PDA

View Full Version : Worst of 1987

Hellbilly
04-13-2002, 12:41 AM
Yeah, there were a few bad ones. :D

DVD Connoisseur
04-13-2002, 01:05 AM
....I've managed to avoid all of these listed films.:D

1987 was turkey central judging from the above!

DefJeff
04-13-2002, 06:19 AM
blah... redneck zombies blows..... got my vote

Mark Relford
04-13-2002, 07:41 AM
Rock 'n' Roll Nightmare gets my vote. Thor's probably flipping burgers somewhere.
Alien Predator was one rancid flick. What a creative title!:rolleyes:

HD, you need my permission to post a "Worst Of" poll.;):p

Hellbilly
04-13-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford
HD, you need my permission to post a "Worst Of" poll.;):p

Ah, I guess I have pleased the "Meister" then...:D ;)

rhett
04-13-2002, 07:32 PM
Man...Hobgoblins is horrible! There is a reason why it is ranked in the top 5 worst movies ever made on IMDb. I am glad I am the only vote for it, because that means most people haven't had the misfortune of subjecting themself to this horrid, horrid film.

STREET TRASH
04-14-2002, 12:42 AM
Most of these I haven't even seen! Or head of...

I chose REDNECK ZOMBIES. Anything shot-on-video is almost always contender for worst movie ever made.

Mark Relford
04-14-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by rhett
Man...Hobgoblins is horrible! There is a reason why it is ranked in the top 5 worst movies ever made on IMDb. I am glad I am the only vote for it, because that means most people haven't had the misfortune of subjecting themself to this horrid, horrid film.

I've had the misfortune of seeing Hobgoblins. (The Mystery Science Theater version, thank God!)
rhett, Hobgoblins is a walk in the park compared to um, Ghoulies Go To College.:p

Hellbilly
04-14-2002, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Mark Relford

rhett, Hobgoblins is a walk in the park compared to um, Ghoulies Go To College.:p
http://www.ezboard.com/intl/aenglish/images/emoticons/laugh.gif
Let's please not forget "Final Exam", shall we? :p ;)

rhett
04-14-2002, 04:57 AM
Hahaha, come on guys I can only take so much. You are never going to let me live those two down are you? :)

Shannafey
04-15-2002, 05:27 AM
The only one I have seen on that list is Redneck Zombies, and yes, that's a piece of crap!!

Agent Z
04-15-2002, 09:22 AM
I've seen all of these, but the choice is too easy: JAWS:THE REVENGE is probably the worst MAJOR studio film to ever be released. Many mainstream (and genre, for that matter) critics have JAWS:THE REVENGE on their "all-time worst" lists...and I just can't argue against them.

Jamm
04-16-2002, 09:32 PM
On a scale from one to Suck Ass, I'm sure you all know where Redneck Zombies stands.

I didn't think this was 1987 though, I thought it was more like 1997.

onebyone
10-11-2005, 07:14 AM
BUMP for REDNECK ZOMBIES. And because this poll is funny.

Luna
10-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Oh wow, I missed this one too, and before I scrolled down to see it was getting a lot of hate here, I voted for Redneck Zombies. :lol:

Katatonia
10-11-2005, 08:02 AM
JAWS: The Revenge was horrible beyond words.

Big Bobby D
10-11-2005, 08:33 AM
Man, I've seen several off the list and I honestly can't vote for which one I believe is the worst! I think that I am the only one who likes Redneck Zombies though. Yeah, it's a piece of shit, but it's hilarious (intentionally and unintentionally)
And Mark, Thor is still going at it with both his music and acting. He is supposed to be working on or even done with Rock N Roll Nightmare 2 as well as it's soundtrack. How do I know? I used to be a die hard Thor fan. I've still got several of his vinyl lps and cds. :p

Erick H.
10-11-2005, 09:14 AM
I've gotta go with JAWS:THE REVENGE.For one thing,it was a major studio movie ,with a major star.The rest are just too easy a target,like burning up ants with a magnifying glass,AVERAGE movies tower over them like Greek gods !

Plus,the bit in JAWS where the fake-assed shark jumped up and ate the banana boat made me laugh so hard in the theater that I almost had a stroke !

MorallySound
10-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I can't vote, as I've only seen two of them: Redneck Zombies and I Was A Teenage Zombie. And I love AND own both of them!

