PDA

View Full Version : Tell Me Something - R1/NTSC - May 14th

Reverenddave
04-10-2002, 11:31 PM
The Korean thriller Tell Me Something is coming to Region 1 NTSC DVD on May 14th from Kino Video. MSRP is $29.95. It will be Letterboxed (1.85:1) with 5.1 Surround Sound. Language Options are Korean, English Dubbed and English Subtitles. It looks like the only Special Features are a Theatrical Trailer and a Photo Gallery.

Here's the "Pre-Book" ad from Video Store Magazine (http://images.andale.com/f2/115/106/1203959/1018462251475_Tell_Me_Something.jpg)

DVD Connoisseur
04-11-2002, 12:06 AM
Great spot, Reveranddave. This certainly looks an interesting movie and its release on R1 will open the film up to a wider audience.

Anybody purchased a Kino Video release before? I'm wondering how the quality will compare with the existing releases.

Lindane
04-11-2002, 11:42 AM
DVD Connoisseur:

From what I understand about your tastes in Asian film from reading your posts is that you will absolutely love this movie. I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was very good. Almost, but not quite up there with Audition and Ring. Key word "almost". Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

DVD Connoisseur
04-11-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Lindane
DVD Connoisseur:

From what I understand about your tastes in Asian film from reading your posts is that you will absolutely love this movie. I saw it a few weeks ago and thought it was very good. Almost, but not quite up there with Audition and Ring. Key word "almost". Do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Cheers! I'm placing my order now....

I'll let you know what I think (I'm genuinely excited about this title).:D

flesh-huntr
04-12-2002, 05:52 AM
Great film...there is an excellent version available at pokerindustries.com. It includes an all-region widescreen transfer with dolby5.1, trailer, cast info, and music video. It's only 19.99 and these guys are probably the BEST place to order dvds online.

dvdasia62
04-13-2002, 11:04 PM
www.HKFlix.com is even better for Asian titles. Great selection, excellent delivery service and very reasonable prices. You can get the same version of "Tell Me Something" at hkflix for only $17 and change. BTW, "TMS" is one of my favorite Asian titles, almost like "Se7en" meets "Silence Of The Lambs". :)

DVD Connoisseur
04-14-2002, 02:16 AM
...very competitive as well.

www.dddhouse.com

So many suppliers, so many choices.:D