PDA

View Full Version : Best Song Performance by an Actor

Hellbilly
02-06-2002, 10:18 PM
Any favorite "singing" performance from your favorite actor?
These are just a few from millions, so fill me in.

http://members.aol.com/CompGod260/pinkani/singhead.gif

rhett
02-07-2002, 12:37 AM
Great poll Helly, there are too many good ones to pick! Flip a coin between Blue Velvet and AWIL, AWIL wins. :)

bigdaddyhorse
02-07-2002, 05:36 AM
Had to go with Scary Movie cuz I almost pissed myself when I first saw it. It might not be horror, but like Shorty says
"that's some ill shit son!"
Sounds like some shit I'd write if I still wrote rhymes.
Kudos on the poll!

Peter Vincent
02-07-2002, 05:00 PM
J. Connelly looked incredibly hot in Dark City...very reminiscant of 30s fashion, yet erotic & sensual. she got my vote!

Good poll Hellbilly! What's with the inclusion of the Jeeper Creepers song from the "big boombaladdy" psychic in the movie....YIKES! Everyone I know HATES her nervous singing style! Other than that the other choice are pretty I-ight! ;)

Hellbilly
02-07-2002, 05:07 PM
The "big boombaladdy" :D psychic wasn't exactly my first choice, I kinda included her cuz I couldn't think of any other. Anyways, her singing wasn't all that bad, or was it? :D

calpurnia
02-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Demon and Anita
Only Spider from RotLD could do a crappy rip off of Rick James and make us laugh.

Mark Relford
02-07-2002, 09:58 PM
I voted for Blue Velvet. I love that song.
Damn, no votes for Stand Up. That's surprising.:D

AceRimRat
02-07-2002, 10:26 PM
I voted for Phantasm. I always thought those guys were actually pretty good singers.

Isn't at least one a musician of some sort in real life?

Peter Vincent
02-08-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by AceRimRat
...Isn't at least one a musician of some sort in real life?

As a matter of fact you're absolutely right! Reggie Bannister has aband AND a CD out. He sings good too! Check out this link:

http://www.nightmarez.com/regman.htm

Works best on Nestscape Navigator! By the way, the song from Phantasm IV: Oblivion called Have U Seen It? kicks a$$ and has the Phantasm theme mingled in it! I urge U to give it a listen at the link above! (but again, U need Netscape to listen to the songs automatically)

Meanie
02-08-2002, 08:57 PM
What no "Name your Poison" sung by Christopher Lee in "The Return of Captain Invincible". :D
Or hell what about "The Rocky Horror Picture Show":p
I don't if you consider them horror movies but there more horror-comedy.

If you want a song from a real horror film what about the Siren Song sung by Britt Ekland :) in 'the Wicker Man' (or any song from 'the Wicker Man' for that matter)

Hellbilly
02-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Meanie
"The Return of Captain Invincible", "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" 'the Wicker Man'

Sorry, never heard of these films before. :D

Anyways, don't be so mean meanie, you ol' nag. ;)

calpurnia
02-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Britt Eklund's Hey Ho should have been up there with Susan Sarandon's TOUCH ME from R.HPS
And Chris Lee is a great singer, esp. on Greensleeves with Diane Cilento.
Its a shame hardly anyone has seen THE WICKER MAN, which I think qualifies for Best Musical/Horror.
RHPS has witty lyrics and even lampoons the old RKO films at one point.

Hellbilly
02-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by calpurnia
Its a shame hardly anyone has seen THE WICKER MAN, which I think qualifies for Best Musical/Horror.

Of course I have seen THE WICKER MAN, THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW and even CAPTAIN INVINCIBLE.
But don't ask me why I didn't include them here... I'm just a very very disorganized guy who sometimes forgets to include the best stuff even though it's right under my nose (I own TWM & TRHPS both on DVD....). :rolleyes:

BlazingMagnum
02-11-2002, 06:46 PM
Another cool poll, Billy - I dunno about the worst - but the best is definitely Giovanni Lombardo Radice, singing Yankee Doodle Dandy, in Cannibal Apocalypse

. . . . Yankee Doodle went to 'nam, Yankee Doodle dandy.
Yankee Doodle got shot up, he put a feather in his cap - and called it macaroni!:D

Tawny
04-02-2005, 08:42 AM
I had to go with Demon and Anita from Friday the 13th part 5. One of the best parts of the movie. Any death scene that involves a toilet or outhouse gets props from me. I was very very tempted to go with Reggie Bannister from Phantasm, because that guy is really fucking cool. But overall I think I like the outhouse deathscene better.

onebyone
04-02-2005, 08:44 AM
Pamela Springsteen singing Happy Camper in SLEEPAWAY CAMP 2

One of my favorite movie moments right there.

wizzer
04-02-2005, 08:54 AM
well i suppose its supposed to relate to horror but i like "skeet surfin" by val kilmer.

Agent Z
04-02-2005, 08:55 AM
I voted for Phantasm. I always thought those guys were actually pretty good singers.

