PDA

View Full Version : Return to Laserdisc!

Choptop
04-13-2002, 04:46 AM
After selling my 70+ disc collection plus my player over two years ago, I have decided to get back into LDs. Got a CLD-503 on ebay for a little over $100, and I have just begun to re-build my collection starting with Elite's Day of the Dead and the Aliens CAV set, only put me back about $30 total in discs. I've held much regret about selling everything, so I figured, what the hell. Besides scouring ebay is kinda fun.

My goal is to fill in the void left by certain DVD counterparts, or the lack-there-of on DVD. In particular The Fog SE, Escape From New York SE, The Howling SE, Elites TCM 2 (hmm, sense an MGM pattern?) Halloween CRIT, Dawn of the Dead CAV just to name a few. Even if these end up on DVD just as they did on LD, it wouldn't bother me to buy the same thing twice seeing as lots of LDs can be found very cheap.

Oh and, Don, If you happen to be reading this, where about in Michigan do you plan on moving to? Anchor Bay and now Synapse, both based out of Michigan, looks like we've got a monopoly on the horror market :) You picked the right time of year to come here, hope you enjoy it.

Dave
04-13-2002, 05:16 AM
http://horrordvds.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1887

Egg_Shen
04-14-2002, 10:04 AM
Um, so Dave, whatever happened to your review for the Encyclopedia of Horror box set?

Dave
04-14-2002, 03:15 PM
I wanted to wait for my new player. Right now I don't have a player....

Maybe in a month or so.

Egg_Shen
04-14-2002, 06:06 PM
Ah, good deal. I've considered buying that before, but wasn't sure it was worth the hefty price it went for on ebay. I'll be looking forward to that review Dave.