PDA

View Full Version : Halloween: Resurrection

rhett
03-27-2002, 04:45 PM
What are your thoughts on the name change and poster for Michael's next adventure?

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00005JKLJ.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I think the poster looks pretty creepy, but I would have rathered they stuck with The Homecoming. The new review at Creature Corner (http://www.creature-corner.com/reviews/halloween8.php3) has really revived my interest in the film. I was beginning to have doubts with all the reshoots and bad press, but it looks like we have a winner on our hands!

I am a little concerned about the July 19th release date though. July is typically the biggest and most cluttered month of the year when it comes to cinema, so depending on what it is up against, and the success or failure of Jason X, this could be dead on arrival.

Is anyone else really psyched for this movie?

Dave
03-27-2002, 05:17 PM
That is a cool poster. I love the Halloween series but I'm not looking forward to this film. H20 was a half decent way to end the series. Why continue it? Well, obviously for financial reasons. I'll see it in the theater only because I saw Part 6 and H20 in the theater, and I feel I have a tradition to keep.

Peter Vincent
03-27-2002, 05:45 PM
I didn't realize there was a name change until I read this thread! Like U Rhett, I kinda dig Homecoming better! Does the new title hint at what Michael's gonna do a la Jason in Friday VI??? Hmmmm....

As for seeing this movie...I dunno...maybe! I didn't like H2O too much! H2O kinda looked like a "let's make this movie with a Scream flavor" sell-out! The poster's kinda cool though!

Andrew
03-27-2002, 05:58 PM
Awesome poster, and I like the title better too. Homecoming was kinda.....eh......I dunno. Didn't sit right with me. I didn't like H20 at all, so this can only be a step up :).

rhett
03-27-2002, 08:11 PM
I only skimmed over the Creature Corner review to avoid spoilers, I really want to go into H:R and Jason X knowing as little as possible about the movies, but I can't help but wonder how they are going to continue H:R after H20's climax. That and the inclusion of Jamie Lee has me sold, but the plot summery seems pretty desperate. But with slasher films its all about execution, if the mood is there, then the film usually works, regardless of the script.

How do you guys think this is going to do at the Box Office?

I don't think it will come near the 50 million that H20 pulled in, but I do think it has the potential to bring in around 30 million if the film is as good as Creature Corner says...

Hellbilly
03-27-2002, 10:11 PM
I'm all giddy watching "Resurrection" (which sounds kinda like some zombie flick methinks).
I'd say it's probably gonna make about $30-$40 million at the box office.

Mark Relford
03-27-2002, 10:29 PM
With Rosenthal back in the director's chair, there's hope for a decent sequel. (Despite the problematic shoot, Halloween 2 rocked.) Hell, it can't be any worse than Halloween 5 or 6.:p

Agent Z
03-28-2002, 05:30 AM
Poster art for a HALLOWEEN sequel featuring a close-up of the Shape? Never seen THAT before....:D And isn't that an awkward place to put the film's tagline?..........looks like a long nasal strip.....

DefJeff
03-28-2002, 05:32 AM
SPOLLER FROM HALLOWEEN H20

didnt they cut his head off at the end of h20?????????????? how they gonna explain THIS one ;)

DefJeff
03-28-2002, 05:34 AM
ps- that poster is fresh

my favorite poster/cover art was for Halloween 4 and it reminds me of that

AceRimRat
03-28-2002, 08:29 PM
I just hope it doesn't end up like Alien Resurrection. :p

rhett
03-30-2002, 12:34 AM
Originally posted by DefJeff
my favorite poster/cover art was for Halloween 4 and it reminds me of that
I have all the One Sheet posters for the Halloween films, and the one for H4 is definitely the best. The bluish glow around the face takes the cake.

If I were to rank the posters it would probably be in this order:
4, 1, 2, 5, 6, 8, H20.

Rosenthal's film have wonderful visual composure and he is very talented behind the camera, so if anything this film should have a nice visual look if anything. I can't find the ratio for this film anywhere, but let's hope it gets the 2.35:1 ratio that made the first two films so masterful!