PDA

View Full Version : Uzumaki

Wermode
04-18-2002, 05:49 AM
After reading comments here about Uzumaki, I grabbed a copy.

I can't think of a film that more effectively captures the distortion of reality (and just plain fear) caused by obsession...being sucked into a vortex. Haunting images at just the right times, and nice acting throughout.

Some reviewers I've read on other sites dismissed Uzumaki as "a film about a bunch of spirals." As usual, mainstream critics just don't get it.

People who don't like bizarre humor or surreal presentation should probably try before they buy this one, but I loved it. Thanks for the recommendation, forumites.

slinker
04-18-2002, 09:33 AM
I loved Uzumaki...it had a real style of its own and was very original, you cant say the same about alot of films lately :)
Im always on the look out for something like this, does anyone have any other suggestions?? (please dont say Inugami as it bored me to tears!)

Black_Mandarin
04-18-2002, 09:15 PM
I got that it was about obesession; I liked it, but wasnt particularly creeped out or scared. I think the spiral thing was neat, but it still felt gimmacky. Still, if you love style, the film is impressive and has it in spades. I recommend it all the time, a shame more people havent seen it.

Lindane
04-19-2002, 02:25 PM
I love Uzumaki. It's like Tim Burton on acid or something. I thought that scene with homeboy all caught up underneath the wheels of that car was pretty disturbing. I can't get the look on his face out of my mind. It's interesting to watch this and find all the subliminal spirals too.