PDA

View Full Version : Are Anchor Bay's Early Hammer DVDS OOP?

Django
01-16-2002, 11:40 PM
I ask because suddenly they're nowhere to be found and the lesser ones can be found on clearance at Suncoast.

That and I can't find an auction for Quatermass on ebay for under $20 bucks.

Any help or info would be handy...

mutleyhyde
01-17-2002, 01:57 AM
Hmmmm, I haven't heard a thing like that. I did email Anchor Bay back when the Suncoast Super Buys first hit the market, and they assured me that it was just an exclusive promotion, and that the titles were in fact not out of print. Why go to eBay by the way? Go to www.dvdpricesearch.com first, or www.dvdplanet.com. I'm betting you can still get 'em.

On a related note about older AB Hammer titles, I do know that if you bought Frankenstein Created Woman early on, you may want to check your copy... several people on other boards have said that it won't play anymore, and they cry DVD rot. Sure enough, I popped mine in the other night and my player wouldn't recognize it. *sigh* Back to AB it goes.

carl.kolchak
01-17-2002, 02:47 AM
Mutley, my FCW also rotted, it played perfectly for about a year then it was toast, kind of scary, my 1st disc out of about 300 to go bad. :(

Django
01-17-2002, 05:10 AM
Thanks for the info. I've been checking DVD Planet/Ken Cranes for a while now and everytime I do, both Quatermass films are always out of stock.

I'm gonna go out to their retail store tomorrow and search for 'em.

Never got around to getting Frankenstein Created Women since I have it on VHS. Is there anyway to tell if its the fixed version?

A red dot on the back of the case perhaps like The Black Hole...

mutleyhyde
01-17-2002, 01:02 PM
I'll look into that DJ, as I gotta send mine in anyway. Or you can email them yourself. We have a links section, on the main page, that has a link for Anchor Bay. I've always had good communication from them.