02-12-2002, 11:46 PM
Does anyone know where to get Scream Dir Cut DVD from
heard it was out on dvd region 3 not sure through

K'
02-13-2002, 11:56 AM
There are 2 diffrent Scream Director's Cut DVD (and a unrated ntsc laser disc):

Japanese ntsc region 2:
Picture: 2,35:1 anamorph
Audio: Unrated version english DD5.1, r-rated version english DD5.1 and japnese dub DD2.0surround (funny beyond believe)
Extras: You can choose if you want to watch the r-rated or unrated version, trailer (the japanese trailer rocks:)) and interviews.
Reviews:
Bullets and Babes (http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com/article.php?sid=118)
Splatterhouse (http://www.splatterhouse.net/reviews/s-t/screamjap.htm)
UK DVD Debate (http://www.dvddebate.com/article.php?sid=980)

Danish pal region 2 (only avaible as box set with part 2):
Picture: 2,35:1 letterbox
Audio: english DD2.0
Extras: Biographies, "Behind The Scream" documentary (ca. 31 min.), Outtakes (ca. 4 min.), Screentests - Neve Campbell, Skeet Ulrich, Jamie Kennedy (ca. 7 min.), What's New In Scream - Director's Cut?, Trailers (Scream, The Skulls, The Whole Nine Yards, Down To You).
Reviews: I found no english reviews only a review in danish over at DVDMAGASINET (http://www.dvdmagasinet.dk/anmeldelser/dvdM/screamdirectorscut.asp).

I own the japanese disc and I'm really happy with it.
It is out of print and afaik hard to get. Movietyme (http://store.movietyme.com/product7460.html) in the uk has it for 59.99, you can try ebay to get it cheaper...

BlazingMagnum
02-13-2002, 08:08 PM
60.00 for Scream! - Fucking insane!

Someone'd have to pay me to watch it again.

Falchi
02-14-2002, 12:56 PM
You can buy the dir.cut + part 2 box in Finland as well for 33.47 euro check www.filmifriikki.fi

Reverenddave
02-15-2002, 09:16 AM
It looks like the Japanese Region 2 DVD is going to be re-released on February 22nd. The price has dropped almost in half. It's available at CDJapan.co.jp (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/) for US$23.44 + shipping.

K'
02-15-2002, 12:06 PM
That's good news for everyone who want a copy. Since the pal release is only letterbox and DD2.0...

NaturesMistake
11-04-2008, 12:38 AM
LOL... another thread resurrection. I thought this was common knowledge, but just so everyone knows, the American VHS version was indeed the NC-17 cut. That's why I haven't upgraded my Scream trilogy to DVD. The only thing that sucks is that this was shot in 2.35 . Mine is 1.33 (fullscreen).

Matt89
11-04-2008, 12:43 AM
Yeah, cropped 1.33:1 versions of scope films are virtually unwatchable.

~Matt

NaturesMistake
11-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Yeah, but they didn't do too bad of a job.

I Know What You Did Last Summer was more hacked up...

Matt89
11-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah, but they didn't do too bad of a job.

I Know What You Did Last Summer was more hacked up...

Well, I mean you never really can do a "good" job of cropping an image and destroying a director's vision. Any scope film gets hacked to shit when made into a 1.33:1 fullscreen or "pan & scan" version.

~Matt

hotbodynick
11-04-2008, 04:22 AM
If I'm not mistaken, some American VHS prints are cut, some aren't. I have purchased in the past both the full frame and widescreen VHS (pre-DVD mania) and both of the ones I got my hands on were cut. I have since purchased the Japanese DVD to watch in its full, uncut glory and it is a great disc. Well worth owning.

I'm not on crack or anything, but in a way the R-rated cut seems to be more shocking though. Especially jarring cuts while the camera zooms during the tree scene at the beginning.

hots4
11-04-2008, 04:57 AM
the korean dvd is also the uncut edition, it's region free and contains a nice array of extra's it's very cheap also, i got mine for about 3.50 (around $7) that included postage and packaging, can't remember the name of the site i got it from, no doubt a search on google would find decent site.

Paul0889
11-04-2008, 05:56 AM
actually the korean disc is cut, but just a little. everything is the same as the uncut version except for the scene with drew berrymore hanging from the tree. the korean disc still zooms in to her body fast like the R rated version. everything else however is unedited.

bigdaddyhorse
11-04-2008, 06:03 PM
I got the Scandinavian disc off ebay a while back when the Japan disc was impossible to find or so expensive it hurt. I thought it would be great with all those extras, but all they are is stuff from the existing R1 disc and some more stuff from the bonus disc in the Scream boxset.

I also recall reading somewhere that while the Japan disc was anamorphic and 5.1, it still looked like ass and wasn't worth the bother to track it down. Something about plenty of artifacts, washed out blacks that were really greys. I know I had it in my head that the Scandi. disc was the one to get due to quality of the others.

I still love this flick and would upgrade for a good 16X9 DC. Those extra 24 seconds help a lot. Anyone with the Japan disc care to comment about quality?

ekent
11-04-2008, 06:26 PM
I picked up the DTS Laserdisc about a year back, great disc! The additional material is minor but I dig the film and prefer the few moments included. The most notable difference to me is the slower zoom in on Drew Barrymore hanging in the tree, much creepier than the rapid MTV zoom. The DTS track on the disc is nice, a couple of the school bells almost had me out of my seat.

Reverenddave
11-07-2008, 08:46 AM
The Korean disc is great. Anamorphic widescreen, region free, ntsc, basically uncut (except for the fast zoom) and you can pick it up for around $10 shipped.

I'll stick with that until the Blu-Ray is released.

DVD-fanatic-9
11-07-2008, 05:43 PM
If I'm not mistaken, some American VHS prints are cut, some aren't. I have purchased in the past both the full frame and widescreen VHS (pre-DVD mania) and both of the ones I got my hands on were cut. I have since purchased the Japanese DVD to watch in its full, uncut glory and it is a great disc. Well worth owning.

I'm not on crack or anything, but in a way the R-rated cut seems to be more shocking though. Especially jarring cuts while the camera zooms during the tree scene at the beginning.
Really? I don't remember which version of the movie I saw first. I rented it. The VHS I own is uncut. Which was the first version I saw was the more shocking. Darn it all, I can't remember.