PDA

View Full Version : Jason Goes to Hell dvd

zombi3
02-06-2002, 05:43 PM
Now that Jason X is officially hitting the theatres on April 26, Jason Goes to Hell should be coming to dvd as well. Let's hope it's the unrated version and that New Line doesn't pull a "Trimark". (Remember ROTL3?)

AceRimRat
02-06-2002, 10:05 PM
I hope this is coming soon, and I hope it's the unrated version.

And since I've only seen it on video, I'm hoping it's nice and widescreen-OAR.

:p :D :p

rhett
02-07-2002, 02:03 AM
I think it will be unrated. The only reason I can justify New Line using the theatrical prints for the Nightmare On Elm Street films is because the box set was such a big risk, that keeping it rated probably allowed maximum distribution to stores, but that is just my guess. New Line has been very good with uncut material, so I don't think they will disappoint, especially since there has been plenty of feedback supporting the uncut print at the various chats they've had on the net.

I hate this movie, but I would buy it uncut, because the gore is just too cool!:)

zombi3
02-07-2002, 05:05 PM
There is also some rough footage, including the "hell spawn" sequence and a scene where a guy gets his face bashed into the bathroom sink, that is missing from both the R-rated and unrated versions. Hopefully this will be on the dvd as an extra!

BlazingMagnum
02-07-2002, 05:20 PM
I saw the old unrated laserdisc - that had some cool footage in there.

dlundh
02-07-2002, 09:57 PM
The UK R2 PAL disc seems to be the "unrated" version but it's in 4:3.

It's available now though so if you have a regionfree player... Knock yourself out! :)

zombi3
02-14-2002, 04:06 PM
So far New Line has not released any info on this dvd. Does anyone know if it will be out by Jason X?

K'
02-14-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by dlundh
The UK R2 PAL disc seems to be the "unrated" version but it's in 4:3.

It's available now though so if you have a regionfree player... Knock yourself out! :)

At least the 4:3 picture is open mate and not pan&scan. The quality of the disc ok, slightly better than the unrated us ld I own.