PDA

View Full Version : Best Horror/Animation Film or series

Dark Lord
01-16-2002, 06:42 AM
This would a tough one for me! Let the vote begin!

ParmagentoCheez
01-16-2002, 01:55 PM
where the hell is legend of the overfiend (hell on earth) or perfect blue? (anime giallo)
:mad:

Peter Vincent
01-16-2002, 04:48 PM
Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust

Beautifully animated, excellent story. non-anime movie watchers can even appreciate this movie! Beautifully done! Unfortunately, I had to see this alone at an "indie" theatre over here in Tampa 'cause none of my pals or even my wifey was interested in watching a 'cartoon' (the NOIVE :mad: )

Can't wait 'til the DVD release in March!

Andrew
01-16-2002, 07:16 PM
Akira. Maybe it's not horror but that blob at the end sure freaked me out.

BlazingMagnum
01-16-2002, 08:18 PM
I've never really checked out any animated stuff - as in the Manga movies - so my vote isn't gonna count for too much.

Nightmare Before Christmas is beautiful, but I'd have to say that my favorite animation in any horror movie is from Creepshow. Those comic links are just amazing. Pity about Creepshow 2 though. Somebody really screwed up, and blew the chance to really pull out the stops.

ioniczero
11-06-2008, 01:26 AM
Ok, I'm not sure if anyone's going to be able to help me on this or not, but there is a claymation type of horror animation that I am trying to find out the name to and it's driving me absolute bonkers. I want to say that I saw it as a kid and it scared the absolute crap out of me. I'm thinkin' it was made in the 80s. All I remember was this tall skinny blue creature with a long nose and really long curvy chin walking up some stairs? and it looks like a dark wooden house. then he gets to this kid's room and tries to scare this kid but the kid keeps rolling over to where he doesn't see him. and then, at some point this thing plucks the kid's eyes out and flies off to feed it's babies...? it was really weird. Anyways, if anyone knows what this was, please let me know. Curiosity is killin' me lol. Email me at ioniczero@gmail.com if you can tell me.

ioniczero
11-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Oh I have to also say that the claymation looked VERY much like Nightmare Before Christmas style.

Katatonia
11-06-2008, 02:30 AM
Im certain that I've seen what you described before ionic, but I can't remember the title at all. I remember renting it on VHS many years back.

BlazingMagnum
11-06-2008, 10:07 AM
Sounds like you were sinking some heavy drugs that night!!!

spawningblue
11-06-2008, 06:07 PM
Not claymation but Rankin Bass put out something called Mad Monster party in 1967.

Uncle Jay
11-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Not really horror (although the "B-17" segement is) but I voted Heavy Metal, one of the greatest animated achievements in sci-fi fantasy.

Also, I'd throw in Dead Space: Downfall, which was a very pleasant surprise!

http://ve3dmedia.ign.com/images/03/37/33723_normal.jpg

Mattapooh
11-10-2008, 10:26 PM
I saw Devilman one night at a friend's house after a party was winding down and it scared the hell out of me. That opening with the crabs and other animals eating fairies was really disturbing for some reason (must've been the shot of that one fairy struggling to free itself as the crab was eating it..... ugh....), but the whole thing was just really moody and messed up. Of course, it was the dubbed version, so once the whole "I'VE BECOME.... DEVILMAN!!!!!" part kicked in, I lost interest and passed out.

MacReady
11-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Not sure where this fits in,but IMHO one of the very best "animated horror related film or series":

DETHKLOK

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metalocalypse

AndresG
11-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Heavy Metal!!!!

Anaestheus
11-11-2008, 12:22 AM
Ok, I'm not sure if anyone's going to be able to help me on this or not, but there is a claymation type of horror animation that I am trying to find out the name to and it's driving me absolute bonkers. I want to say that I saw it as a kid and it scared the absolute crap out of me. I'm thinkin' it was made in the 80s. All I remember was this tall skinny blue creature with a long nose and really long curvy chin walking up some stairs? and it looks like a dark wooden house. then he gets to this kid's room and tries to scare this kid but the kid keeps rolling over to where he doesn't see him. and then, at some point this thing plucks the kid's eyes out and flies off to feed it's babies...? it was really weird. Anyways, if anyone knows what this was, please let me know. Curiosity is killin' me lol. Email me at ioniczero@gmail.com if you can tell me.

I saw that at an Animation Tournee. It was called "Sandman" and you can watch it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMFolaY-VWY

Anaestheus
11-11-2008, 12:28 AM
I've only seen about half of these, but my vote goes to Other.

There was an anime series called "Mermaid's ______" that was really quite creepy. The second word changed a few times. There was "Mermaid's Forest" and "Mermaid's Scar" and, I think, a couple of others. One of them has a story invovling a little boy, that is just so disturbing, it still stands and the best horror/animation I've seen.

Workshed
11-11-2008, 12:36 AM
Yeah, Metalocalypse is a great show.

Vampire Hunter D (1985) was the first real anime I'd ever seen. Not a bad way to start.

thrashard76
11-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Heavy Metal

vampyr789
11-12-2008, 12:57 AM
not really horror, the show was creepy sometimes and it was really dark.
more sci fi, but it was creepy sometimes.

Invader ZIM!

Harry Warden
11-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Got to go with my old pal Scooby Doo.

zompirejoe
11-12-2008, 05:48 AM
Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust, a visually captivating sequel that is equal to the original. I also dig Perfect Blue, Pet Shop of Horrors, Blood Reign, Urotsukidoji, Demon City Shinjuku, Ninja Scroll, and Devilman.

othervoice1
11-12-2008, 06:12 AM
Nightmare before Christmas is one of my all time faves so it wins- but Blood The Last Vampire and its spawned series Blood+ are a close second- the movie was just total eye candy while a bit short on story and running time, and the series (although I just started watching it on dvd) actually adds a great story and looks remarkable as well even in the series format.

Meanie
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I don't watch much Anime so I would have to go with Dead Space

baggio
11-12-2008, 04:22 PM
What? No love for Groovie Goolies ?

:)