PDA

View Full Version : Name that flick

Hellbilly
03-26-2002, 07:46 PM
Actually, I'm asking this for a friend of mine, maybe you guys can help out. He's in search of the title of an old - black & white - Hammer film. The film featured several different stories that all tied in together at the end. He recalls two stories, one about a game of hide and seek in a castle where a girl meets a weeping ghost in a secret room, and another about a guy who keeps dreaming of a hearse pulling up to his door. It's an old horse drawn hearse and the driver looks up at the guy in the window and says, "just room for one more sir!".

???

DVD Connoisseur
03-27-2002, 07:14 PM
I've seen this film. 99% certain it's Dead of Night.

I'll check and post back to confirm.....

DVD Connoisseur
03-27-2002, 07:24 PM
....a true classic in every sense of the word.

Made in 1945, this Ealing anthology movie is absolutely gripping. It's well worth a viewing as there are many excellent moments and there's a genuinely creepy atmosphere throughout the movie.

I know that AB had it on their release list some time ago but I don't know if it's still planned.

Hellbilly
03-27-2002, 07:42 PM
Thanks a bunch DVD Connoisseur.
Nice to see somebody in this forum who actually knows something about Hammer films. ;)

Thanks again for helping. :)

rhett
03-27-2002, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
Nice to see somebody in this forum who actually knows something about Hammer films. ;)

What's a "Hammer" film? :D :D

Hellbilly
03-27-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by rhett

It's short for a MC Hammer video I guess. :D ;)

Mark Relford
03-27-2002, 10:41 PM
Please Hammer, don't hurt 'em!

maybrick
03-27-2002, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by rhett

Not "Dead of Night", that's for sure! ;)

DVD Connoisseur
03-27-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by maybrick

Not "Dead of Night", that's for sure! ;)

Yep, I was wondering when somebody would spot the deliberate mistake.:D

This film pre-dates the Hammer era. It was made by Ealing, famous for their comedies and was something of a break from tradition. Whatever its pedigree, this film is top notch - well worth checking out.