PDA

View Full Version : Terror Train, My Bloody Valen. DVD?

novaguy2000
04-15-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey all,

There are a handful of old slasher flicks I want to see given the widescreen treatment on DVD, and didn't know if anyone had heard anthing about these films being released on DVD:

Terror Train
My Bloody Valentine
Happy Birthday to Me
April Fool's Day

None of these have even had new VHS releases recently, so I can't believe we haven't heard of any new editions for DVDs.

And while I have your attention, is The Fog finally coming out this year? Thanks for any info!

y2doublet
04-15-2002, 08:48 PM
Hi there! The only title I've heard anything concrete about is My Bloody Valentine, which is owned by Paramount and they've indicated that the title may get a release in the future. In a recent thread at HTF the members were asked by Paramount to submit three requests for catalogue-titles to be released and My Bloody Valentine got quite a few votes. Other highly requested titles in that thread like Don't Look Now, The Tenant, Silver Bullet and The Prophecy have already gotten releases since then or will be getting.

As for Terror Train I've heard that it's owned by Fox. Seeing how they slowly is starting to release older stuff (Legend of Hell House, The Fury, Phantom in Paradise, and Entity in R2) perhaps they'll get to this particular title in time for Halloween. That's wishful thinking but still.

In closing, The Fog is getting the deluxe-treatment from MGM this fall and will include the extras that were on the late laserdisc plus some additional features.

Hope that helps! :)

rhett
04-15-2002, 09:33 PM
Martin Blythe, PR Representative for Paramount has stated at the HTF that My Bloody Valentine and April Fools Day will be getting released on DVD sometime in the next year. There have been some rumors on HTF that horror fans will be very happy wil Paramounts post-August schedule, so perhaps horror fans will finally get some extras or uncut prints of old slasher flicks. Or maybe that means that a Friday the 13th box set is in the works. Who knows, it will be interesting to find out though.

Terror Train was released theatrically by Fox, but rumor has it that a Canadian company, Critical Mass, currently owns the rights. Who knows what the status of this film is, I have petitioned and attempted to contact Fox numerous times on the matter, but alas no luck.

Happy Birthday To Me is owned by Columbia (along with Graduation Day), and I highly doubt they will ever release it. Their releases as of late have had little catalogue titles, and of the ones they've released, almost all of them have been larger scale Hollywood productions. Damn.

I really hope we get to see some good slasher films on DVD this year. I think Universal will come through with a Halloween III disc, but whether it will have extras is anyones guess.

STREET TRASH
04-15-2002, 11:38 PM
I think GRADUATION DAY is now owned by Troma, and they plan to release it w/ another film, sort of a 2-for-1. The other film's name escapes me at the moment.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Hellbilly
04-16-2002, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by rhett
There have been some rumors on HTF that horror fans will be very happy with Paramounts post-August schedule, so perhaps horror fans will finally get some extras or uncut prints of old slasher flicks.

So far Paramount has never ever released any unrated DVDs (or any unrated movies in general), but maybe we're in for a surprise after their post-August shedule...would be cool though.

Mark Relford
04-17-2002, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by STREET TRASH
I think GRADUATION DAY is now owned by Troma, and they plan to release it w/ another film, sort of a 2-for-1. The other film's name escapes me at the moment.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

You're right. Give ST a year supply of refreshing Viper.:D
Graduation is being paired with another movie called Buttcrack. Sounds like a winner!;)

I'll be happy to see these old school slashers on DVD. I'm tired of seeing crap like Cut and Christina's House getting DVD releases.

STREET TRASH
04-17-2002, 02:24 AM
Woohoo Viper!! {{{downs quickly}}} Oh fuck....

mystro
04-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Mark Relford

I'll be happy to see these old school slashers on DVD. I'm tired of seeing crap like Cut and Christina's House getting DVD releases.

Me too, we need dvds of slashers in the vein of Twitch of the Death Nerve and Black Christmas, not the shitty ones like Valentine.