PDA

View Full Version : Pools

Hellbilly
04-19-2002, 10:34 AM
Got a favorite pool scene in a horror flick?
Here are a few to choose from.

Hellbilly
04-19-2002, 11:31 AM
I had to vote for the final pool scene in the underrated (methinks) THE KISS. Meredith Salenger's struggle to get out of the pool as her aunt is headed her way, she keeps on getting half out of the pool and then falling back into the water again...pretty intense stuff.
Loved that J. Peter Robinson score by the way. http://www.horrordvds.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

piggwinn
04-19-2002, 03:04 PM
I had to go for another film. H. G. Clouzot's Les Diaboliques. Absolute classic suspense!

Peter Vincent
04-19-2002, 04:23 PM
Freddy's Pool party in Nightmare 2 is one of the definitive moments in the otherwise weakest movie in the Nightmare series. Gave it my vote...what the heck!

thrashard76
04-19-2002, 04:25 PM
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 all the way.;)

STREET TRASH
04-19-2002, 05:51 PM
Certainly not the best film on the list, A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 2 wins, regardless.

Hellbilly
04-19-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by piggwinn
I had to go for another film. H. G. Clouzot's Les Diaboliques. Absolute classic suspense!

Yeah, I know it's a great film that's why I included it in this poll:

Diabolique (US title) aka The Devils (US TV-title) (1955) / Les Diaboliques (Original French title). :)

rhett
04-19-2002, 07:43 PM
The Freddy pool party masssacre in ANOES 2 gets my vote. ANOES 2 is actually one of my favorites of the series. Good poll Hellers, but enough with this HOSR propaganda!!!! :D :)

Hellbilly
04-19-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by rhett
Good poll Hellers, but enough with this HOSR propaganda!!!! :D :)

:D

Propaganda?
I'm just pointing out the really good stuff here rhetts. :p ;)

Yowie
04-19-2002, 08:21 PM
I voted for "The Legacy", they really managed to make that sequence creepy. What a way to go.:(

DefJeff
04-19-2002, 09:28 PM
hmm wheres the pool scene from House at the Edge of the Park :D

i voted for other pools ive enjoyed... nominating House at the Edge...

Hellbilly
04-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Dammit! I knew I missed one.
Sorry 'bout that DefJeffs. :( ;)

DefJeff
04-19-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by HellbillyDeluxe
Dammit! I knew I missed one.
Sorry 'bout that DefJeffs

its all good ;)

Agent Z
04-20-2002, 09:11 AM
Was a toss-up between the title creature in the backyard swimming pool in ALLIGATOR, and the obligatory idiot couple swimming in the research pool after-hours at the beginning of PIRANHA.....(drum roll)..............and..........the fishies win!!......:) ....although that was a creepy scene in ALLIGATOR......

BTW, wasn't there another pool scene in the Elm Street series....with Freddy messing with a girl diving......?? Something to that effect....dang memory cells....need recharging!

Hellbilly
04-20-2002, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by MISSIONCODEZ
Was a toss-up between the title creature in the backyard swimming pool in ALLIGATOR, and the obligatory idiot couple swimming in the research pool after-hours at the beginning of PIRANHA.....(drum roll)..............and..........the fishies win!!......:) ....although that was a creepy scene in ALLIGATOR......

BTW, wasn't there another pool scene in the Elm Street series....with Freddy messing with a girl diving......?? Something to that effect....dang memory cells....need recharging!

Ok, so I missed a few, :D
Those "Alligator/Piranha" pool scenes were quite cool.
Can't remember that other Freddy/Pool scene though.

thrashard76
04-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Cool ;) icon Def! :D

DefJeff
04-20-2002, 04:46 PM
thank you sir. i finally figured out how to make one ;)

STREET TRASH
04-20-2002, 10:59 PM
The "other" pool scene is in NIGHTMARE 5. A young swimmer dreams about being in a huge indoor pool and dives off the platform way up above, only for it to transform into Freddy's netherworld when she finally reaches the bottom.

Hellbilly
04-20-2002, 11:07 PM
Ah yes, now I remember. Thanks TRASH.

Andrew
04-21-2002, 04:39 AM
THE FACULTY!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I'm the only person in the world who loved this one, but I thought it was a great throw-back to old monster movies with a modern twist. Maybe that's just me :D.

But Helly man, you forgot the all time greatest - FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH!!!!!! ;):p:D.

AceRimRat
04-23-2002, 04:30 AM
I voted for the Prowler.

But I was thinking about whether the maggots count as a "pool" in Phenomena...

Nice pool, oops, I mean poll. As usual, Helly.

rhett
04-23-2002, 05:23 AM
Wasn't there a pool scene in Jack Frost 2?

You'd think a movie of such merit would get precedence over House on Sorrority Row. But alas, this is a Helly poll, it is just one of those things we have to sit back and accept quietly.

:D:)

Jamm
04-23-2002, 02:16 PM
The pool scene in Burnt Offerings is disturbing just for the whole domestic violence/child abuse thing. I just can't watch things like that. My second choice is the pool scene in Poltergeist. Good reason for having an above ground pool!!!

Hellbilly
04-23-2002, 04:18 PM
Thanks Ace :D
The pool scene in "The Prowler" rules!

Jack Frost 2?
I haven't seen part 1 yet!

Believe me rhetts, "Final Exam's" budget was so low they didn't even had enough cash left to film a cool pool scene. ;)

rhett
04-23-2002, 05:09 PM
Hehe, Helly. :)

The pool scene in House also brings back memories. There were a lot of damn pool scenes in horror movies!

Doombear
04-28-2002, 01:20 AM
The pool of bodies and maggots in Dario Argento's Phenomena was icky.

There was also the scary pool in Shadow of the Hawk where the ancient Indian spirit tried to pull Jan-Michael Vincent down to the bottom.

Don't forget the frozen pool in Poltergeist III.

DVD-fanatic-9
06-16-2008, 02:28 PM
I voted for Suspiria. That scene still intoxicates me. I can practically smell the room and feel the water on my fingers as I watch.

But I sort of thought the pool scene in Rocky Horror Picture Show was equally amazing. I couldn't really vote for it though. I was a late comer to seeing Rocky Horror. So it didn't have the same impact on me that Suspiria did.

WesReviews
06-16-2008, 03:21 PM
How could this poll neglect to mention the waterslide death scene... or pretty much any other scene... from The Pool (http://www.oh-the-horror.com/page.php?id=81)?

DVD-fanatic-9
06-16-2008, 03:25 PM
Maybe people just wanted to forget it...