PDA

View Full Version : Terror Train - Region 2/PAL

Reverenddave
04-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I just watched the Spanish Region 2/PAL DVD of Terror Train. The transfer is VHS quality, maybe a little better, but not up to the standard we normally expect from DVD. It's Fullscreen, which might be open-matte because there doesn't seem to be much missing from the sides. I haven't seen the film in 10 years, so I can't really tell if anything's been cut. It's in English with optional Spanish subtitles.

For most people, I'd recommend waiting for an eventual Region 1 release. But if you're a fanatic and your old VHS is wearing out, you can get this DVD from DVDGo.com for under $20.

http://www.dvdgo.com/isroot/DVDGO/Image/comunes/peliculas/216.jpg

rhett
04-11-2002, 01:51 AM
Thanks for the info Rev. I really hope Fox (or whoever the hell owns the rights now) gets on the ball and releases this gem. It would make a great companion piece with the DVD release of Halloween Resurrection. Terror Train was filmed by Kubrick scribe, John Alcott, so there is a chance the DVD could be full screen like Kubrick's DVDs. Does anyone have any other info on this?

Mark Relford
04-11-2002, 07:24 AM
Originally posted by rhett
I really hope Fox (or whoever the hell owns the rights now) gets on the ball and releases this gem.

Hell yea! I haven't seen Terror Train in ages. Can't even find this mofo in video stores to rent. Hell, I'd even watch it on TV!:eek: A R1 release would be so nice.

Hellbilly
04-12-2002, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford

Hell yea! I haven't seen Terror Train in ages. Can't even find this mofo in video stores to rent. Hell, I'd even watch it on TV!:eek: A R1 release would be so nice.

Same here. Bring it on!

Egg_Shen
04-12-2002, 05:17 AM
Terror Train was filmed by Kubrick scribe, John Alcott, so there is a chance the DVD could be full screen like Kubrick's DVDs.

Wow, I had no idea. He went from films like "Barry Lyndon" to films like this and "The Beastmaster". Hmm... I wonder what he's doing now.

By the way, I really enjoy "The Beast Master" ;) never saw "Terror Train" though. I bet it looks nice- right?

rhett
04-12-2002, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Egg_Shen
Hmm... I wonder what he's doing now.
Decaying. :D

Alcott bit the dust back in 1986. He was a great cinematographer though, no doubt about it! If you haven't seen TT yet Shen go out and watch it now, definitely one of the best slasher films out there!

Lindane
04-12-2002, 10:51 AM
I remember Terror Train scaring the absolute bejesus out of me when I was a kiddie!!!! That cover art is the greatest!!

Egg_Shen
04-15-2002, 07:00 PM

Decaying. :D

Alcott bit the dust back in 1986. He was a great cinematographer though, no doubt about it! If you haven't seen TT yet Shen go out and watch it now, definitely one of the best slasher films out there!

I can't find the blasted thing! None of the video rental(s) here have it. Knowing Alcott shot it really peeks my interest though. The "Beastmaster" ain't "Barry Lyndon" or "The Shining", but Alcott sure does make it look pretty.