PDA

View Full Version : Best Jason

Agent Z
05-02-2002, 06:58 AM
Pick the best Jason and tell the reason(s) behind your selection!

rhett
05-02-2002, 08:26 AM
Ted White from The Final Chapter is my pick. TFC definitely had the scariest Jason, and White plays him great. Kane Hodder is cool and all, but he is just too big to play Jason. I liked it better when Jason was an unstoppable killer, not a body builder.

My next choice would be Gillette from Friday the 13th Part 2. He was very human, which made him believable, and his run is so much scarier than Jason's plotting walk that shows up throughout the rest of the films. The shot at the end in Part 2 where Ginny is in his hut and you can see Jason running through the window is just creeeepy!

Good poll Codez!

maybrick
05-02-2002, 05:36 PM
So sue me. I picked Jason in part two. He was so much creepier when he just wore a bag and kept his mother's head on an altar. I have to mention that I'm fairly old and have been watching these films since before the mask was introduced in part 3 so I'm a bit biased. I may be in the minority, probably WAY in the minority, but I always thought the hockey mask was lame!

gunner
05-02-2002, 05:54 PM
I had to go with jason from part 3. I have always been facinated with how jason appeared in that film. With his thick,fat-rolled neck and the facial features of a mongoloid.I also liked how Richard Brooker played the role,especially how when he ran he let his arms almost fall slack and just kind of bump around for the ride,very gorilla-like. I think they really got their act together creating jasons appearence in pt.3,and giving him the hocky mask was a brilliant idea.In fact it was such a good idea they've used it in every sequel since,as we all know.

DefJeff
05-02-2002, 07:01 PM
yea i went with the Jason from part 3 also... i thought he looked the best/creepiest. altho part 2 and 4's Jason also looked great.

i really cant stand the newer "fat" jason. i think he looks ridiculous fat.

Agent Z
05-02-2002, 09:01 PM
I'm picking Richard Brooker's Jason from FRIDAY THE 13th PART 3 also. In terms of stature, I always thought that this Jason was the most intimidating........I would hate to ever be on the bad side of Mr. Brooker.....ol' boy is big!! I also like the little extras that Richard used to give Jason more of an attitude....such as the way Jason casually throws down the speargun after delivering a perfect Olympian marksman's strike to Vera as if to say "Business as usual...on to the next."......or his athletic spin-around arm abuse move on Ali in the barn at the end. Finally, this Jason RAN.........simple as that........I HATE when the killer walks after a victim (and the victim, against all logical thinking, still can't outrun the shuffling threat).

Mark Relford
05-03-2002, 04:51 AM
I dig Jason's zombie look in The New Blood. You can see his spine and bones.
Favorite moment: When Tina was using her powers against a very pissed off Jason.

Yowie
05-11-2002, 07:50 PM
I picked Brooker in Part 3, although the guys in Part 2 and Part 4 weren't bad either. IMO things started to go wrong for good old Jason after Part 4, not only were the murders dull but the actors playing Jason didn't quite manage to scare me the way the first actors did. Hodder gives him too much character and that's about the only thing our boy Jason doesn't need, he's supposed to be nothing but this brutal fast killing machine. I don't know how much Brooker took the role seriously, but I think the less you (as an actor) invests in the character of Jason the better, I believe that could actually be part of the reason why the first 4 films in the series are the best. I also kind of agree with maybrick about the bag, it was a simple but very effective "mask".

Andrew
05-13-2002, 01:28 AM
Definitely the guy from The Final Chapter. My favorite Jason, my favorite Friday. That movie is just brutal :).

Rock
05-20-2002, 06:14 PM
FINAL CHAPTER...not only the best Jason but the best screamer, Trish (Kimberly Beck)! NEW BLOOD's Jason a close 2nd.

KillerCannabis
05-20-2002, 11:30 PM
I had to pick C.J. Graham from Part 6. I just think that Jason is a total badass in that one. Part 6 is not my favorite F13th flick. That honor would go to Part 3. But Jason is just brutal in 6, IMHO. A close second would be OG Jason from Jason X. He's pissed he's in space so he fucks some kids up pretty bad. Great flick I thought.

swamptours
05-30-2002, 04:27 AM
I also voted for C.J. Graham. Great Jason-great movie.

Wez4555
05-31-2002, 05:23 PM
id take any jason where you dont see his eyes. i think its more creepier when you just see black holes. part 5 was prolly the crappiest jason. he just looked like some normal big guy with a hockey mask.