PDA

View Full Version : Nastiest death-by-burning!

BlazingMagnum
02-21-2002, 06:49 PM
What's the best immolation you've ever lapped up!
The nastiest, screaming, squirming, pain-wracked burning you've ever dug!

A thousand thank-yous to HellBilly, for the poll advice! I owe ya!;)

Hellbilly
02-21-2002, 08:54 PM
Congrats Blaze, lots of "cool" ;) stuff to choose from.
I voted for "The Hidden". I just love that film and especially the "flaming-alien" ending.
My second choice would have been "Don't Go In The House" with some of the most intense, disturbing sizzling scenes I've ever had the pleasure watching. Those scenes were so hot you could actually light a cigarette holding it on the screen. :D

Worth mentioning: "Firestarter" a classic example of pyrotechnic madness or "The Exterminator", a barbecue masterpiece. ;)

Mark Relford
02-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Had to go with The Burning. I almost felt sorry for Cropsy.
Smokin' poll, Blaze.:D

Peter Vincent
02-21-2002, 09:35 PM
No Halloween 2 burning to a pulp Michael Myers! He shoulda died man!!!!

BlazingMagnum
02-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Forgot about Halloween 2 - silly me:eek:

There are stacks of nasty & aggressive burning scenes, but I had to try to come up with a concise list of iconic burning moments, and a few that don't usually stick out so much.
Sorry if I missed anyone's favorites out.

Trout
02-22-2002, 11:42 AM
Gotta go with Dead and Buried, because he also gets a needle in his one good eye.

Jamm
02-22-2002, 04:26 PM
The Wicker Man - what a way to go.

That screaming is disturbing. Then, suddenly, it stops...

DavidHess
02-23-2002, 07:53 AM
I thought the burn in Swamp Thing was well-done. It scared the hell out of me as a kid, and probably was the first burn gag I ever saw in a movie.

skinnypuppy6
02-23-2002, 06:54 PM
fat ugly bitch head in the oven ---Touch of Death "oh Lester".

BlazingMagnum
02-23-2002, 08:29 PM
fat ugly bitch head in the oven

That scene was cool - but I just remembered the scene from Absurd / Rosso Sangue, where Annie Belle gets her head cooked, before a final spurt of dying-agonized energy, where she jumps up & stabs George Eastman / Luigi Montifore in the back of the neck a few times.

calpurnia
03-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Wes Craven's THE HILLS HAVE EYES has one man burned alive by Papa Jupe and his clan. This is one of the most graphic burnings I have ever seen.

rhett
03-05-2002, 03:37 PM
My vote went to The Wicker Man, but there were a lot of great choices there, great poll Magnum!

mac-hammer-fan
03-09-2002, 10:07 AM
I voted for "Dead and Buried", although it was difficult to choose between this movie and "Mark of the Devil"
Another one you could add was "The Hills have eyes" from Wes Craven.

;)

piggwinn
03-09-2002, 11:27 AM
I went for The Wicker Man. One of the most gruesome deaths was not in a horror film for me , it is the demise of Gene Hackman in Nic Roegs "Eurika". I could do with this one on dvd.