Isn't at least one a musician of some sort in real life?

As a matter of fact you're absolutely right! Reggie Bannister has aband AND a CD out. He sings good too! Check out this link:

Works best on Nestscape Navigator! By the way, the song from Phantasm IV: Oblivion called Have U Seen It? kicks a$$ and has the Phantasm theme mingled in it! I urge U to give it a listen at the link above! (but again, U need Netscape to listen to the songs automatically)

Yeah, and Bill Thornbury (http://www.phantasm.com/hpages/Thornbury_bio.html) is no slouch in the musical department either. :)

Spacevis
04-02-2005, 11:15 AM
I had to go with other: Jim Carrey singing Somebody To Love in Cable Guy. That still cracks me up.

Anthropophagus
04-02-2005, 12:43 PM
'It takes a man like me to be a woman like me'-Gene Simmons of KISS in the hermaphrodite fun fest, Never Too Young To Die, also starring John Stamos. Though calling Gene Simmons an actor may be somewhat of a stretch, ditto Uncle Jesse. ;)

Damage
04-02-2005, 01:26 PM
Went with After Midnight. Ben and Reggie sound pretty cool singing that song on the porch in Phantasm and the extra on the DVD, with Ben singing I believe, sounds great too.

Luna
04-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Aww, no votes for Aylmer? Well, he has one now. :lol:

Agent Z
04-02-2005, 01:34 PM
Angela humming her "acquired" tune in Sleepaway Camp. It's catchy and creepy. :)

fceurich39
04-02-2005, 05:26 PM

yep also voted for phantasm song after midnight

RickMoe
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
OTHER: David Hess singing The Road Leads to Nowhere in LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.
Even though he doesn't sing it onscreen.

Katatonia
04-02-2005, 06:17 PM
The Driller Killer singing in Slumber Party Massacre 2. Let's Buuuuuuzzzzzzzz.

mandy bradley
04-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I went with the Phantom of the Opera because I just love that story no matter what way it is told. But I also loved Isabella Rossilini singing Blue Velvet in the film Blue Velvet, it was great.

MansonRPG
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
How about a different song from Blue Velvet? Harry Dean Stanton lip-synching "In Dreams" while Dennis Hopper acts like he's flaked out of his mind? Now that's a performance.

RyanPC
04-02-2005, 07:27 PM
I went with Gloria and Pat's song in Cannibal Ferox, because it's just so damn cheesy. In my opinion, it just rocks. :D

But there are many favorites of mine up there: Blue Velvet was a close second, followed by Demon and Anita's song in F13 Part 5 and Pam Springsteen's Happy Camper song in Sleepaway Camp 2.

tobaccoman
04-02-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm saying tie between Jim Carrey "Don't You Want Somebody To Love" in The Cable Guy and anything and everything from Cannibal! The Musical.

maskull
04-02-2005, 07:45 PM
Pamela from Sleepaway camp. so catchy. :-)
also liked Demon and Anita from Friday 5. I often find myself singing that in the shower.

Tien21
04-02-2005, 07:48 PM
Id have to go with Kevin Spacey doing Bobby Darin in Beyond the Sea. It was excellent.

dwatts
04-03-2005, 01:37 AM
OTHER: Lee Marvin - I Was Born Under a Wandering Star.

maskull
04-03-2005, 04:34 AM
you people are all cheating!! it's supposed to be Horror Films! :mad: :cry:

Gwyneth Paltrow. any song from Duets. :D

dwatts
04-03-2005, 04:55 AM
Erm, nowhere did it say horror...... Lee Marvin's singing WAS horrible, well to some. ;)

maskull
04-03-2005, 05:14 AM
it's in the All Things Horror forum. anyway i don't really care. just "upset" because i would have voted "other" if i had know it could be from any type of movie.

Gwyneth Paltrow should release an album and go on tour. :-)

dwatts
04-03-2005, 05:17 AM
Cripes. I didn't even KNOW there was an "all-things horror" section :D

maskull
04-03-2005, 05:26 AM
Cripes. I didn't even KNOW there was an "all-things horror" section :D
:lol:

tobaccoman
04-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Me niether! But Blue Velvet being on the poll should have somewhat hinted that we weren't talking about "only" horror movies though. Still a very easy misunderstamding.

Mortis
04-03-2005, 03:35 PM
I picked Phantasm. Hot as love! I love the Miguel A. Nunez part to death, but Phantasm takes my vote. Like it's been mentioned before, Reggie has a band called Reggie "B" & the Jizz Wailin' Y'a' Doggies. They rock.

maskull
04-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Me niether! But Blue Velvet being on the poll should have somewhat hinted that we weren't talking about "only" horror movies though. Still a very easy misunderstamding.
oh well. it doesn't really matter. I was pretty much just kidding around anyway.

and I actually didn't think about Blue Velvet not being a horror film. I figured maybe someone would consider it to be. I've been surprised before.

MorallySound
04-03-2005, 08:41 PM
I went with Motel Hell's Cut Vocalists.