AM
Zombieween, easily.

Demoni
11-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Haw can a remake be considered a sequel...itīs two words meaning the complete opposite.

Stige
11-03-2012, 02:01 PM
part 8 by a mile.......

would have voted the remake ( I have some sick fascination for the remakes sequel, it handled themes in an interesting manner proceed with the comments on how stupid I am)

But Buster whatever ruined part 8, a fist fight with Michael , REALLY??, without him it might have been awful instead on an abomination

It's me, Billy
11-03-2012, 06:52 PM
That's one of the few things that worked in TCM:TNG. Wasn't out of place at all. Especially considering where the idea for Leatherface came from originally.

Yeah, but he looked rediculous.

It's me, Billy
11-03-2012, 06:56 PM
The Zombie films are what killed it for me. Michael with long hair and a beard, wearing a hoodie, walking around half the film without the mask on, and shouting "Die!"

BBQ
11-03-2012, 07:27 PM
Somebody voted for part 1? I voted for Rob Zombie's H2. I almost voted for Resurrection, because it is awful and pointless, and Michael getting beat up by Busta Rhymes is so horribly, embarrassingly wrong. But I have to give that movie credit for the opening 15 minutes or so with Jamie Lee Curtis, which I thought was tense and very well-done, even if that whole sequence's purpose was just to reverse the ending of the last movie. And at least Michael Myers is still himself in that movie and not a stinky, bearded, no-mask-wearing white-trash hobo.

I almost think there should be separate options for the two versions of H6. I think the Producer's Cut is effective and creepy, but it ruins the story. The theatrical version is just weak. But I think Zombie's movies are the worst, especially H2 because he throws away everything that made the original story work and basically makes another Devil's Rejects movie.

DVD-fanatic-9
11-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Like an idiot, I lept into voting for a Sequel without seeing the Zombie films were listed. No question: Rob Zombie's films. He's a great musician, bad director.

However, I voted for Curse. As much as Halloween 4 never did much for me, the characters didn't infuriate me. Curse? Oh... for many years, this movie made me angrier than any other. (Thank you Saw and Trick 'R Treat for softening me on this one.) There's almost no way on Earth Resurrection (which I haven't seen) could possibly be worse. I hear the arguments about how it doesn't feel like a Halloween movie, and I raise you this film's... everything. Thank Christ I haven't seen the Producer's Cut (just Cinemassacre's review of it).

buck135
11-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Somebody voted for part 1?

My only explaination is that person thought they were voting for the remake.

Shannafey
11-04-2012, 04:44 PM
I would have said Resurrection years ago, but H2 is an abomination!

spawningblue
11-05-2012, 07:09 PM
H2. Zombie's vulgar redneck dialog, his wife and a white horse in it for no god damn reason, possibly the most annoying and obnoxious lead ever, no Halloween theme, Loomis is an out of character prick, and Michael Myers is just being a bearded hobo barely even wearing the mask. I wish the opening wasn't just a dream and killed off Laurie so we could at least follow a character we didn't completely despise.

Resurrection is bad but at least it keeps the theme song and Myers look and feels like a Halloween film.

MorallySound
11-05-2012, 07:44 PM
H2. Zombie's vulgar redneck dialog, his wife and a white horse in it for no god damn reason, possibly the most annoying and obnoxious lead ever, no Halloween theme, Loomis is an out of character prick, and Michael Myers is just being a bearded hobo barely even wearing the mask. I wish the opening wasn't just a dream and killed off Laurie so we could at least follow a character we didn't completely despise.

Resurrection is bad but at least it keeps the theme song and Myers look and feels like a Halloween film.

I can agree that Zombie's H2 is pretty terrible, but I couldn't vote for it because I firmly believe it was Zombie's full intention to 'ruin it' so to say... From what I've pieced together, and this could just be my own home-grown conspiracy theory, is that he agreed to direct the sequel even though he'd stated he never wanted to do a sequel after he made the first film (I know I've read these statements somewhere, or seen video of him stating this before H2 was even in the works, I just can't remember where...) and only wanted it as a one-off. And so under studio pressure I'm assuming he was forced to either direct the sequel or they'd get someone else to direct it, and so I speculate he chose to intentionally tank it to end the new franchise from continuing as those were never his intentions from making the first re-imagining. So in my opinion Zombie did a job well done on H2 if those were his intentions, but again those are just my own rumours. On a plus note though, H2's cinematography is absolutely gorgeous.

dave13
11-05-2012, 08:11 PM
On a plus note though, H2's cinematography is absolutely gorgeous.

there ARE some brief yet strong redeeming qualities in H2. I recall the scene where Brad Dourif discovers Danielle Harris's body being incredibly strong. Great acting, great cinematography, and great score.

