PDA

View Full Version : Dawn of the Dead Laserdiscs

buck135
06-03-2013, 07:17 PM
Well, I finally obtained all of the Dawn of the Dead Laserdiscs. There are two others, a German LD from Astro Records which is limited to 1000 and an old 1985 VCD. I doubt I'll ever see either of those in my lifetime. I do have an issue though, I received the Dawn of the Dead: Conclusion LD (brand new) today, however it was missing the CD. I contacted the company I bought it from, but I doubt they'll have another laying around. Anyone here have a copy? I would love to have a copy of it (hell I paid for it!). Please let me know. Thanks guys.

Paff
06-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I just have the two from Elite. My regular edition (the one on the lower left) was signed by George Romero, Ken Foree, and Tom Savini.

russweiss
06-03-2013, 11:54 PM
Very nice collection Buck. My old roommate (who first introduced me to laserdiscs back in the 80's) has Dawn on laser. I'll have to ask him which version he has.

ekent
06-04-2013, 01:03 AM
I can make you a copy. Incidentally, I recently scored the Conclusion LD set as well which formed like Voltron with my other LD Dawn releases for a true completion! I've got the 4 US releases, the 3 Japanese releases and the 2 German releases. I have the VHD as well ;) The major hole in my collection is the 3 reel Super8 version from Germany. I do have a 5 reel Super8 Italian language version which is the entire Argento cut.

buck135
06-04-2013, 02:44 AM
I can make you a copy. Incidentally, I recently scored the Conclusion LD set as well which formed like Voltron with my other LD Dawn releases for a true completion! I've got the 4 US releases, the 3 Japanese releases and the 2 German releases. I have the VHD as well ;) The major hole in my collection is the 3 reel Super8 version from Germany. I do have a 5 reel Super8 Italian language version which is the entire Argento cut.

Wow man. You've really got me beat. I'm good with these eight. The VCD and the Astro Records discs will probably never be seen again, but I'm cool with that. Thanks for the offer on making the disc, I just saw that it's the same as the Anniversary CD, so I'll let it go. Thanks Ekent for the offer.

buck135
06-04-2013, 02:47 AM
Very nice collection Buck. My old roommate (who first introduced me to laserdiscs back in the 80's) has Dawn on laser. I'll have to ask him which version he has.

Thanks man. I always keep hoping that I'll stumble upon some cut of Dawn with the original ending. Lol. I'm convinced that it's sitting in Richard Rubenstein's attic.

ekent
06-04-2013, 02:58 AM
So no need for the CD then?

I'm always on the hunt so I'll send you a PM if I see the other German LD, or the VHD.

buck135
06-04-2013, 05:24 AM
So no need for the CD then?

I'm always on the hunt so I'll send you a PM if I see the other German LD, or the VHD.

No thanks. I'm good since I have the Goblin anniversary CD which has all of those tracks and more. Thanks though Ekent.

jscott
06-08-2013, 03:01 PM
I recently scored the Conclusion LD set as well which formed like Voltron with my other LD Dawn releases for a true completion! I've got the 4 US releases, the 3 Japanese releases and the 2 German releases. I have the VHD as well ;)

Post a picture of all of your Dawn LD's! Here's my Romero LD collection:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7195/6912553097_50e61421b7_o.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/profondocinema/6912553097/)
Laserdiscs (http://www.flickr.com/photos/profondocinema/6912553097/) by Profondo Cinema (http://www.flickr.com/people/profondocinema/), on Flickr

Dave
01-06-2014, 01:22 AM
I can get the Dawn conclusion box for 180 delivered.

Worth it?

Seems to be impossible to find. It must fetch some high prices. I suppose I could always sell it.

Is it LBX or P&S? Any unique extras?

buck135
01-06-2014, 02:33 AM
I can get the Dawn conclusion box for 180 delivered.

Worth it?

Seems to be impossible to find. It must fetch some high prices. I suppose I could always sell it.

Is it LBX or P&S? Any unique extras?

I'm fairly certain that it'a LBX. The extras were underwhelming if I recall correctly. $180 delivered is pretty good, just make sure it has the CD. My copy did not come with one.