PDA

View Full Version : New Line's best Jason movie ?

Doombear
04-28-2002, 02:25 AM
Which New Line Jason movie is your favorite ?

DefJeff
04-28-2002, 04:46 AM
all the way Jason X ... Jason Goes to Hell blewwwwwwww after the first 15 mins or so

froggydogg69
04-28-2002, 06:18 AM
Jason X got my vote too, at least Jason was Jason in this one, for the most part anyway.

Mark Relford
04-28-2002, 06:42 AM
I didn't care for the body switching bullshit in JGTH. If I wanna see that, I'll check out The Hidden.:D The gore from the unrated version was the only redeeming factor, IMO.

rhett
04-28-2002, 08:27 AM
JGTH has Jason X beat when it comes to gore, but Jason X is the pure winner on all other levels.

JGTH is the equivalent to film what Dana Kimmell is to acting. :D

Fizban
04-29-2002, 07:05 AM
Whole space thing threw me. I have to throw my vote for JGTH.

moogong
04-30-2002, 07:50 PM
Jason X kicked JGTH to uh.....Hell.

It was way more of a a fun Friday the 13th movie then the last couple made.

DVD-fanatic-9
06-16-2008, 03:36 PM
I hate all 3 of them. But Jason X is clearly the best. There's nothing to rave about, no question about that. But unlike Freddy Vs. Jason and Jason Goes to Hell, few if any of the characters infuriated me. Everyone was pretty much evenly tempered and I don't remember anyone going over the top. And I did think that girl playing the main character was at least some kind of actress. And then there's that guy playing the sort of quiet commander who also gave a decent performance. Then, David Cronenberg is in the movie. Points for that, no doubt. Then, there's actually a great scene in the movie - the "Virtual '80s" scene was very good. Surprisingly.

That's way more than I can say on behalf of New Line's other shitfests, FvJ and JGtH.

KR~!
06-16-2008, 06:04 PM
they both sucked

thrashard76
06-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Jason X

Erick H.
06-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Jason X.

Rockmjd
06-17-2008, 09:53 AM
Freddy vs. Jason

Jason X might be my least favorite in the whole series.

spawningblue
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
They were both pretty bad, but I went with Goes to Hell. I thought Jason X was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Who thought that going to space would be a good thing for a slasher movie, oh wait, the guys who made Leprechaun I guess.

Yes, Goes to Hell barely has Jason in it, but the opening is awesome, the kills are also really good, and most importantly, they kept it in the woods.

I think Jason X was more of a spoof then anything, but you know what, I didn't laugh once. And I thought the acting was atrocious and annoying. It had a couple good kills, I'll give it that, but the movie as a whole was just a steaming pile of cow dung.

Either way, the three movies New Line has done have been awful, as was Goes to Manhattan. I'm not one for remakes, but I have faith that the remake will at the least be better then the last four crapfests.

WesReviews
06-17-2008, 05:55 PM
I'm puzzled by the poll numbers on this one so far. :confused:

JGTH has way better kills, FX, nudity, and CREIGHTON DUKE.

JX did have Jason throughout, though... so I'm thinking that's most pollsters deciding factor in choosing it over JGTH.

DVD-fanatic-9
06-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Yes, Goes to Hell barely has Jason in it, but the opening is awesome, the kills are also really good, and most importantly, they kept it in the woods.
Really? To me, the woods didn't have the same feel they had in the earlier movies. I'm telling you, when they moved Friday the 13th to New Line, they took the entire look and feel of New Line horror movies with them. And New Line horror is known for supernatural occurences and surreal sort of style and all that. The Paramount feel was fun for this series. New Line ruined that. They changed everything. The director didn't even know how to shoot the scenes in the woods. Almost everything took place indoors. And as I remember it, the camping scene never showed the characters looking out into the woods. Or the woods looking back at them - which is a staple of the Friday the 13th movies.

Either way, the three movies New Line has done have been awful, as was Goes to Manhattan.
I disagree that Jason Takes Manhattan was a bad movie. It was just different from most of the earlier films. And I liked it. I thought it retained the same feel as The New Blood, which I loved. It wasn't great for everyone, but I've always liked Fred Mollin's score for both movies.

JGTH has way better kills, FX, nudity, and CREIGHTON DUKE.
I would never really want to watch Jason X again. But if I was given a choice, I would take Jason X over Goes to Hell any day!! The gore was...sort of okay but the kills sucked, the effects overall were sloppy and sludge-like, and Creighton Duke was stupid and annoying.

And you count nudity as a bonus? That's like me liking a picnic table in some movie and saying, "DUDE! That movie had a rockin' picnic table! How could you vote against a movie with such a rockin' picnic table in it?!"