I wish the opening wasn't just a dream and killed off Laurie so we could at least follow a character we didn't completely despise.

this is the other thing I liked about H2. The opening chase in the hospital and the guard shed is possibly the best Halloween-related material that Rob Zombie has created. Perhaps if he'd released the opening segment as a "short" rather than continuing on with the rest of H2, we'd all be singing his praises right now?

spawningblue
11-05-2012, 10:32 PM
there ARE some brief yet strong redeeming qualities in H2. I recall the scene where Brad Dourif discovers Danielle Harris's body being incredibly strong. Great acting, great cinematography, and great score.

this is the other thing I liked about H2. The opening chase in the hospital and the guard shed is possibly the best Halloween-related material that Rob Zombie has created. Perhaps if he'd released the opening segment as a "short" rather than continuing on with the rest of H2, we'd all be singing his praises right now?

I agree, those two scenes are both pretty effective, but a great Halloween film it is not. I am not a Zombie hater and think he is a talented Director (Though horrible horrible writer!) but in my opinion he butchered the Halloween films. The origin ruined everything Myers represents, the lack of the famous score, turing Loomis into a prick, making Laurie an annoying character that you want to die instead of root for, Myers as a hobo, ect. He should have just created his own character and it might have been a little easy to accept what he did to the franchise. I think it might have worked well as a character that switches masks or something.

Body Boy
11-06-2012, 01:49 AM
I agree, those two scenes are both pretty effective, but a great Halloween film it is not. I am not a Zombie hater and think he is a talented Director (Though horrible horrible writer!) but in my opinion he butchered the Halloween films. The origin ruined everything Myers represents, the lack of the famous score, turing Loomis into a prick, making Laurie an annoying character that you want to die instead of root for, Myers as a hobo, ect. He should have just created his own character and it might have been a little easy to accept what he did to the franchise. I think it might have worked well as a character that switches masks or something.

But don't you see? The RZ remakes have the most terrible characters ever, and it has a background with this child growing up in a terrible home, yet he is still nonredeemable. Doesn't matter how many shitty people come his way, he's pure evil with no redeeming factors.

Not saying it's a good film at all. But it does have a strong point to make.

Erick H.
11-06-2012, 05:48 AM
I never could get myself to see the Zombie films,so I can't rate them.Of the original batch I LOATHED 5,I saw it in the theater and just cringed through the whole thing.I dislike the sixth film as well but I find it a slightly more intriguing mess that PT. 5.I know Pt. 5 has it's fans though,only speaking for myself.

Fumi
11-07-2012, 03:49 PM
Resurrection was the worst one I've seen. The SyFy Channel has made quite a few movies that were better than that. Pretty much everything from 5 onwards was awful though. I haven't seen the Rob Zombie ones and I have no plans to.

Rft183
11-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Resurrection was the worst one I've seen. The SyFy Channel has made quite a few movies that were better than that. Pretty much everything from 5 onwards was awful though. I haven't seen the Rob Zombie ones and I have no plans to.

I think you are pretty much spot on. Starting with 5, the series really went downhill. I hate to admit I kind of enjoyed H20 though. I really despised the first Rob Zombie one, but the second was not too bad. It kind of surprised me after the first one sucked so bad!

Bobbywoodhogan
09-25-2014, 08:58 PM
Zombie's a Halloween II is the worst piece of shit I've ever seen and by that it's the movie I have enjoyed the least in my life. No exaggeration there.

I'd take a Halloween 666 and Halloween Resurrection over that shit.

rift
09-25-2014, 10:31 PM
Are people voting for H2 just based on the unrated home video cut?

I hated H1, but I went to see H2 in the theater for some reason and I came away admiring it. Sure it was a bad movie, but it was a singular, batshit-crazy vision that was never not interesting. It's Rob Zombie at his purest auteur form. Of course it's a mess, but it's also a complete F-U to the studio and everyone else. Next to H1 it is a masterpiece of avant garde cinema.

Body Boy
09-25-2014, 11:17 PM

I hated H1, but I went to see H2 in the theater for some reason and I came away admiring it. Sure it was a bad movie, but it was a singular, batshit-crazy vision that was never not interesting. It's Rob Zombie at his purest auteur form. Of course it's a mess, but it's also a complete F-U to the studio and everyone else. Next to H1 it is a masterpiece of avant garde cinema.

Spoken for the truth.

A lot of hate I notice comes from people not wanting to like something with a white horse. Which is weird, right?

I think the director's cut is the best. Definitely avant garde, and in the better half of the series. His first Halloween though? Awful. But not H20/Res awful.

Cujo108
09-26-2014, 12:20 AM
H20, followed by Halloween II, which is only slightly more tolerable due to the presence of Pleasence.

indiephantom
09-26-2014, 01:00 AM

I've still only seen the theatrical version and I liked it quite a bit for all the reasons you describe. I was disappointed that the theatrical cut wasn't on this new set.

