PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Man

jeffschmidt
12-21-2000, 11:44 PM
I see the review for this is up, so I thought I'd share my $.02 about this flick.

***** SPOILER ALERT *****

Kevin Bacon's character should have lived, dammit! The guy & girl who end up defeating him are the least likeable characters I've seen in a long time & it was their fault all of the charismatic lab folks got offed! (can't blame KB, he's the villain) Still it was a fun flick, but it would have been even better if the final shot gave us some creepy hint that KB was still alive...

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

mutleyhyde
12-22-2000, 12:32 AM
I heard that KB played a real asshole and that the viewer didn't feel sympathetic towards him at all. Two very conflicting opinions. Hmmm... piques my curiosity.

------------------
"When I go to confession, I don't offer God small sins - petty squables, jealousies - I offer him sins worth forgiving!"

May the Hammer eternally bleed!
M. Hyde

jeffschmidt
12-22-2000, 03:41 AM
Bacon's character is definitely an asshole - he's killiing people, ain't he? I guess I was *so* put off by the lame-ass "heroes" that I couldn't help but root for Kev. Besides, if I were invisible I'm sure I'd be doing some nasty stuff too, maybe not murder, but then again...

Lately I'm always rooting for the bad guys.

------------------
"I like that satellite TV, Pa!" -Ellie May, Redneck Zombies

ashe001
12-22-2000, 05:37 AM
I have to agree with jeffschmidt, I totally wanted the 2 "heroes" to be offed in the end. I was rooting for Bacon's character throughout the whole movie. I tend to favor the villians in most movies though, I mean who wouldn't wanna cheer on Hannibal, Leatherface, Dracula, Freddy, Michael, Jason etc.....

Dave
12-22-2000, 12:13 PM
Bacon's character was a likable asshole...at least that's what I thought. I was definitely rooting for him too. But who knows...maybe we'll see a sequel.

------------------
David W. Anderson - dave@horrordvds.com
Webmaster - www.horrordvds.com (http://www.horrordvds.com)

Django
12-22-2000, 03:37 PM
On let's think about this shall we.

Who are we as fans gonna root for?

Kevin Bacon or Brand from The Goonies?

Argento Fan 2003
01-27-2001, 01:55 AM
This may be an old thread but I felt like replying. I didn't root for KB or "Brand" from The Goonies, I rooted for "Chris Parker" from Adventures in Babysitting :P hehehehe

Harms the Stoppa
01-30-2001, 05:22 AM
SWEET! i bought this dvd when it came out,i was actually surprised(and aroused) when i was watching the cut rape scene.

------------------

rhett
01-30-2001, 08:21 AM
While I do not share the same level of arousel as you, I was very impressed with this DVD. I just wish Columbia Tri-Star would release more new horror films, because as far as I'm concerned, their special editions are the best in the business.

roger_d
01-30-2001, 06:27 PM
I liked Bacons character too, and those two were no heros at all. Those two were really miss-cast as heros. Good movie. Great FX. I just didn't care much for the two who lived at the end. They should have died at the end.