PDA

View Full Version : What is your least favorite DVD extra feature

Trout
03-10-2002, 12:25 AM
Which DVD extra feature do you hate the most?

rhett
03-10-2002, 02:34 AM
I dislike the bios, because they are usually just short little snippets of information everyone already knows with a filmography culled straight from imdb.com at the end. I wish they'd just save space and think of something more interesting.

Mark Relford
03-10-2002, 05:11 AM
I've never been a big fan of still galleries. Most of them bore me to tears. The same goes for bios.

AceRimRat
03-10-2002, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
I've never been a big fan of still galleries. Most of them bore me to tears. The same goes for bios.

I second this one and rhett's, though I voted for bios, since at least with still galleries you get pictures from the film, vs. stuff you can get off IMDB.

Shannafey
03-11-2002, 04:09 AM
I say pack everything on the DVD they can, but in all honesty, the still galleries do nothing for me. I flip through them after I've finished everything else on the disc, but I would never go back and look at them again. Shit, I buy so many damn DVDs, I don't know if I will ever be able to watch any of my DVDs more than once.

thrashard76
03-11-2002, 07:37 AM
Cast And Bios
It's just text form of what the interviews, behind the scenes and the like say in audio form. It's a neat extra and is worth the name "extra". The others is more like appendages to the body of the movie itself.

Trout
03-11-2002, 12:35 PM
I hate the bios mainly because they list almost everyone in the film, but you can only select one or two names at the most.

Meanie
03-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Trout
I hate the bios mainly because they list almost everyone in the film, but you can only select one or twonames at the most.

My feelings exactly

Peter Vincent
03-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Man, I can't believe 10 votes on the STILL GALLERIES to date! I don't know 'buot U, but I like to see pictures, so I dig the stills!

The one I voted for, I wouldn't necessarily say "hate", but rather "don't put to use" would be feature length audio commentaries. Especially when they include more than one! I guess because I rarely have a lot of time to watch ALL my DVDs the 1st time, much less a commentary the length of the movie!

Jamm
03-11-2002, 02:45 PM
Count me as another who just doesn't give a sh*t about the still galleries.

skinnypuppy6
03-12-2002, 04:44 AM
stills fuck putting them on a disc print them on 5/7 cards unless they are stills of nude scenes only then I say keep em'

DefJeff
03-12-2002, 05:25 AM
Originally posted by rhett
I dislike the bios, because they are usually just short little snippets of information everyone already knows with a filmography culled straight from imdb.com at the end. I wish they'd just save space and think of something more interesting.

i voted for bios for this exact same reason

DefJeff
03-12-2002, 05:27 AM
i really like the still galleries when they have the cover art to old vhs's and like posters from around the world and such. i dont like the still galleries that are just pictures from the film... thats lame.