PDA

View Full Version : Audition major ending.... wtf?

Sinister Ash
04-12-2002, 04:29 AM
I just saw Audition today during my paper break, and I was totally stunned. It got freakier as the film progressed.

***possible spoilers***

as for the ending.... what is the truth??? is the girl innocent? or is she really killing/mutilating teh guy? How about all those places that he visited?? where those real? hallucinations?
I'm really confused about what's reality and what's imagination.

If someone who's seen the film can explain in this tread, that would be really helpful. There's nothing like watching a really great film, then being confused about the truth.

Shannafey
04-12-2002, 03:26 PM
I don't think anyone can explain that ending!!!

Mat
04-12-2002, 08:17 PM
Phew! I'm glad I'm not the only one who didn't understand the ending.........

Black_Mandarin
04-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Yeah, its pretty clear that it is his imagination at work, but whether or not he is actually right is left out in the open. The ambiguousness is what makes the film work even better, makes it more creepy, because the movie doesnt just wrap it up in a nice bundle and say "She was abused as a child and now she searches for men to torture." As far as her actual deal, you'll never know, only that she was out there punishing men.

DVD Connoisseur
04-13-2002, 12:37 AM
It's over 14 months since I watched this movie but my thoughts were:

a) The guy was definitely being tortured
b) Due to the drugs, the visions of the past were possibly true. Certainly the "hero" was tripping but there may have been some truth in his hallucinations. The sequences help explain the girl's mental state and also fill in unexplained plot points......

Love that dog bowl!:p

Sinister Ash
04-24-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by DVD Connoisseur
It's over 14 months since I watched this movie but my thoughts were:

a) The guy was definitely being tortured
b) Due to the drugs, the visions of the past were possibly true. Certainly the "hero" was tripping but there may have been some truth in his hallucinations. The sequences help explain the girl's mental state and also fill in unexplained plot points......

Love that dog bowl!:p

that's a pretty good theory on what happened.

anyone else have any ideas? i'm sure that there are more people who have seen this film and have been boggled.

*******spoilers*******

how about the very end of the film where you see some guy in a wheelchair taping his legs? is that the hero? and what about that dude who got his head cut off while playing the piano? real? hallucinating?? what the heck was that?

********end spoilers*******