RyanPC
10-11-2005, 01:09 PM
The Last Slumber Party

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed I Was a Teenage Zombie? :lol:

walkingdude
10-11-2005, 01:22 PM
What a great list of movies!Can't wait for the Troma release of Plutonium Baby.:D

Rest in Pieces just beats out Jaws The Revenge because I remember how pissed off I was that RIP had such cool box art and was such a lame movie.

walkingdude
10-11-2005, 01:24 PM
One of my faves Ryan!:lol:

tobaccoman
10-11-2005, 03:18 PM
Jaws: The Revenge, although I hven't seen most of these films.

:fuck: I think Redneck Zombies should be taken off this list though :fuck: (and re-inserted in the BEST OF 1987 poll)! :fuck:

maybrick
10-11-2005, 03:36 PM
Jesus, I haven't seen ANY of them! And here I've been deluding myself that I was a true horror fan! :D

Truth be told, I remember 1987 too well. I was in Junior High. I hated 80s pop culture and fashions then and I still don't hold any love for that period now so I don't actively seek out movies from the era. IMO, even the movies that were technically "good" (I'm referring strictly to Hollywood movies, not foreign films) are bad. I guess thinking back upon it a little more, I believe I rented Creepozoids and Redneck Zombies 15 years ago or thereabout. I don't remember either well enough to vote.

Hellbilly
10-11-2005, 04:00 PM
I do enjoy some of those listed now, more then I did back then :D
However, there are still quite a few stinkers on the list I'd rather never watch again.

maskull
10-12-2005, 12:43 AM
Jaws: The Revenge was pure crap. I liked the first 3 Jaws movies, but this one had no redeeming value. Of course the only other one that I've seen on that list is Alien Predator, and I really don't remember it.

MorallySound
10-12-2005, 01:23 AM
The Last Slumber Party

Um, read the post above yours. :lol:

Mark Relford
10-12-2005, 03:33 AM
And Mark, Thor is still going at it with both his music and acting. He is supposed to be working on or even done with Rock N Roll Nightmare 2 as well as it's soundtrack. How do I know? I used to be a die hard Thor fan. I've still got several of his vinyl lps and cds. :p

Jeez, you weren't kidding! :eek:

http://www.diabolikdvd.com/category/Horror-[sl]-Thriller/Intercessor-~-Rock-and-Roll-Nightmare-2-(NTSC-Region-1).html

What's next, a sequel to Black Roses?

Agent Z
10-12-2005, 03:39 AM
I've gotta go with JAWS:THE REVENGE.For one thing,it was a major studio movie ,with a major star.The rest are just too easy a target,like burning up ants with a magnifying glass,AVERAGE movies tower over them like Greek gods!

That was the one qualifier for me that pushed Jaws:The Revenge all the way to the top of the list. I can't recall a major studio film as inept as this one.

Of course, there's also the infamous side-story, where Michael Caine had to pass on attending the Oscars (and accepting his eventual award), since he was on location filming this epic as the time. :o

indiephantom
10-12-2005, 04:43 PM
I haven't seen any either, and I was in high school then. That was the year I was just starting to get into horror, actually.

allmessedup
10-12-2005, 05:33 PM
REDNECK ZOMBIES is actually entertaining on a certain level, so I voted for THE LAST SLUMBER PARTY. I know I should have seen JAWS: THE REVENGE by now, but I haven't. I'm just a sorry excuse for a bad movie junkie.

Peter Vincent
10-12-2005, 06:05 PM
Only one I've had the misfortune of seeing on the list is Jaws: the Revenge...which was horrible.

None of those titles really appeal to me either.

LivingDeadMafia
10-12-2005, 06:06 PM
The only one of those ive seen is jaws revenge, and i remember i had to turn it of less then half way through so it gets my vote, and will continue to avoid the rest.

Shokk
12-29-2005, 11:14 PM
Hobgoblins or its close cousin Munchies...Though i give the slight edge to Hobgoblins in overall suckiness..At least Munchies had Harvey Korman. :D

satans-sadists
07-25-2007, 06:30 PM
Redneck Zombies.

wago70
07-25-2007, 09:49 PM
JAWS the Revenge was a disappointment but I loved the ending. Shame they changed that sucker for the VHS, DVD and laserdisc! I want it back!!!!
I also saw a cable version which showed ALL the shark cables, ect whenever they showed the sharky.