PDA

View Full Version : Seen Ninja Resurrection?

y2doublet
05-02-2002, 12:42 PM
Has anyone here seen Ninja Resurrection? I hear it's pretty gory but not much of a story. So, is it worth buying?

TobalRox
05-02-2002, 04:54 PM
are you talking about the anime semi-sequel to Ninja Scroll? If so, don't waste your time. I only saw the first video (I guess the DVD has both parts, but my friend got the VHS when it first came out a few years back) and it was rather boring. Animation wasn't as good, story was lame, characters weren't as cool, and the action wasn't all that impressive. Maybe I just had high standards for it, and I'd definitely be willing to check out the DVD to see both parts and see if my mind is changed, but this is how i remember it.

y2doublet
05-02-2002, 05:15 PM
Yeah, I guess that's the one. But apparantly it doesn't have anything to do with Ninja Scroll. Not the same characters, not the same animators, no the same story or anything. The main character's name is the same but, I'm told, only as an attempt to cash in on Ninja Scroll's success. I've read that the plot is worthless but also that the gore was to be unparallelled by anything else.

Jog
05-03-2002, 06:53 PM
The gore is certainly there, but it's not quite as bad as the stuff in Kawajiri's Ninja Scroll. I think what really gets people about this is the religious imagery, as well as the infamous armless sex scene in a church... too bad the show is unfinished. Only the first two parts were out the door before production stopped. The creators claim they'll finish it someday... I thought it was ok, if somewhat schizo in its tone shifts (Cmedy! Gore! Sex! Tears! Satan!)...