PDA

View Full Version : The Vampire Lovers on R2 DVD in March

Behemoth
02-20-2002, 03:44 PM
Don't know if this is old news, but Blackstar, Bensonsworld and Play247 all have The Vampire Lovers available for pre-order on R2 DVD - release date March 18.

Unfortunately there are no specifications available regarding aspect ratio and sound. It has a running time of 91 minutes.

Epicus
02-22-2002, 09:08 AM
Ive heard that all other Hammer Reg.2 sucks a bit so dont be to happy yet. Myself is from sweden and its really expensive to buy Hammer DVD from USA if it wasnt for the great place EBAY!
It would be great if they would start making some good quallity Reg2 Hammer film here. :cool:

skinnypuppy6
02-22-2002, 09:18 PM
is it a studio-canal dvd?? if so it should be pretty good

Behemoth
02-24-2002, 11:36 AM
I don't know who's releasing it, or if it's gonna be widescreen or fullscreen. Is there a region 1 release coming soon? Thought I'd read this somewhere, but I'm not sure.

carl.kolchak
02-24-2002, 06:28 PM
Behemoth, I think the MGM R1 disc is scheduled for August. I thought about buying the R2 SHE but the transfer was ripped apart in reviews so I passed, I think I'll play it safe and wait for the R1 VAMPIRE LOVERS....but if I see some great reviews of the R2 disc and am in need of a Madeline Smith fix, things might change. :)

Behemoth
02-25-2002, 10:45 AM
hehe, thanks! it's priced at only 9.99 at Play247, but I think I'll save my money for the MGM R1 release.

mac-hammer-fan
02-26-2002, 05:11 PM
The cover-art of the DVD mentions "Midnight Movies" and is the same of the cover-art from the MGM NTSC VHS-tape.
According to www.dvd.co.uk it will be region O but I don't know whether it will be 16 x 9 enhanced.
Anyway, you are never sure with the release dates in the UK. "The Creeping Flesh" was announced for march 2002 and is now postponed to june 2002...
Check this link http://www.dvd.co.uk/product.asp?id=IPD10563 for info and http://www.blackstar.co.uk/video/item/7000000069096 for the cover-art.
:)
It is not a Warner release. I hope the horror is not mutilated as it was in some Warner tapes from the UK such as "Taste the Blood of Dracula", "Satanic Rites of Dracula" and "Plague of the Zombies". Does anyone know if the scene in "Dracula Prince of Darkness" where the priest puts a stake through the heart of a vampire woman is still cut? On the Warner VHS tape all the blood in this sequence was removed...:(

Behemoth
02-28-2002, 10:24 PM
I got this e-mail reply from Ruth at Bensonsworld, regarding "The Vampire Lovers" R2 DVD:

"The company releasing it is ILC Prime and I doubt very much it will be anamorphic widescreen."

mac-hammer-fan
03-05-2002, 06:28 PM
"The Vampire lovers" will not be released in the USA by MGM in August, but perhaps in November. :(
It will contain an audio track commentary.
We can't thank George Reis from DVD-Drive-In enough:without him it simply would not have happened...
:)