PDA

View Full Version : Warner-Hammer News!

Ashirg
01-29-2002, 09:51 AM
From www.dvddrive-in.com : Warner Home Video is now in the early stages of releasing the Hammer classics CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN and HORROR OF DRACULA on DVD, following their recent success with THE MUMMY (1959).

mutleyhyde
01-29-2002, 10:48 AM
Well, thank the gods! It's about time. Hope DVDDrive-in is on the money with this one.

skinnypuppy6
01-30-2002, 12:26 AM
YES! now that news truly kicks ass!

Chucky P
01-31-2002, 04:05 AM
yes good news indeed
Hopefully we will be able to see Horror in all in it's technicolor glory!

mac-hammer-fan
02-01-2002, 08:01 AM
Early stages?
I hope the release will be soon and not in 2005...
And what about all those great movies such as "Dracula has risen from the Grave", "Taste the Blood of Dracula", "The Gorgon", "Frankenstein must be destroyed" and many others?
No sign of a DVD release of these!
:(

And more important. If they are released, will they be uncut? (e.g.. "Taste the Blood of Dracula" in the UK on VHS is missing a lot of blood and gore and other tapes are also mutilated)

hassan chaup
02-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Finally Warner gets off its ass.I somehow expect them to fuck em up still. I can't wait to retire my old vhs copies.

Johnny Alucard
02-06-2002, 05:36 PM
This is very good news indeed. Hopefully they can get good prints. Neither film has looked very good in previously released versions. I hope Warners continues to release the rest of their Hammer films. They have some really good ones and some rarely seen ones in their library. I guess they will use the sales of these 2 releases to decide that.

Meanie
02-06-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Johnny Alucard
Hopefully they can get good prints. Neither film has looked very good in previously released versions.

You want to talk about Warner using bad prints of Hammer films?
Does anyone else have a problem with Warner's "Dracula has risen from the Grave', because my VHS copy has a yellow tint on the left and right sides of the screen for some of the scenes (particularly the scenes at the castle).:confused:

Roger Keightley
02-06-2002, 11:49 PM
The artificial colouring on DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE is deliberate. Director (and Oscar-winning cinematographer) Freddie Francis had gels with graduated colouring mounted in front of the camera lens for some shots of Dracula. It seems he wanted to give the Count a more ethereal look.

Yowie
02-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Does Warner own the remaining Hammer Draculas ?. AB released "Satanic..." and "Scars...", and I can't wait for the rest. Something tells me I'll have to, though. :confused:

RabidFulci
02-11-2002, 09:52 PM
As of Now "HORROR OF DRACULA" will be released on a special edtion DVD as is THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN, this should be out sometime later this year.

Dracula Prince of Darkness, Scars of Dracula, Dracula A.D 1972, and Santanic Rites of Dracula have been released from AB, the only two remaining entries are TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA(which I hope is released soon in it's uncut Eurpean format) & DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE(I'd like to see this only if for it to be in letterboxed form), both of which are owned by Warner Bros....

mutleyhyde
02-12-2002, 01:59 AM
http://heresie.free.fr/filles/munro/37.jpg

The sad fact is that Dracula A.D. 1972 has not been released by Anchor Bay, or anybody domestically in America yet. It's truly a shame... because I do love this woman!

http://heresie.free.fr/filles/munro/158.jpg
Caroline Munro, mmmmmm... (http://www.heresie.com/enfer/cm.htm)

And while not a Christopher Lee vehicle, Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires was in fact an attempt by Hammer to extend the series without Lee's involvement. As far as Hammer was concerned, Legend was in fact a Dracula movie. Anchor Bay has released Legend of the 7 Golden Vampires.

hassan chaup
02-12-2002, 04:41 AM
Rumor has it that there is a remake in the works for Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires! Great shots of Munro, thanks Mutley