DVD-fanatic-9
09-27-2014, 08:36 AM
Keep dreaming, 80's kids- Halloween H20 will only ever be inferior to Halloween 5 in your imagination.

And... a present: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuazGHCH_zw (made by me, for you)

Myron Breck
09-27-2014, 03:43 PM
I kinda liked H2 because it was so different. The thing I hated most about the first RZ flick was the whole chunk of the first half dedicated to his formative years--the absence of this aspect immediately makes the second film better.

Mikey Horror
09-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Resurrection takes the prize, hands down. Not even a competition. I absolutely abhor Zombie's films, but they're cinematic gold when compared to Resurrection.

Bobbywoodhogan
09-27-2014, 10:10 PM
Resurrection takes the prize, hands down. Not even a competition. I absolutely abhor Zombie's films, but they're cinematic gold when compared to Resurrection.

Wow really? I'd take Trick or a Treat mutha fucker over hick town, hobo myers any day of the week

indiephantom
09-28-2014, 01:37 AM
I kinda liked H2 because it was so different. The thing I hated most about the first RZ flick was the whole chunk of the first half dedicated to his formative years--the absence of this aspect immediately makes the second film better.

I'd have to agree with this. The second film got down to business. I hated that backstory stuff whenever it crept in, though.

Jack_Burton
09-28-2014, 03:55 AM
Rob Zombie's H2 is a cinematic abortion. Any version of it is dog shit on the bottom of my shoes. I'll take Resurrection over it any day.

second301
09-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Has anybody had chance to see both versions of the Curse of Michael Myers on the new complete collection? Which is best?

Mikey Horror
09-28-2014, 04:09 PM
Has anybody had chance to see both versions of the Curse of Michael Myers on the new complete collection? Which is best?

I'm not a fan of Curse any way you cut it. No matter how many ways you cut a piece of shit, it's still a piece of shit, but the Producer's Cut, in my opinion, wins out just for doing away with that grinding metal guitar score and uses the more traditional Halloween score which automatically makes it better in my book. The story, however, is still mind numbingly bad. The whole Jamie having Michael's baby thorn bullshit is just embarrassing and Farrands should never be allowed anywhere near the Halloween franchise again. Let's face it, it was so bad that they started over for Christ's sake.

Jack_Burton
09-28-2014, 06:24 PM

I prefer the p-cut. Better score, characterization, suspense and best of all, much more Dr. Loomis. He has some great scenes and moments, all of which are missing in the theatrical cut.

DVD-fanatic-9
09-28-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm not a fan of Curse any way you cut it. No matter how many ways you cut a piece of shit, it's still a piece of shit, but the Producer's Cut, in my opinion [...] The story, however, is still mind numbingly bad. The whole Jamie having Michael's baby thorn bullshit is just embarrassing and Farrands should never be allowed anywhere near the Halloween franchise again. Let's face it, it was so bad that they started over for Christ's sake.
Complete agreement: incest has no place in this franchise. EVER.

rift
09-28-2014, 08:35 PM
Complete agreement: incest has no place in this franchise. EVER.

Umm...did you see the original movie?

Mikey Horror
09-28-2014, 08:49 PM
Umm...did you see the original movie?

:hum:

zbinks
09-28-2014, 08:53 PM
:hum:

I think he's referring to the opening scene where Michael stares at and stabs his topless sister.

Mikey Horror
09-28-2014, 08:56 PM
Seriously? That's a fucking stretch.

rift
09-28-2014, 09:04 PM
Seriously? That's a fucking stretch.

If by "stretch" you mean "literally the subtext laid on with the subtlety of a frying pan hitting you on the face throughout the movie" then yes.

Mikey Horror
09-28-2014, 09:09 PM
:rolleyes: I sometimes wonder if people even actually watch these films.

Ptflea2
09-28-2014, 09:17 PM
Seriously, who voted for the original? Have some intestinal fortitude and make your case.....

Body Boy
09-28-2014, 09:44 PM
If by "stretch" you mean "literally the subtext laid on with the subtlety of a frying pan hitting you on the face throughout the movie" then yes.

While I don't think it quite compares to the actual outright incest of Part 6, I agree. For a "subtle" horror film, that incestual vibe was quite obvious.

Harrycanyon
09-29-2014, 12:04 AM
If you watch Halloween 6 Producer's cut, it makes the film better than the TC.

Resurrection all the way! no way i consider this canon to the franchise as to me Michael died in H2O, period.

startide
09-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Seriously, who voted for the original?

It shouldn't even be there. The subject at hand is Worst Halloween Sequel. :eek:

I suspect 6 would be my vote, had I seen it. Even reading about it has me scratching my head. Zombie's Halloween had moments, but only moments, and I haven't seen the sequel, the original was bad enough!!

Harrycanyon
09-29-2014, 09:34 AM
Yes and this is meant for the sequels