PDA

View Full Version : Finally got Black Christmas...

Andrew
02-26-2002, 08:20 PM
Found the Canadian disc for $18 at my local Best Buy. It was a great surprise, because I've been meaning to order this forever but I never did.

I watched i the other night and DAMN! Awesome flick! It's just so creepy! I loved it! Need to start watching some more slashers.

The disc looks good too, but some scenes kinda look like they're pan and scanned. But either way, I'm glad to have it.

rhett
02-27-2002, 12:28 AM
Hey Andrew, glad to hear you finally saw this awesome flick! There are a couple scenes though, that definitely suggest it is open matte. Take a look at the upper portion of the frame during the first group phone call. When all the girls close in together, a boom mic can clearly be seen above. I really wish they would have included a widescreen print too, but no worries it is a great disc.

Joel Groce
02-27-2002, 05:58 AM
Yeah - it really doesn't get much better than this - when anyone asks what is a really scary film to check out, I always mention this one. I have a hard time watching this by myself after it ends and I start to dwell on it...

wago70
02-28-2002, 05:49 PM
When I first saw this something rare happened...one shot (the killers POV wandering around the house and then climbing up...) gave me the chills something terrible! That could be any of our "safe" homes, everyone.
From that moment, I was hooked and the rest of the movie is the things good chillers are made of...