PDA

View Full Version : St. John's Wort

Lindane
04-05-2002, 07:00 AM
I thought this movie was pure crap! Really lame. Aside from a few clever antics, this movie sucked the big one. I don't see why everyone raves about it. I watched almost the entire film in FF (2x). Anyone else care to comment?

K'
04-05-2002, 09:01 AM
Maybe you will like it more if you see it in 1x speed :p

I loved the visuals, since they are truely unique. They and the great score made me oversee some of the weird plot holes.

Evil Disco Guy
04-06-2002, 03:01 AM
I agree it's a stunning looking movie but the holes and lack of a real "umph" to it made it sub-standard. I still enjoyed it though, just not the best film I've seen in a while.

Bods
04-07-2002, 12:00 AM
Ending was a bit of a letdown, but other than that, I loved it.

dvdasia62
04-13-2002, 10:08 PM
I thought the visuals and filming techniques were excellent and there were a few creepy moments. Not the best I have seen but ok. Not a bad DVd for $11. :)

Wermode
05-01-2002, 03:36 AM
I finally got around to seeing this and liked it. I tend to favor films with unique visuals: long on style and imaginative cinematography. I also appreciated the surreal aspect of the video game vs. reality twist, but I'm a fan of the Silent Hill series, too, so I'm admittedly biased.

Perhaps St. John's Wort is not a great film, but it sure appealed to my tastes.

dwatts
07-02-2005, 12:40 AM
I just watched this one. Part of me says that I ought not to like it, but the ottom line was, it was quite entertaining. People have mentioned the unique visual style, but honestly, I didn't think it was that unique to be honest. Some of the effects, for instance some of ther color toning, was actually quite lame. But somehow this DV film, which comes across as something made for TV (almost a complete lack of gore, you could easily show this in prime time), kept me interested.

I liked the plot, and though the ending was a bit poor, it doesn't matter. Obviously low low low budget. I'm not going to go ahead and recommend it, but if you're feeling in the kind of mood where you have a very open mind, it's probably worth a visit.

razorbackattack
07-02-2005, 01:49 AM
this movie = :sleepy:

Katatonia
07-02-2005, 09:44 AM
this movie = :sleepy:

Yep, same here...I just about fell asleep. Crappy movie! :lol: