PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen SHATTER?

carl.kolchak
04-12-2002, 06:02 PM
http://www.anchorbayentertainment.com/files/013131185591.jpg

I've only seen the trailer on the Hammer trailer disc and I have to admit it looks painfully bad. But it does have Peter Cushing and I do like the groovy guns and kung fu cover art. Is it worth a pre-order (June11) or is it destined for the $2.99 bargin display at Sam Goody? :)

Yowie
04-12-2002, 10:20 PM
I'd say get it, but that's because I've always liked it and you might not of course. It does have some kung fu stuff (which is not really my cup of tea) but if you like '70s action movies (Whitman was sort of the uncrowned king there for a while) I think you'll enjoy it. I guess in all honesty it is a bad movie, but they can be fun too, and besides; Cushing, Diffring and Whitman together is a rare occasion and therefore a must, IMHO.

carl.kolchak
04-15-2002, 04:57 AM
Thanks for the info Yowie :cool: it has been so long since I watched the trailer that I didn't even know Anton Diffring was in it, that is a great cast! Definitely looks like it could be bad but fun, will have to keep it next to Prehistoric Women. :)

Yowie
04-16-2002, 09:42 PM
You're very welcome, Carl. With the VHS from AB out years ago I wonder what took them so long to release the DVD. At least it includes a commentary track with Whitman, maybe that's why. He must be old now, probably retired, I don't think I 've seen him in anything lately so I'm looking forward to this. Cushing is great in this one by the way, but that's no big surprise of course. :cool: